The Glorious Off Topic Channel of Destiny 4

That isn’t good at all but is this true?

1 Like

That was another thing I had thought of.

Since humans in general, like the Scepter Foundation for instance, don’t particularly like other creatures and species. Mostly since they are usually hostile on Earth.

So I thought of the idea making a Deck around a single character card which could potentially a Foremaker, which every Foremaker has different abilities and could be used to buff other cards.

For the Scepter Foundation, they don’t have really strong characters to fight Foremakers, but they also don’t like just about every other monster. So if I did have a deck, I could potentially have teams or at least character alliances you would want to match up, but wouldn’t be a mandatory.

The Scepter Foundation kind of ruins the whole concept of teams because their most powerful people, they tried to kill off, like the 10-Bs. They do however, have the 10-As (droids), and some of them could be strong enough to fight Foremakers, but a deck around the Scepter Foundation would use a feature such as spamming so you would basically throw down as many low cost characters as possible.
I could include a feature where they can generate research counters on top of the the income used to spawn cards and that increases their technology to deal more damage. Humans, in most sci fi stories, quickly adapt for survival against the smallest of odds so they could be a broken team on their own.

The Omnikrov Installation would be very large as well, since it actually has Subject: 010-A-049 (or just known as 49) who was a 10-A, but ended up becoming a Foremaker which is difficult to explain.

Using a primary card as the decks center point is like MTG Commander play style which is similar to that, plus some alliances have many Foremakers in them, like the Council including Cabenus and many others.

I could include sub teams or armies such as the Elites and Imperidem which are both under Cabenus (technically).

I would prefer a deck around pairing cards with alliances so it at least makes sense, but I don’t want to make it a rule since making a fantasy team with a bunch of favorited characters would make the game more interesting.
But having a deck around an alliance would be more worthwhile since you can have cards that boost other cards with the same alliance.

2 Likes

sorta, the project im gonna turn in is much MUCH toned down, all the ideas i just said were as a joke, i have the wildest ideas when im laughing from someone elses joke

i wouldnt actualy do any of that, its more of a parody of greedy corporations and companies than anything

I am making Pikmin Pokemon cards that aren’t OP (like most fan cards) and have a pretty nice ability.

Also, @ManiacPumpkin, from the little paragraph you sent me I am assuming that character cards that are monster or human could be on the same team? I don’t really know it wasn’t that much clear to me.

1 Like

I thought of either giving them attack points and health points per character, but using some sort of single point system would be more beneficial.

An idea would be:
An SCU has 3 points and the Ceramic Skull has 11.
If you have 4 SCU, you could stack them all and have a combine power of 12 points which would kill the Ceramic Skull. It depends if they all die as well, one survives, or they all survive, not sure on that yet.

Their health would immediately regenerate to full after attacking a character so there would be very little math involved. Using a calculator or a ton of pennies to determine and keep track of health isn’t fun.

I may add counters that may reduce or increase some characters power by a set amount and if their power reaches 0 or less they die.

2 Likes

Yeah. I thought of using systems such as alliance boosting so cards of the same type or army would boost each other so it would hopefully remove the idea of using fantasy decks with both humans and monsters, but you still could use humans and monsters in the same deck, because it can still create for unique combos and play styles. Plus you would be very limited in deck building if you were only stuck to a single card type per deck.

1 Like

a pikmin inspired card game is possible, you would have a large quanities of pikmin cards, and ou would stack them onto a enemy card, you then roll a d12 to decide how many pikmin get knocked off the enemy, however many that is will be put into a discard pile, then you will count how many pikmin are stacked on the enemy still, and that will determine the damge the do to said enemy

1 Like

Yeah, planning on making a Pikmin Card Game

have the stats
ap (attack power) witch is how mutch damage they do
df(how much damage can be avoided)
and sp (witch is how mutch special abilities the can use
every turn you can attack or defend, if you defend, you will subtract your df from the enemies ap, what remians is how much damage you take

1 Like

Also I know I’ve been using Magic the Gathering a lot for an example, but mostly since it’s the type of card game I want to design around. Not sure if you’ve played it before, but it’s one of the few trading card games that are actually enjoyable to play.
I don’t want to copy it, but sadly it uses a format that would work perfectly for huge power ramping cards that I would include.

I spelled “Shigeru Miyamoto” with a typo so it said “Shegeru Miyamoto” instead.
Unnoticeable so I guess it’s fine.

I wouldn’t mind having a style where it keeps track of different abilities and such, but if you have a spam deck with 20+ characters on the field, it could get a bit hectic trying to math it out, especially if you could potentially stack cards to defeat larger ones.

Yeah I haven’t played it. So I’m studying how it works so I could understand what you say a bit more.

1 Like

I fixed some little things for the Red pikmin

edit:
I fixed another thing

1 Like

Basically in MTG you have 6 different mana types.

Islands (mostly spells), Forests (big monsters), Swamps (dark arts), Mountain (heavy damage), Plains (honestly useless, ngl), and colorless which is use for a variety of different stuff.

So you play basic lands that give the five colored mana I listed above that can be used to summon a creature. Every creature has icons on the top right that determine their mana cost. Some cards only costs colorless while others cost all 6.
You rotate a land 90 degrees to tap it and it gives you one (or more depending on the land) mana to be used. You can only tap once (unless a spell or ability says otherwise). You untap your lands at the beginning of your next turn.

Creatures that are first summons have summoning sickness so they can’t attack on their first turn, but can block attacks.

Their attack and defense is based in the form of X/X where the first x is their power and the second is their toughness.

Each player has a set amount of health (determines on what game mode) and the point is to basically kill the opposing player(s).

When you attack with a creature, an opponent can choose which if their creatures can block. If you creature has more power than their creature’s defense, they die, and vice versa, so if both cards have high power and low defense, they’ll kill each other.
Plus there’s different abilities like flying cards, which can’t be blocked except by other flying, trample, so extra damage leaks to the player, etc.
When you attack with a character, they become tapped until your next turn so they can’t block opponents attacks. (Which ■■■■■ when you’re playing with four people).

I don’t want to get too detailed. Since it sounds complicated, but after watching someone play a single game, it’s pretty easy. The hardest part is deck building since there are over like thousands of different cards that do different abilities. Most are basically similar to each other so you can have them in the same deck (some decks only allow for one of each card).
I don’t want to get you involved in playing it in real life since it’s very much a pay to win game. Like my current deck is like $100 or more. (Most I pulled from packs luckily) But the cards are like an investment since you can always sell them at the same price you paid for them for.

3 Likes

Finished the Blue Pikmin

Also maybe I’ll watch a gameplay video on Magic The Gathering.

1 Like

I’m gonna be honest, I don’t even know how to play Pokémon (the tcg). I’ve watched several YouTube videos on it and I still don’t understand.
I think they just recently started making prebuilt decks, but I switched to MTG since I knew how to play that.

3 Likes

I just realized I set the weakness to a water type.

1 Like

The Pokemon TCG games are really fun in my opinion. I learned how to play once I learned how to play digitally, since they give you a tutorial.

1 Like

I also forgot about Yui-Gi-Oh, which I played with a friend of mine, simile to MTG in a way, but you have to sacrifice smaller creatures to play bigger ones.

1 Like