Taile Gamougg 5 Production

Level 2 will be a boss fight. Here’s a block from the level:

Do you guys like the new art style I’m going for? I’m moving out of the 32x32 grid, at least vertically. I also made the heads much smaller. This is a WIP sprite of Gamougg (still need to draw the last few details, then cut and paste parts to rearrange the sprite so that it isn’t front-facing anymore).

• Bring back the old one :rage:
  • Wow actually good sprite from JS? No way! :exploding_head:

0 voters

2 Likes

Poll closing on August 3rd, one month after it ws made. Also, I have some drawings for alternate dimension Gamouggs below.

Dunno but this one's old design appears as a skin in Gamougg 4

This one is the main design from TAILE GAMOUGG: X by @puginarug, which you should play right now btw.

here’s a colored bit of concept art

2 Likes

*for the tgx design

2 Likes

Nice, thanks. I was trying to draw that design from memory.

2 Likes

Do you want him to be in Gamougg 5 by the way? Right now, here are the plans for all the alternate Gamouggs in the game; spoilered for those who want to be surprised when the game comes out (game file names will be in brackets) [user who created them will be in square brackets]:

• Ninja Gamougg [BradenS]
  • Police Gamougg (Deceptive Justice)
  • Bonebreaker Gamougg
  • Ligma Gamougg [in-game design by extrez and puginarug]

Also is that concept the past or future Gamougg?

1 Like

Well, that Gamougg is from before TG4, also, please let me code him myself, I want him to feel similar to how he feels in the game.

2 Likes

Okay, you can code him after the jam because we need to focus on that right now. The ninja Gamougg concept I posted on Discord was made before the Flowjam. I haven’t made a proper drawing like that since it started, only doodles.

:+1:
Also can you please tell me what year the game is set in? If it’s alright with you or the lore

2 Likes

Gamougg run animations?!?

2 Likes

dont like how realistic it looks, maybe make it look more like

You need to stop making these in Flowlab if you ain’t gonna press Windows + PrintScreen and upload a 1:1 scale ratio screenshot

2 Likes

oh okay, give me a sec
img_asset_13349064
here, that better?

2 Likes

I am sorry but I had to say it, this is not the correct word for this particular sentence, DW, please edit it to ‘Here’.

1 Like

Amazing design. Really nice sprites. I’m not sure if I want that style for the whole game though, since I am shifting to a new side-view style, but that can be for the Gamougg 3 new updated version. Or it could be an alternate dimension version of Gamougg in Gamougg 5. Or a fangame you could make. The choice is yours.

1 Like

im a free user so i cant make a fangame but i could make a version facing 3rd person angle

1 Like

also i think skulls without the bottom jaw look way cooler

1 Like

I mean like a 2.5D/3D view like the direction default sprite is facing. You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to, I could use the chance to practice my conversion technique that transforms front-facing sprites into 2.5D or 3D sprites.

1 Like

well i think you mean like hollow knight
where he’s in that angle

1 Like