The Glorious Off Topic Channel Of Destiny 2

Like you said a zombie apocalypse would be pretty easy. The only downside would be finding a decent food source. The best bet would be to camp out in an outpost with a gang and thrive.

3 Likes

I donā€™t believe ā€œgangsā€ would be the way to go.
As we have seen with the old immigrant mafia, small groups usually would end in more bloodshed. If an apocalypse truly were to occur, I have a feeling that there would be a lot of federal control, especially in more woke countries. I can see a full lockdown occuring with police patrols and a militarized government taking action. I honestly believe that politics would be more deadly than the virus in this scenario.

4 Likes

It could be debated. If the zombie breakout was some generic default stuff, and can only be spread by means of physical contact, Iā€™m sure the government has enough firepower to eliminate most of the threats and initiated a wide quarantine before anything major happens.

But that would be boring. We could just say that the virus is a bacterial strain that can grow as biological organisms such as a fungus and can be carried by air to hosts. Some people could have a rare immunity to it by air allowing very few survivors. (As of how, I donā€™t really know. Maybe rare traits in their white blood cells allow for these survivors to quickly break down weakened strains carried by air.) The military may be able to outgun the infected, but a huge majority of the active responders could get infected without warning. Those who did manage to survive will be quickly overwhelmed and soon any form of government will simply collapse.

In reality it really depends on how the virus or the apocalypse would actually happen. Thereā€™s been many scenarios of zombies based on movies and entertainment that itā€™s really up for the creator of the story to decide how it works. There could be a strain of the virus so deadly that no organic being could survive. Or something so generic that you can only get infected when a zombies saliva touches broken skin entering your bloodstream.

4 Likes

Then again, if you were apart of some survivor group, Iā€™m sure there would be some sort of leadership and authority to hopefully prevent conflict. But I can see where the stress of the situation can corrupt people into overthrowing the leader and causing each other to fight.

By gang, I mostly referred to a fairly small party of around 3 to 5 members. Mostly people I would trust dearly.

3 Likes

guys!!! i just got the ā€œAdmiredā€ badge!! OMG this is crazy, thanks so much community! :sparkles:

4 Likes

Have you played zomboid? They have modes for each of those.

3 Likes

I have not. Iā€™ll have to check it out sometime.

2 Likes

It got top 5 for labor of love award. Theyā€™ve been updating it for 13 years now.

2 Likes

Purple is scientifically the :hot_face:est colour

4 Likes
Damn

6 Likes

I mean I donā€™t think any post can top that soā€¦

5 Likes

Daily Poll #16

What would you do for $10,000?
  • Eat grubs
  • Donā€™t walk for a week
  • Do 100 pushups in a day
  • Nah man

0 voters

3 Likes

While not walking for a week sounds like it would be easy, it really wouldnā€™t considering the sheer amount you walk in just a day. Same reason why paralysis is so severe (among other obvious reasons). With push ups you can just do ten every hour for ten hours and itā€™ll be extremely easy, and I donā€™t want to eat grubs (thatā€™s gross)

4 Likes

I donā€™t want to have to ask someone to help me onto the toilet lol

2 Likes

If you have the entire day to do 100 push-ups, thatā€™ll be very easy.

3 Likes

Little question in the flowlab expressions block why does a*(-1) work but a(-1) not work if they are the exact same expression?

4 Likes

expression blocks donā€™t know how to decipher 3(2)

3 Likes

i would proably die of work

3 Likes

Because then if you made a typo with (s, it would compute the equation instead of telling you thereā€™s a typo. Thatā€™s my theory. Itā€™s also probably hard to code it.

2 Likes
Well?

4 Likes