The New Crossed Sword Game Studios Announcement Forum

The Combat Car Adventures Reboot:

Update:

Hello There! With the latest update released I am proud to announce The Combat Car Adventures is now developing controller capabilities!

I’ve already done most of the code for it, I just now need to code the Combat system and fix more than a few bugs in the code, which should be done in no time!

Already I’ve added the controller controls to the description as well as coding all of it except the “shoot”, so soon you will be able to play this game with a game controller!

(As a console player this fills me wirh delight, thank you @grazer!)

Also expect this for most new games coming from us including the “A Tale of Light and Darkness” Remake.

Thank you to all of the people supporting this!
@meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @rcreger @MetaNinja @Greggo @browngr

5 Likes

sad wii u noises

2 Likes

More and more Flowlab games are starting to support controller/gamepad controls. I am liking this, since I play better with a controller rather than a keyboard.

3 Likes

A quick question, who is “us?”
Also,

This fills me wir delight too.

2 Likes

I think he is talking about Crossed Sword Game Studios when he is saying “us”.

2 Likes

That exactly @MetaNinja, there isn’t many of us but we are still going!

Also I do okay better with the controller rather than a keyboard and am so happy with this update! Now more of my family and friends can try out the game!

I hope over time the community can start donating to flowlab to get games able to work on consoles one day now that games work with controllers. It’s a really big price but I think together it’s achiveable.

3 Likes

Yes but who is in this mysterious occult game group that’s been around for years
:rofl:

2 Likes

Crossed Sword Game Studios

Update:

Great news, I’m back from my week break due to me having no WiFi for that time period.

I have returned with a new announcement or rather update on something I’ve left hanging for months - The official subreddit.

I am proud to announce our Official Subreddit, r/Crossed_Sword_Games, is getting an Overhaul!

From now on, all updates on Discord and on the flowlab forums will be posted alongside each other with our subreddit also posting updates too!

If you haven’t already, do make sure to join the Subreddit r/Crossed_Sword_Games if you have reddit and haven’t already.

Thank you all for the support!
@MetaNinja @meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @rcreger @Greggo

7 Likes

A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake

Update:

Recently, I’ve made some new additions to the A Tale of Light and darkness remake which may not have anything new art-wise but does have some new gameplay updates.

I figured instead of just doing more spires or tedious level design I would improve how the game actually plays, and I have.

Lithios, the player, used to move at speed 11 as his base. For some reason, this at times seemed perfectly reasonable and yet quick at times where he should be slow, so I made his base speed 9 and made it so the longer he runs the faster he becomes - it reseting once you stop running.

This actually almost made some problems of its own, so it’s still got some things to be fixed.

Tied of traversing the level and “sticking” or being able to grip onto the walls I finally fixed that and made it so the friction was set to 0 on the walls and corners of the walls so he would slide down the walls and not stick.

I also improved his ranged combat system by making the animation quicker and making him fire it faster than before. I also fixed the immediate destruction of the projectile itself but like other things there is still much to improve with that still, but now ranged combat is smoother and more efficient than before.

I also FINALLY fixed (well, mostly fixed) a longtime issue of the vertical moving platform crushing the player if standing underneath using Ray casting. It isn’t perfect and, if standing in the right place, is still able to make the player get crushed by the platform, but it still works to an extent.

Expect more animations and practical announcements now that I’ve got my desktop up and running again (Kind off, the monitors is still having some issues) and also more updates following the next few days.

Thank You all for the support!
@meburningslime @MetaNinja @ManiacPumpkin @rcreger @Greggo @browngr

6 Likes

Crossed Sword Game Studios

Announcement: New Game

I know I’ve been gone for a while, I’ve been working on some of the other important things in my life, but I am proud to say not only to expect more updates soon (Bad Timing actually since I probably won’t be on here for the next 3 days for personal reasons) but also I am working on a new game!

Most of you guys know what the flowjam is. Some of you were even there for the first, I was. If you’ve been here for at least a year you most likely participated or knew about the Flowjam: Summer Jam, the second flowjam that took place about a year and a bit ago.

For this flowjam the theme was “It’s all about time”, and so I created a game called “Chrono Space”, a time travel puzzle game and submitted it to the flowjam and lost, rightly so. It was top down so the controls were wack and annoying, the story was horrible, I only got around 3 levels done and the best thing about it was the art.

Well, I am proud to say instead of rebooting it or remaking it because honestly the game likely needs fixing more than a remake and I’m doing a lot of those lately I am deciding to give it a soft reboot.

Crossed Sword Game Studios has officially begun work on Chrono Space: Mechanical Mayhem!

The Story:

In 2025 the Aliens known as the Katahn invaded Earth. To help battle against a threat Thomas Blackwell and his corporation was tasked with building a robot army to take care of the aliens, in which they did.

After 5 years of war the robots finally drove the aliens away from Earth. Unfortunately, during the war, Blackwell and his council decided use the robots for world domination.

Using the robots Blackwell and his company took over the world and thus 19 years later the future was a terrible place where Blackwell’s robots roam the streets of every town, keeping everyone trapped in this nightmare society where he contols everything in his ‘perfect’ world.

Despite the dystopian dictator enslaving humanity there was still hope as a resistance, one so big yet still managing to stay off the grid, plotted to undo all of this.

Using Time Travelling technologies the resistance send their best soldier former marine Connor Morgan back to 2029, one year before the war ends to take out all of the members of Blackwell’s inner circle.

The game follows you as Connor as you venture through Earth during one of its greatest conflicts trying to stop Blackwell and his equals from achieving world domination. Its an action pixel platformer shooter game and my attempt to make a game from the 1990’s.

This won’t interrupt my work on the A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake or any other of my projects, this is just a new one. And if this game comes out okay I am planning to do 2 sequels and potentially more!

A Little teaser of the sprite for the game:

(Sprite for the original game summer 2020)

(Sprite for the upcoming game spring 2021)

Thank you for everyone’s support and expect more updates soon!
@ManiacPumpkin @meburningslime @MetaNinja @Greggo @rcreger @browngr

8 Likes

Awesome job improving the sprite! Looks great!

4 Likes

@Greggo Thank You! Hopefully the whole game will come out looking just as good hope my attempt as doing a game styled like those on the 1990s pays off!

3 Likes

Chrono Space: Mechanical Mayhem

Update:

I am happy to announce I have done more work on the new game today!

Because I didn’t update you on what has been done so far on the game, I have coded the basic stuff for the player including movements, double jump, and shooting as well as a health system.

I also did an enemy and a some tiles that make up some of the first level as well as some other minor things. The enemy faces the player and shoots strictly left and right when the raycast hits the player and is actually a pretty good non-moving enemy.

What I did today was update the sprite for the enemy, make the gameplay a lot better and smoother, did a punch sprite for the player (Can’t show that one yet) and made the player able to block attacks (WIP).

Additionaly I also made it so if you press 1 or 2 on the keyboard it locks the player to face left or right, great for shooting at a still target. (This can be deactivated).

(The Enemy)

Thank You all for your support!
@MetaNinja @ManiacPumpkin @meburningslime @rcreger @Greggo @browngr

6 Likes

The enemy looks really cool! Good job, I am liking what I am seeing from this project.

1 Like

A Tale of Light and Darkness Remake

Big Update:

Hello There, it’s been a while again and that’s because I’ve been busy working on my games, and now I can finally share with you all what I’ve been doing!

First, I have re-scaled the game and have had to alter the backgrounds accordingly. They still look mostly the same just a little bit different:

Second, I have FINALLY finished the health bar for this game. (I’ve been putting it off for months). Over 7 hours, 50 frames and 50 separate animations:
pixil-gif-drawing
Literally the code for this:

Anyway, I’ve additionally improved the sprites for the platforms and gave some animations:

pixil-gif-drawing (3)

And gave the Icon of the main protagonist of the game its own idle animation too:

pixil-gif-drawing (2)

Made a slight adjustment to the horizontal moving platform activator machine:

pixil-gif-drawing (4)

And also made some huge adjustments to level 1 and have expanded it even more.

I have also written a rough mock-up of some of the lore for my game, so read the backstory of The Tale of Light and Darkness below:

The Backstory:

In the beginning the universe birthed 2 forces of light and darkness. For each force was 3 deities, and those of the light and dark despised each other and stayed in their separate realms. In between their realms was the main universe, and the only thing stopping those of the light and dark from fighting each other.

Aeons later, after the creation of Earth and the rise of humanity, the border between earth and the other 2 dimensions grew thin. In preparation for this, the humans started work on creating a sentient android, one that could wield the power of both light and dark and that would bring balance to the universe.

Unfortunately, the creation of the androids took too long to finish, and by the time they were close to completion soldiers of the darkness invaded the space station and killed nearly everyone on there. Luckily few survived and managed to finalise the android as best they could and activate it, causing the birth of Lithios.

The Plot:

After being awoken and discovering this mission Lithios sets out to collect the Orbs of Light and Darkness from their respective realms to stop more soldiers of the light and darkness from being created and to grant him enough power to take on the 6 deities.

Thank You all for the overwhelming display of support, I’ll keep everyone updated as best I can!
@meburningslime @ManiacPumpkin @MetaNinja @rcreger @Greggo @browngr

8 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Crossed Sword Games Studios

New Milestone:

Hello everyone, this post isn’t actually an update about the game, but more about the forum.

This has been going for quite a while, since about December 2020+, and over the months since we have managed to accumulate 200 (And One) Total likes on this forum!

I would just like to thank everyone for supporting this and letting us reach this milestone, truly something I feel fantastic about.

Expect more updates soon!
@MetaNinja @ManiacPumpkin @meburningslime @rcreger @Greggo @browngr @00T_Free

6 Likes

Hey, ping me too! :grin:

1 Like

Alright, can’t wait for the updates!

2 Likes

@00T_Free Thanks and @hihilogic Will do :grin:

3 Likes