The Facility - Update log and Announcements (Entity Lists)

@MetaNinja if you have any ideas then please suggest your creature to: Character Ideas (Still need ideas)

Okay, then. Iā€™ll be posting my idea there. Thank you!

1 Like

Well, I havenā€™t been adding any updates to the log so imma try to remember what I did this past week.

So I finished an inventory system, started on the actual map (not demo)
Added an oxygen meter for later use, will take away health (also added) but wonā€™t die yet.

Health bar is for minor injured or damage from holding breath too long so they can stack and you will eventually die. Also in some instances, you can get one tap killed by certain entities or really bad effects. Although only the demo is free to the public currently.

1 Like

Also forgot to mention that I did add a gas or steam leak (probably gonna be gas) so you have to hold you breath while going through or you lose all of you oxygen and start taking damage instantly.

1 Like

I just heard the word Koh and Avatar the last airbender :scream:

Dude, seriously. Can you at least say something that at least goes with the discussion.

Alright, itā€™s been almost two weeks and I finally pushed out a small update. I changed my logo on my game, and on the forums (here in a second). Worked on credits and added those who helped with concepts and ideas. I colored your name depending on the color most used in your icon or profile picture. Thatā€™s about it.

I love your game. The monster scared the crap out of me. lol I think you should add a monster who looks like your mother. lol or maybe one that looks a little like Davey Jones with tentacles. I had a hard times with the controls.

1 Like

Umm, okay? Sorry you had a hard time with the controls, but im not sure about making a creature look like my mom. That just would be weird. Speaking of a Davey Jones with tentacles, theres a more accurate name for that creature, Cthulu. I hope i spelled that right. Although if I added him in the game, then you would no longer be alive cause hes a god. Literally.

Started working on a trailer for The Facility (Got the idea from @Ramshacklegamestudios and @browngr. I saw how cool that actually looked and definitely played the part, so I figured that why not make a trailer for my game. I probably wonā€™t release it until halloween (October 31st I think) I would just like to thank everyone who helped participate in character and document developement. Also thanks to everyone who played the demo, sorry there isnā€™t much to the game currently, but the demo is supposed to be a very detailed teaser for what the game is actually supposed to be about. Iā€™ve been working on the actual map, but it will take some serious time, time that I probably donā€™t have, lol. I have no actual idea of the release date of the finished game, but it might estimate around a year or two, sadly.

1 Like

Also @rcreger, should I mention you as Plymouth Entertainment or just rcreger. Iā€™m currently working on the trailer and I wasnā€™t quite sure how I should properly address you.

Also, Iā€™ve been working on my trailer for at least half a week and I know something seems to be missing, I was wondering if it should include some minor gameplay or just some teaser of new characters or something so Iā€™m not sure. If anyone has any info on how to make a proper trailer then Iā€™m all ears. Also there is no sound currently, but thatā€™ll change by the end of the week. I would show some of you guys that helped in the making of my game it a little early so you can give some feedback before the official release, but Iā€™m not sure if I should. I kinda want it to be a secret so when it releases on Halloween and it isnā€™t very good, then please no hate, itā€™s my first trailer on a game making website.

1 Like

I didnā€™t think about it @ManiacPumpkin, but Plymouth Entertainment would work, yeah.

As for the trailer, maybe some false gameplay, like a bunch of timed motors and cues, etc. That activate some events, or a jumpscare (it could be just a dude walking down a dark hallway and something pops up out of nowhere). So character and item previews would be cool too. The jumpscare would be the last scene though, I think.

1 Like

Okay @rcreger, I didnā€™t think about adding a jump scare or anything to it, Iā€™ll try to implement one. If the trailer can give some one a spook, then the game should do way better. Although, is there a way to implement a video into Flowlab? I know I could just spam screenshots, but that would take way to long. I could just remake all of the sprites from the game and insert them into the trailer and make it that way. I think a video would be much easier.

1 Like

As of right now, thereā€™s no way to implement it unless you wanted to download frame by frame a video (which would be just a tad faster than taking screenshots over and over. But yeah, there isnā€™t an easy way right now. I think the sprite editor update was even about to add gifs, but thatā€™s a bit down the line, though.

1 Like

lore* STUPID AUTOCORRECT

Hey @Gamer20, I know I already talked to you about stuff, but I just wanted to know where youā€™ve been. GrimProductionZ said that you got banned for spamming or something and I just figured that I would ask you. Just wanted to welcome you back cause I havenā€™t seen you on for a while.

@ManiacPumpkin I was busy on Reddit,Imgflip etc.
Anyways thanks for the warm welcome back,Iā€™m currently raging because ofā€¦yeah I think you get what Iā€™m raging of

Hello everyone who keeps track of the updates that i post (Probably no one)

So I donā€™t really keep track of updates in an organized fashion cause Iā€™m waiting till I get the map at a playable state before I start posting updates, that way you guys can relate to the updates and see what I added. Also literally all that I added was a mig welder next to the welder NPC. I also added light that flickers to resemble the welder tip spewing sparks. Thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Alright, so today I added a lighting system that surrounds the player like a flashlight which probably wont be added in the intro, but it will be in the actual game when the power goes out. I cant send screen shot cause I dont have it set up yet, but I will soon. Also reminder, the trailer is coming out on Halloween which is the last day of October. (No one probably cares about it, lol) A spooky game deserve to have a teaser on the spookiest day of the year.

1 Like

Ay, canā€™t wait the teaser bro.

I canā€™t say how much I like a good teaserā€¦

Teasers are lifeā€¦

1 Like