Surviv.io Dev Team Collab

Checking it out rn! 220

niceeee dude, i like the health bar also! great job

1 Like

Ok sorry it took me so long, ive been researching how the barrel animations work. I’m going to add every time you hit it more smoke comes out. And when it gets hit enough it will blow up with orange/red particles.

We’re also going to have to add proximity damage. So the closer you are to it the more damage you receive.

1 Like

Yup,good thinking! 20

but youll have to add proximity damage ok ill just make barrel animations

One problem, i cant expand the barrel sprite, its to small for me to add any smoke particles :frowning:

I’m not sure what you mean exactly, but I have an idea. Let me try something.

Also here’s what i found out about the barrel.
It has six health when you punch it, after three hits the smoke starts to come out from the center and will slowly fade to the top right. Also it’s like a crate so it will slowly shrink the more damage it takes.
I totally didn’t punch a barrel in surviv.io just now, lol.

1 Like

I hope you didn’t anyways nice!

1 Like

Okay, I made the barrel breakable and I added smoke particles. Their not as good as they are in the actual game, but they do the job. I added a proximity detection so if its at low health it won’t emit particles if the player isn’t near, or else the game would lag really bad.
Although the explosion thing is gonna be kinda hard to complete and I’m not even sure if I’m able to do something like that. I won’t have time today to do it, but I’ll try my best when I can.

1 Like

Alright thanks! Good job.

1 Like

Question, were you just now editing the game? Cause it said something about keeping my changes or the other persons. Just wondering.

1 Like

I am muting this topic, I just got a million things

2 Likes

@meburningslime i didnt ask but go ahead XD

Yes i was just save your changes @ManiacPumpkin

1 Like

Okay, don’t mind the huge mass of items in the corner, i’m trying to make as many as I can. Currently working on the helmet situation so it will toggle on and off helmets depending on which one you find. If you find a lvl 1 helmet it will equip. If you find a lvl 2 helmet it will equip, unless you have a lvl 1 on then it will replace the lvl 1 and spit out a lvl 1 helmet item.

1 Like

Ok i like your thinking. Is there something i can work on?

1 Like

Hmm…

You know what you did to get the helmets? Try doing that, but with every item in the game. Once you do that, I can lay it ontop of the gray circle outline and just copy and past the code. Other than that I can’t really think of anything unless you want to start adding stone’s or buildings.

1 Like

Alright i can definetly try :slight_smile: I’ll tell you what i can do

1 Like

The easiest thing I found out was just search up an image of like the items and if you find an image where it shows gameplay, but a lot of items on the ground. Like This:
Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.21.32 PM

Then screenshot a little box around of the the items and then adapt it to be a 64 x 64 pixel sprite. Open it up in the editor and just crop or erase the background out. That’s what I did with the backpack and it looks pretty good. I accidentally screenshotted the bandage as well, so you don’t have to bother doing that one since I can go ahead and do it.

We also need a Lvl3 helmet and the lvl 2 and 3 backpack. Just a reminder.

1 Like