The New Crossed Sword Game Studios Announcement Forum

Update

A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake:

So I’ve been sitting on this game for a while and recently I’ve started to get to work on the Remake of my first Flowjam game A Tale of Light and darkness. This game was my entry to the first official flowjam and was while good, very flawed and in need of a remake. So now I am continuing this and am going forward with the remake.

Today I have worked on some sprites for the main Character Lithios who if you notice will look very different from his original design. So far he can jump, run, punch and shoot all with animations and loads more to come.

Also, additional update, we have a new Crossed Sword Games Studios Logo and Icon (It’s the same, just a little polished and made better.)

I’m in love with this new look.

@rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @Greggo @meburningslime

6 Likes

Looking forward to the remake!

Also great logo polish!

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve actually ever played the original

@Greggo Thanks, I’m really trying to make it the best it can be and promises it will be even better than the original game. Also I am loving the new logo too, it stands out a lot more!

@meburningslime Really? Wow, here is the link to the game I’m remaking (There are a few bugs):

2 Likes

The Gaurdians of Winterglow

Update:

The Gaurdians of Winterglow has finally received a massive update!

Since bugs and glitches have stopped me on working on the Combat Car Adventures Reboot and the A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake I’ve finally decided to spend some time working on the “Gaurdians of Winterglow” Project (to @The_KWASM’s Delight).

I’ve updated nearly all the Defence Icons with newer better sprites and have finally added a pause button and menu to the game that works (Except the options menu in development), so that’s complete, probably with a few things to tweak.

Speaking of I made some note able changes and adjustments and have updated several other things.

Know that this game isn’t dead and that we are still working hard on it! Expect loads new massive updates coming soon and stay tuned!

@meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @rcreger @Greggo

5 Likes

A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake

Update:

It has been 18 days, but I’m back, though I never really left, and new progress has been made on games! Sorry I haven’t posted for a while, I’ve been busy with writing a book, doing a lot of schoolwork and many other things that have stopped me from working on my games - like lack of wanting to do pixel art for them.

Anyway, I’m back with a new update for the A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake! I’ve done a ton of new sprites and upcoming additions such as an idle character animation, a sprite for the vertical moving platform activating machine, animated the platform sprite and finally have done the first backdrop for the game, take a look at hours of work:

pixilart-drawing

Pixilart Sprite Sheet (1)

(Let’s not talk about this one)

And there is loads of other adjustments and fixes, but the game is slowly coming along as on of our strongest yet! Stay tuned for more Crossed Sword Game Studio Updates!

@meburningslime @rcreger @ManiacPumpkin @Greggo @MetaNinja

7 Likes

Ay, that looks really good! I like what I am seeing so far.

1 Like

@MetaNinja Thank You, can confirm the levels are looking awesome too, snapshots hopefully available soon

1 Like

dont flag this pls.

dont read my last comment Glorious Off Topic Channel of Destiny

Lol, I still haven’t had time to play it!
Then again, I haven’t even had time to eat breakfast today…

1 Like

Update:

New update on the “A Tale of Light and Darkness” Remake which is going really well and looking like one of my best games yet, I’ve updated some sprites from coloured cubes and made some improvements on the moving platforms.

Some of the new sprites:

pixilart-drawing (7) pixilart-drawing (6)

Still working on a lot of stuff for the game, forgot to post an update 2 days ago on the combat car but it wasn’t too major and expect a LOT of updates coming soon as it’s the Easter holidays!

@meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja @rcreger @Greggo @browngr

6 Likes

Looklooklooklooklooklooklooklook.
I promise I’ll try to find time tomorrow lol, I’ve been super busy. I haven’t even started my sequel game!
To be fair, I don’t think you’ve played my gane either…

1 Like

@meburningslime The Original game will give you a good idea of what the new game is like, except the new game is a lot better. Besides it’s fine, no pressure, you don’t have to play it at all.

2 Likes

Yoooo, this look fine as heck

4 Likes

He lives!

3 Likes

No this is obviously a bot

1 Like

@rcreger Thank You! I’m doing loads new work on the game and the first level should be done soon! Expect loads more art too!

@ManiacPumpkin Yep, I actually check the forums about everyday to look at any notifications, I just rarely post nor comment unless it’s in my notifications

@meburningslime Lol

2 Likes

Update:

It’s been a week since I have last given you all an update, but I am pleased to tell you more work has been done for the A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake. The first level in the original game was great and had a neon aesthetic to it.

Now that work has begun on the second level of the game we can finally share what this level looks like and how it compares to the original.

I’ve actually finished the backdrop for this new level and the tileset, which is purposely made to be an improvement or remake of the tileset of the original game.

Here is the new Backdrop:
pixil-frame-2 (14)

And here is the tileset for it:

Pixilart Sprite Sheet (2)
(All bunched together)

In comparison to the look of the original:
screenshot

screenshot (1)

So obviously we have made some great improvements and still have some work to be done. We still have enemies, the red crystals and many more things to add, but it’s all coming soon!

Additional Update:

We have made some minor changes to our logo but it’s not quite noticeable but we thought we’d update you anyway:

Thank you all for supporting us during these times!
@rcreger @meburningslime @MetaNinja @ManiacPumpkin @Greggo @browngr

7 Likes

A Tale of Light and Darkness

Update:

Told you the next update would be soon! Since Easter has given most of us holidays I’ve decided to get more done on my games! For today’s update, I’ve done my first enemy! Or at least the majority of it. It’s mostly done with a few gimmicks and things to iron out but for the most part, it’s dealt with.

The Spritesheet will be presented down below, and despite it not being my best work art-wise I found it difficult to do a shadow monster so this is what I came up with:

pixil-frame-14 (2) pixil-frame-13 (3) pixil-frame-12 (7) pixil-frame-0 (8) pixil-frame-5 (4) pixil-frame-5 (4) pixil-frame-4 (7) pixil-frame-2 (19) pixil-frame-0 (8) pixil-frame-2 (18) pixil-frame-1 (19)

(And some more which couldn’t load)

Expect loads more updates soon!
@meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @Greggo @rcreger @MetaNinja @browngr

8 Likes

Update:

Fairly big update today! Our Second enemy for the game has been added, called the “shadow strider”, with its own cute animation to go with it. I’ve done loads more progress on the new level utilizing the new enemy and fixed some animation problems with the first enemy.

Shadow Strider
(He’s so cute)

Finally, the “punch” animation has been updated to a faster, sleeker and better-looking version. This is mainly because the other animation took too long to play and made it extremely frustrating fighting enemies. Now because the animation is quicker it is much easier to face enemies as they approach you.

Lithios-old-punch
(Old)

Lithios-New-Punch
(New)

I’ve still got many things to add and finish like death animations for enemies, enemy gates, the health/light-bar and future UI as well as finishing level one and doing more animations for the main character.

Thank You all for the support!
@meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja @Greggo @rcreger @browngr

8 Likes