The Northern Firebreather ---(Fireball)--- By Cactus Studios Games

Hey guys, Cactus Studios here. I just started my new game, “The Northern Firebreather”. As you guess, firebreather means… Dragon! Yes, in this game, you play as a dragon. Here is a little screenshot of my advancement on the main character sprite:Screen Shot 2021-04-30 at 7.59.52 AM

7 Likes

Nice! Looks good!

3 Likes

Looks pretty neat, looking forward to more updates on this game!

2 Likes

Alright, here is the walking animation, if one of you wants to mae a better one, you’re welcome, I’ll give you the base sprite: ezgif-3-2842ece73b26

5 Likes

It looks good, but are you planning on giving it front legs? Right now it kinda looks like it would just fall over. (in my my opinion)

1 Like

No, sorry, I plan it to make it look like a Wyvern, because first, they look more cool (at my opinion) and also because 4-legs walking would be a mess for me :confused:

3 Likes

Well in that case it’s lookin’ good! You threw me off when you said

I’m glad my games hype people :wink:

2 Likes

You may want to add some more shading, because it looks a bit off when the only bit of shading is on the neck and the rest is the same color. Maybe add a shadow to make it pop out more. It’ll be more work, but trust me it’s worth it.

1 Like

@Ramshacklegamestudios looks more stable, now, right?

4 Likes

Maybe add a bit more shading around the tail and on the back of the wing depending on the environment

Scales would also be nice, but they aren’t completely necessary (wyverns usually have pretty prominent scales).

I’ll try to get inspired by dragons/(wyverns?) in Skyrim, it’ll be a good model for both shading and morphology

2 Likes

If you ever need any advice or just my opinion don’t be hesitant to tag me. I’m usually available nowadays :smile:

2 Likes

Good to know, I’ll have permanent support

2 Likes

so u like wyverns? i like marsupials and wyrms and maybe ampitheres and that good old indonesean dragon :))

5 Likes

Koala :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

_
0_________0
OK LOL

3 Likes

Hey Guys, player controls and spritemaking is complete, now you can test everything out here: Flowlab Game Creator - The Northern Firebreather

2 Likes

may we get some spikes on the tail or some scales ?

2 Likes

Horns on the head! Horns on the head!

2 Likes