The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

That would be a pretty cool idea. I’ll consider adding it only if I have enough objects when the game is finished though. If not, I could maybe add them as the credit art or something, but I’m not sure yet.

3 Likes

The Scepter Foundation Site: 005 Archive™

I had a lot of free time in Mechanical Drafting class since I already had all of my assignments for the year turned in. So I started working on The Facility.

The old demo will be available until Tomorrow, March 11. There isn’t a set time yet, but most likely be later in the eventing so today will be the last time to fully play the game if you haven’t already. I mean there really isn’t much to do anyway, just walk around and find a single key card.

Today’s progress was completely removing the original game level. I didn’t delete the level since I don’t have indie anymore so it would permanently lose a level, so I had to manually delete everything. But the original game map has been removed.
On a new level called Update, I started pulling a ton of unused objects and useless sprites and started organizing them. I have 11 objects as the walls and started layouting what the art will most likely look like. The only bad thing about this design is that it takes a ton of extra objects that I most likely will need later on and if I used the same design from The Huechler it will be super laggy since every wall object will have raycasting. I might apply this to some wall segments I won’t use a whole lot such as intersection pieces or something, this will help save at least four objects, hopefully.

That was basically it, since I had remove an entire map without deleting the level and then just organizing some new objects.
I can’t necessarily say it was much of an update, but it was a start of one.

The reason the old game will only last until tomorrow is that I will soon start taking all of the old sprites and turning them into new objects since a lot of objects are basically duplicates of each other, but I somehow gave each one some sort of use in the demo so I haven’t been able to delete it now. Once I get a video recorded sometime today or tomorrow, then I’ll officially close the game down for further updating.

Pings

@Ramshackle @chrisdakiller @Qwen @John_Shrekinson @CodeAlpaca @DeadlyGumChewer @DWGAMEMASTER

4 Likes

2 Likes

Can you send me the links to the games, been awhile since I played them

4 Likes

Yeah I’ll get right on it.

2 Likes

oh wow that was a lightning-fast reply

3 Likes

And I might as well add Algiophobia since I do plan on adding the creature in it as a subject sometime.

I’ll also go ahead and post these links on the first post so that way its an easy reference back to them if you need them again.

3 Likes

I’m still terrified from the Algiophobia enemy because it scared me for whatever reason

3 Likes

I said to use it as a base and UPGRADE it!

Just killed meself to see jeremie’s jumpscare!

LORE DROP
With the new update,there are just as many new secrets!

Mysterie Object Found!

Crossover with IND:PW?

New Title screen?
!

Finaly here!
?

Black Resin?

That is the basic outline of what the walls are gonna look like. I’m gonna use the same sprites as The Heuchler for the walls, but I haven’t uploaded them yet.

It’s just a layout.

1 Like

Do you aprove of this FANART?

• Yes.
  • THaaAAttTTTSss GOD MooOOooDdddee!
  • no.
  • that SUCKS!
  • Cheese.

0 voters

Also whose black resin? Is this a character you created?

1 Like

It might be a entity you only see for a split-second?

1 Like

I like the idea, but I most likely won’t be adding any crossovers with other people’s games unless it’s a small Easter egg of someone’s game on flowlab that they give consent first, but even then I probably won’t do that since the game is going to be a larger project, I’m gonna need as many objects as I can use.

3 Likes

Maybe base a carather on him then?

Then maybe you can ask @DeadlyGumChewer if you can make a IND:PTW easteregg!

soooo,will u do that please?

Spaming pings:
@CodeAlpaca @chrisdakiller @ManiacPumpkin @John_Shrekinson @DeadlyGumChewer @Thisishowtoflowlabs11111 @MrMcMemerMan @meburningslime @JR01

umm, why are you doing that?

4 Likes

i don’t know

2 Likes