Sword Volleyball

Major updates and news:
First off I’ve completely changed how the bot calculates a flick, which has given it an amazingly fast and consistent flick. I’ve also taught the bot to jump earlier, so it no longer concedes a point every time you bump the ball. It still needs improvement because a fast enough bump placed on the corner can still really easily always go past it.

I’m also working on a training system, if you go into the second level you can demo it. Right click to change mode, left click to change difficulty, “t” to start.

Bigger news for all you out there who haven’t really seem what the bot is capable of, here’s a full match between me and the bot (bot is green)

1 Like

Added a system that adds your point differential (your score - ai score = pd) into a leaderboard. this lets me know how badly the bot is winning or if any of you have any skill. Use x to toggle leaderboard.

1 Like

The bot is too good! also there is a bug where is shows you “you lose” over and over again.

can you explain what you mean by this? is it showing it after you reload?

Well when you play a round or two it will show “you lose” after every end of a game. Like if the ball hits on my side, if will automaticly show “you lose” even if the round is not over yet.

i think i know why this happens lemme fix it rq

1 Like

should be fixed now, just reload and tell me if it worked, never had that issue before

1 Like

I’m still running into it.

is it not resetting the score?

deployed another chance at a fix idk if it will work

1 Like

Is the bot supposed to go on the other side of the net? Because it did for me.

1 Like

Can you please make a way to rotate the sword thats not arrows? Like IJKL or the Mouse Position
(I have a 60% keyboard so no arrow keys :frowning: )

1 Like

I do not think so XD

1 Like

You can use e & q or j & l to rotate

added this a while back when someone else had this issue

1 Like

it very rarely does this so i got lazy and never coded it to give the player a point when it does

1 Like

I remain the single person to have beaten the bot

this gives me a reason to continue working on it

2 Likes

Yayyy I beat it tooo

I can finally rest in peace knowing I beat galactian’s bot

another video showcasing the ai
ton of new changes over the last month, it hits the ball much faster (uses the same spin the player does) and it kind of knows how to block

it’s still nowhere near perfect and i beat it 11-0 twice in a row earlier, but it’s getting there
8-8 rally is really good from the ai

i said this before and it’s now flicking the ball 10 times better lmao

2 Likes

lmao i just realized bc this game uses a movement system from a different game i made the swords have footstep sounds when they move

3 Likes