Summer Flowjam 2022 Winner is... 🏆

Well, The results are in .:trophy:

The game reviews have been tallied, and the Winner is Universal Crumble , by sup3r87.

Summer 2022 has had more games created and submitted (82) than any previous Flowjam. Not only that, but the already high quality bar has been raised yet again. There were a lot of really fun, great looking, and highly polished games submitted this time around. This was sup3r87’s first time entering a Flowjam, and it appears that they really went all out, since this entry is extremely well executed. The game play is flawless, the art and music are fantastic, and the simple to learn (but difficult to master) core gameplay loop makes it really easy to get sucked into “just one more game”.

@sup3r87 chose the Gray Switch Lite, which will be on the way soon!

The competition was very intense, and there are a bunch more games that are worth trying out:

Operation Delete by PixelPizza & JR01
2nd Place Winner
Operation Delete placed an extremely close second place, with a great looking, creative, and fun to play game that really captured the theme well. I highly recommend checking this one out.

Room For None by Recyptech
3rd Place Winner
A gorgeous & unique Roguelike mystery game. Definitely do not miss playing this game - maybe I’m biased, but I think it has the most iconic opening sequence since Skyrim :slight_smile:

See all the results here:

21 Likes

Congrats @sup3r87 Flowlab Game Creator - And The Flowjam Winner Is...

8 Likes

When I entered into this jam, my only goal was just to see what it was like working with a solid deadline. I didn’t expect to win, especially since this was my first time, but… here I am!! I’m honestly having trouble figuring out what to type lol.

I’d like to mention that there were a lot of great games (most were in the honorable mentions and 3rd/2nd) that deserved wins, too. This jam was really fun, and I reccomend giving some of the games a try!

I hope it’s fine, but I’d also like to plug the page for the winning game here: 🌌 Universal Crumble - Summer flowjam 2022 . If you’re interested in the game I have some cool plans going forward.

Thank you all!!

12 Likes

Congrats @sup3r87 It’s great to see new talent rewarded in such a clear way! Best of luck for future endeavors, I’m excited to see what’s next!

7 Likes

My game’s theme was weak. I only brought it up once near the end. I should have planned it out more, but I got distracted playing Kirby. I should also learn to do better pixel art and balance the gameplay more. Congrats @sup3r87

6 Likes

Color Complex got 7th place! Last time I got 11, so I improved 4 spaces!
Next time I’ll make the top 3, look out! (Also, congrats @sup3r87, great game!)

6 Likes

Great job on Color Complex, @CodeAlpaca. I was pretty blown away to see how much got created in two weeks.

8 Likes

i think color complex was one of the best submissions purely for the level editor. i’ve never seen this kind of stuff actually working in flowlab before. you guys should be proud of yourselves!

7 Likes

Congrats @sup3r87, I really enjoyed the mechanics and the artwork.

6 Likes

Yo, I got mentioned twice!
Now that’s a personal achievement haha

But for real, congrats @sup3r87!
Your game was outstanding visually and gameplay wise.

9 Likes

Amazing! Congrats @sup3r87
I knew the game was going to win the moment I saw that door transition :ok_hand::sparkles:
The game is really polished and complete for a game jam, well done.

I def wasnt expecting a 2nd place with my game. I usually get really bad scores ever since I won lol.
But I am glad people liked this game :smile:

10 Likes

I’m a bit late, but congrats @sup3r87! it was a well deserved win, and I can’t wait to see what’s next if you decide to enter flowjam again.

6 Likes

Thanks! 99% sure I’ll only be doing some voluntary pixel art for some people; game jams are way too much for my school focused self during school lol. excited to see what comes next :slight_smile:

8 Likes

The package came in today! I’m a bit of a noob when it comes to switches but I’m interested to see what it offers!

I would like to thank @grazer and @JR01 for providing an immaculate amount of support on the flowlab discord; I might have not been able to finish crumble in time without them.

I’d also like to thank this whole community, because there are some awesome people here that really make the experience worthwhile. Flowlab is extra fun because of the amazing community built up here. I’m definitely not going anywhere soon!!

11 Likes

Awesome! You should get Mario kart so we can play :joy:

5 Likes

That looks like a serious gaming setup, looks really cool

6 Likes