The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

I have been super busy over the weekend with field trips, bowling, and church so I haven’t been able to post anything, but I should get to something sometime today.

Also I was thinking of having some sort of slogan for the Scepter Foundation since SCP has Secure. Contain. Protect. but the Scepter Foundation doesn’t have anything yet.

So that will be something I’ll be working on. I currently have “To protect against them.” but that might end up changing.

Also I finally have Subject: 008. On my old minecraft world I created a Scepter Foundation role play map or something (I was really bored) and I created this entity which was original called as Subject: 002, but I kind forgot about this object until now. So it’s Subject: 008, The Heart of a Star.

1 Like

I just want to go ahead and say this. If you are confused on what entities are what, just refer back to the forums and not data mine The Facility since all of the object names and art is incorrect for the numbers and since the game is out dated and soon to be replaced, I haven’t bothered changing anything.

Name: The Century Glass
Entity Number: Subject: 006
Object Class: Safe
Clearance Level: Level 3
File by: [Redacted]

Origin:
Subject: 006 was found buried in an old chest that dated back to 1487. The chest was just a container to hold gold and silver coins from Europe. The chest was found by a construction worker during the construction of a new office building near [Redacted], England, and archeologists secured the load and took it to a nearby museum in 2013. During the transportation, the contents of the chest also contained an object similar to that of an hourglass. The archeologist noticed it had a strange effect, but proceeded to take it to the museum where a janitor accidentally interacted with the item by bumping it off its display. The Scepter Foundation soon contained and secured the item from the Museum.

After examination from both Scepter Foundation employees and the museum itself, the chest doesn’t seem to have an origin and no pirates or ship holders of that time ever had a record of dropping or hiding the chest away.

Behavior:
Subject: 006 is that of an hourglass, but the particles inside seem to be some sort of silt that is hard to determine without the breaking of the glass shell. The particles seem to move very slowly and have been estimated to take around 100 years or a century to fully make a cycle. The base seems to be made of some sort of ancient wood that is currently unknown and has a gold trim that holds the glass onto the wood base on the top and bottom.

When picked up or handled, Subject: 006 will start to shake slightly and the person holding the century glass will pass out or go unconscious. When awoke within the next 24 hours, the victim claims to have had a vision of randomness. The pattern for what the vision appeared to be depends on what the user wants before interacting with Subject: 006.

Testing:
When testing Subject: 006, the user will have visions depending on their desire. Some claimed to have walked alongside passed loved ones and said that it felt real. Others who claimed answers of events revealed a vision in which they weren’t present, but showed someone else’s memories of the event. During Subject: 006 Test-17 an employee interacted with Subject: 006 and woke up the next morning with a sight of Subject: 003’s possible origin. Information regarding this is within Document: 006-C.

Containment:
Since Subject: 006 doesn’t appear to have any harmful effects and the Foundation benefits from any person using Subject: 006, it’s kept in a simple lockbox and put into a level 1 storage room with other safe class objects.

3 Likes

And yes, I do plan on writing multiple documents over interactions and tests that actually benefit the lore. Which is gonna be so much to write, but I will eventually get around to it.

Also if anything doesn’t make sense or you find a detail that doesn’t quite add up then please ask or point it out. I have like 10 different documents and I don’t quite explain stuff on paper that I usually think of in my head so if anything seems confusing please let me know. It actually helps me a lot to organize and explain stuff better.

3 Likes

Also sorry I haven’t been posting lately. I just had to take SATs today in school and haven’t had any free time to actually post any new documents or stories. I should be able to do something tomorrow or maybe friday, but it depends.

4 Likes

Bro same! Slightly off-topic, but how do you think you did?

3 Likes

Not to shabby. The reading portion sucked and I think I missed a few math ones since I had no idea how to do them, but overall I think I did pretty well. A lot better than my PSAT, lol.

How about you?

3 Likes

About the same, actually. I almost ran out of time on the reading portion and then I did run out of time on the math with no calculator and had to put random guesses on the last 3 (I did the non-multiple choice ones first though so that I could at least have a 25% chance if I ran out of time). I actually finished the math with a calculator though, which I’m usually not able to do (at least, not in the Khan academy practice tests). Overall, I think (hope) I did pretty decently. Definitely better than the PSAT, lol

3 Likes

The construction of Subject: 003 has begun.

I was super bored in CAD class so I decided to start working on a 3D model of The Titanius. I’m currently stuck on what design I should use for the mouth, but so far it’s coming together.

Sorry for the poor image. I had to take the image with my phone, but it was on a pc so its not the greatest.

4 Likes

Lore

3 Likes

but wheres entity 011?

3 Likes

I haven’t started working out any Entities past 009 yet, but I’ll eventually get to work on them.

5 Likes

I started working on some concept art for Subject: 003 and I had a few different designs, but I’m not entirely sure what to go for.

Which one (in your opinion) would generally look better. The second one (on the left) is unfinished, especially the top part, but it doesn’t have a visible mouth on the entity. It has a more sleek look that I was wanting, but the lower jaw and chin is kind of bulky. The first one, right one, will have a visible mouth, but the face itself seems kinda bulky and slanted.

• Left Concept
  • Right Concept

0 voters

Edit: Both concepts for both unfinished, so if they look a little wonky or something, its most likely because the back of the cranium is hollowed or some areas aren’t smoothed out yet.

4 Likes

@Fan-art Friday on a Monday!

5 Likes

Sorry for the inactivity. I’ve been mostly focused on school and just day to day things.

Anyway I’ve had this idea for a while and now I think it’s about time I start working on it.

I’m gonna keep my other games such as Flee and The Heuchler, but when a friend of mine added me as a student on their account, I was able to add a ton of objects to The Facility. Which would definitely help make a pretty large game without actually needing indie. Since I don’t think I’ll be getting it anytime soon.

Anyway I thought of copying The Heuchler graphics and code onto The Facility, but you play as a scientist in Site: 012 during a breach caused by Subject: 000. You can also uncover a ton of lore and I even plan on adding the documents to it.
Basically The Facility is just getting and art upgrade and the game is getting finished. Which the map itself might be too large for a single flowlab level to load, just like The Heuchler, which is already super laggy.

And yes there will be more than one entity you can can encounter and maybe other dimensions.

What do you think?

3 Likes

Also I noticed that some of you guys don’t see this, so idk if it shows up for you when I post on here or what goes on, but I’ll host a poll here to see if you want to be pinged for further notifications.

• Yes Ping me
  • No Thanks

0 voters

3 Likes

Slaso,for danylo plz use the old sprite as a base then add to it.
It will keep the OGs happy! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sadly, I’m not gonna be using the old art style, but use something similar to The Heuchler. I might end up redoing the character art completely.
Plus I made the original art years ago so it definitely needs updated.

4 Likes

If you want, I could just download the art or take screenshots (maybe make a YouTube video of the current demo) and then just compare it with the final project, but I will guarantee that it won’t be apart of the finished game.

4 Likes

Idea: Add in the old art characters as a hidden gallery for the new game, like if I had to unlock or find something it would bring me to a gallery of all its past art

3 Likes