The GalacticoS update log!

The GalacticoS update log!

This log will be used to give updates on improvements to GalacticoS.

If you want to give feedback, the appropriate place to do so is here :
http://forum.flowlab.io/discussion/7338/galacticos-feedback-and-questions#latest
Though feedback is welcome in this place, too.

Ill be formatting updates this way: each usual update that improves the game gets .1 added to it s version number, and the version number starts at 1. For example, if I updated the game right after release it would be 1.1. Any bug fix will be briefly mentioned here rather than the GalacticoS description and will get a .1 behind the usual .1 until a new usual update happens. For example, a small big fix after an update would be 1.1.1, and if a new update came after that it would be 1.2. If I completely remake the game (which I probably wont) 1 will be added. For example, if I completely rewrote the game to put crazy new physics, new storyline and more, it would be labeled 2.0. Hopefully this clears up any confusion on how I format update names.

I will also put the date (usual month/day/year format) at the beginning, and after that, the title.

For example, this is how I format full updates (anything saying Im working on stuff or have ideas wont get the format)

07/23/19
(1.4) no u update

This update adds no u, which is a nonexistent feature that will never be implemented. Goodbye.

This log was created 05/25/19

I’d really like to see the development of this game! I will be tuning in through updates. Good luck!

P.S., I also have an update log for two of my games, which you can also check out.

Currently Im on vacation, but after today, tomorrow and most of the day after, I will begin to work on the first update, which will be called gramma ray. It will change the credits a little but mostly put proper and well-checked grammar into the game, eliminating any typos.

Good luck @soethan1 ! It is really exciting for me to see my suggestions helping games.

the gramma ray update has begun development! It will also add a few more informational markers once complete to guide the player through the game easier. description has been polished.

The update wont be really noticed, but is very important. Good luck @soethan1 !

05/28/19
(1.1) Gramma ray update

This update adds correct grammar, punctuation, etc to all cutscenes. more arrows have also been added for guidance.

I’m gonna begin working on an animation update in a few days!

Up next is an animation update. Any ideas on what I should add?

Add to the animation update, or updates in general?

Animation update

I personally think the character animation could be a bit smoother, and the enemies of the game (Vorgons, I think?) could also have it as well. Also, for the bounce/rotating character pads in the infiltration level could use an animation. (How come I’m the only one other than you commenting on this? Maybe I just know how lonely update logs can be… :lol: ). Hope those helped, and good luck! Your game is among the best!

animation fluctuation update has begun development! be ready for the game to feel more alive!

Can you make another planet?

Also, on the first level of inflicting the mothership, the other “dudes” get clumped together which makes it hard to get past.

@retroman actually, thats what makes it difficult! Its an extraordinary challenge; instead of dodging, you must outsmart and maneuver through them!

06/09/19
(1.2) animation fluctuation update

yes, as you can see, i am lazy, but i have managed to pump out another update! this one adds some new cutscene aesthetics, visual objects, stuff like that throughout the game. this update is one of two updates that both consist to ensure a more visually appealing experience throughout the game. expect 1.3 to deliver! it will start soon.

and just to be clear, these are my plans for future updates:
1.3: better graphics, more visuals
1.4: sound and music
1.5: a main menu + other stuff
1.6: i have an idea for “bloopers” unlocked after you beat the game and go back to the menu. (probably gonna need opinions to make sure its remotely funny)

^ somewhere up there I want to redesign the vorgon motherships level(s), too

galactic graphic has begun development! game will be more visually appealing soon.