The Glorious Off Topic Channel of Destiny 4

Same situation here.

I decided to completely start over on a really crappy game I made a couple of years ago with better code and definitely better art lol

4 Likes

Reminds me of ror1 commando
Commando

4 Likes

It is XD.

3 Likes

Risk of rain returns is coming out soon, so I wanted to make a fan game as a celebration! I love risk of rain 1.

3 Likes

I was considering doing a similar thing

4 Likes

I beat you to it lol.

3 Likes

For one of my studies for game design I am getting graded on my appreciation and analysis of risk of rain 1 and 2

3 Likes

Risk of rain 1 superior.

2 Likes

I consider them equal with the exception of hardware. 2 certainly runs smoother and has much more fluent menu systems.

2 Likes

True, true. I’m super hyped about risk of rain returns and especially about the upgraded combat.

1 Like

Risk of rain fan game main menu leak:

2 Likes

Oooooohh, nice, although not a big fan of the play just being there with no border or special thing

Update:

2 Likes

Instead of walking around the globe you should just have him be tested from above the menu button and bounce off the planet like a Pachinko machine

3 Likes

What?

Sorry, I don’t understand @meburningslime.

@meburningslime I have a memory of you saying you had worked on a prototype grappling hook concept for a game. Is that true?

I may need it for a game if so

I have a concept I’ve been planning on trying but I thought I’d ask.

2 Likes

Are you looking for a swinging mechanic, grappling and pulling, or both?

I can try whipping up an example on my sandbox parkour game. I use it to test various mechanics.

3 Likes

Both, I’m working on something right now but if you have time that would be helpful.

3 Likes

I just made this, it could work it’s pretty simple and doesn’t work the best.

https://flowlab.io/games/play/2001749

1 Like