The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

My serious non-meme idea

Subject: 058, Addicted Man
The Addicted Man is a strange individual and a sad creature. He figuratively lives on his computer and does nothing else. The foundation and the man himself are barely able to keep him alive. He won’t harm anyone unless they approach his “jar collection” with destructive intent. His impeccable sense of smell is what allows him to detect the intent with which people approach his “jars”. The Foundation has him around because he has an “evil spirit” within him that threatens to take over his body and punch everyone. This allegedly evil spirit is a muscular purple male figure, virtually the exact physical opposite of its host. The spirit is also capable of transforming the Addicted Man’s body into a flesh-colored version of the spirit’s body (basically the spirit’s best features imposed onto the addicted man). Finally, the Addicted Man is depressed because of the threat the strange supernatural entity inside of him poses, and came to the Foundation completely willingly with no hesitation.

3 Likes

Based but
Hulk Bruh Bruce Banner Bruh GIF - Hulk Bruh Bruce Banner Bruh She Hulk Bruh GIFs
(agree)

1 Like

Super Sentai has some seasons purely devoted to comedy, so maybe you could soon make a spinoff game with meme/joke entities that doesn’t have to be canon to the main series lore at all.

1 Like

I’m not the greatest at jokes or making the game seem like a joke spin-off. I’ll leave that to fans who want to make it.

I don’t mind if anyone makes a fan game, as long as the original concept or original entities that are featured are still credited to me or those who designed them. (A couple were by the community)

I wouldn’t enjoy making it, if it didn’t contribute to the original story, cause it would feel like a waste of time. The story is too large to spend time on a game or story that doesn’t relate in the same universe. The way the story works, it could actually be a different universe even if it was a joke, since infinite planes of time exists. Plus if the owner of a concept that could have infinitely many stories makes a game about memes taking over the world, some people could theorize it to be canon.

This is a complicated excuse, but in other words, I don’t think I will make one. This might be the only game I end up making for the series and the rest of the story will be purely in novels. Since game making takes a lot of time to only explain a single event of many that take place.

If anyone wants to make a game with joke entities, then I don’t mind. I forced myself to set high standards on making games so my OCD would kill me making a game like that, lol.

4 Likes

Okay, I see lol, thank you
my honest reaction:
:grin:

1 Like

I’m thinking of adding some new characters to the game that only make it all the more scary.

Plus I like the feel that you are overwhelmed, but have enough time to react and be notified before each encounter.

4 Likes

Here is a concept entity that might not be in the game, but it’s currently an enemy in our dnd campaign that I thought would make a decent idea.

Subject: Undocumented

Moonwalkers
This entity is a hive mind of an abnormal fungus that can grow in dark areas. Although it doesn’t naturally grow, it has to be spread from a source. It’s origin is unknown.

The fungus can attack itself to living beings and shut down their nervous system, granting control of the body as a vessel as it slowly deteriorates. Sometimes while the host is still alive.

It can also control artificial vessels such as skeletal frames of robots or even armor if it’s arranged correctly. The fungus can’t be destroyed with force and only immobilizes when the vessel is too damaged to be moved.
The fungus stays clear of well lighted areas and doesn’t venture in daylight. The Uv rays of pure sun or black lights is enough to slowly burn the sensitive shrooms and soon leave the vessel free of the parasite.

The fungus doesn’t appear to have a motive or what controls it exactly, but it seems to control hosts that are unfortunate enough to find a controlled vessel or by accident. The only behavior it has is spreading to any available vessel it can control and animate in, while giving the entity insane strength and agility, making infected really difficult to avoid once caught. It appears to know where it’s victims are at as long as a single mushroom is near your location.

So far the largest vessel it has controlled was a 3 meter tall Android that was scrapped from the Wystan trials. So far the fungus doesn’t have limits and if possible, it could control entities as large as Subject: 003 itself, theoretically.

5 Likes

I have another idea for a character called the night trader from the campaign as well, but since he’s exactly like the name suggests, I need to remake a new ability for him before it fits in as an entity.

4 Likes

image image image image image image image image image

2 Likes

I cant believe it! This game is still going!

2 Likes

Yeah @ManiacPumpkin intends to keep this game going, he still has a lot of mechanics he wants to add to it.

3 Likes

Yeah this game is far from dead, but it has been delayed many times because of issues outside of flowlab, but I intend to finish it someday.

2 Likes

wouldnt the game become laggy then?

2 Likes

Depends on the device.

1 Like

From what I’ve tested, the current map is a bit large and low end devices might struggle a little bit on performance, but it should be alright for the most part. On my crappy MacBook it runs decently enough.

The random generation on the other hand…
(Future feature)

1 Like

Yeah, I’m still unsure of the name currently. Working on it.

1 Like

Humorless.

A possible thought for the generation is to load it in sections, so starting from the center each generation will be delayed longer. This will cause performance to drop a little over however long you like, but it won’t just freeze the game like loading it all at once.

Another option is using the In View behavior, so when the object is within view (You can add a pixel buffer so it can still be off-screen) it will load that part in. This will load the game in much smaller chunks, but it will cause a bit of lag whenever you reach a new area

3 Likes

Currently the random generation is just a test feature. It would be cool to have random generated maps similar to SCP instead of having a single or few pregenerated maps.

I currently have a working system for the hallways, but I haven’t added rooms or items yet. It’ll probably take quite a long time before it does become randomly generated.

Also it’s only laggy when it first loads it all in, but after that, it runs pretty smoothly. I haven’t had much issues with it. I may end up making it generate as you play. When you get within proximity is when it loads the next segment so if the map ends up being very large, only segments within the proximity would be loaded in. But I have limits at the moment so the current generation doesn’t go out too far.

2 Likes

hmmm sounds exactly like my concept entity "the meat maggots’’ but with fungi…