The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

unless if the enteties are the guards!!

I could make a Dnd where you play as the entities and try to escape the endless foundation and find fellow entities to help and then attack the guards and stuff:

The only bad thing is that some entities are seriously over powered.
Like Subject: 000 is the most powerful entity and contributes to a lot of the lore of the story. Subject: 010 gave an abnormal ability to a field agent, which became the second most powerful entity, once he realizes his true potential.

And Subject: 009 can’t even be harmed by bullets, but doesn’t stand anywhere near those others.
So a dnd would be interesting, but it would have to be a lot of low level entities. Maybe you start out as creations of Subject: 010 and you develop powers over time or something. But that’s about it.
I would need to think about it a lot.

Anyway it’s not exactly an important issue since I need to probably work on the game firsthand instead of worrying about other things for it.

2 Likes

Alright everyone, this is big!

I got paid for working at my job and I have a way to buy indie.
So the game is now gonna be pretty big. I can add literally all kinds of stuff to make it so much better.
Like a ton more entities, documents, items, etc.
I can even make different dimensions if I wanted to.

I don’t want to be too overwelmed with this opportunity, but I’ll definitly have a pretty decent demo coming less than a month. Matter of fact it’s less than 20 days now. Which is the preferred release date, it might end up changing.

Pings

@Ramshackle @chrisdakiller @Qwen @John_Shrekinson @CodeAlpaca @DeadlyGumChewer @DWGAMEMASTER @Pixel_Name1

4 Likes

First minor update of this new era. Full Screen.

3 Likes

5 Likes

hyped up (20 songs) | free and music playlist - 8tracks radio

2 Likes

EVERYONE START POSTING IDEAS @ManiacPumpkin HAS INDIE!!!
ENDLESS possibilities!!!
LLLLLEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZ GGGOOO!!!

1 Like

old sprite mode!??!?!???!!!

Yeah, you can basically submit any entity ideas and I’ll actually be able to add them now that I have a lot more objects.
They have to be somewhat unique and has to have some sort of mechanic that can be beneficial to the game. Like you can’t just throw together a half thought out character that just seems kind of unoriginal.

2 Likes

I was thinking of like some sort of pocket dimension or something that you can be brought to from an entity. I kind of want to be done with the old game sprite since it’s pretty poor compared to the new art.

I will eventually add a video on the channel of gameplay from the original game before it was deleted, and I might include some of it in a trailer, but now I plan on moving past that.

@ManiacPumpkin , it sais that the page dose not exist when i try playing 012

Yeah, i put it on unlisted and I locked it. Since I have indie I can do that now.

I don’t want anyone snooping around the game while it’s getting massive updates from here on out so its a surprise to everyone in the future.

1 Like

Idea for entity: Meat magots
first a meat magot finds a host the then controll the host by burrowing into the host’s brain
it then lays eggs inside the host and dies, the eggs wait in the corpse the the next host to come along and the cycle repeats.

sometimes when you walk past a corpse they will jump out at you,
or you can see them in a host where they act basicly like zombies
@ManiacPumpkin

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea, but trying to implement some sort of insects in a 16 bit game is gonna be a bit tricky.
I’m not sure if I can actually find a use for it in the game, but I’ll consider maybe adding it as an official entity.

2 Likes

(you can shoot the zombies and kill them)

I have an idea for some sort of mutation entity that acts like a plant, but can infect others. It will grow vines on the halls and it will send fodder enemies after you that can be killed with a gun.

Although seeing your suggestion that it can take over corpses, that actually could work. Like mini jump scares.

1 Like

I didn’t see this in time when i posted that, lol.

1 Like

the MM’s are actualy from 014 guard…
heres their sprite

1 Like

img_asset_13851022

Here’s probably what the infected guard will look like. There will also be hallways covered in vines, which is safe to pass through, but enemy spawn rates increase.

This new entity is called Nature. It’s an interesting vine like plant that can be strong enough to tear down buildings and was first found in a small village that was completely destroyed by this organism and soon it seemed almost like human life had never existed. It’s theorized on a concept that nature will soon take over everything.

This is just a concept idea, not sure on all of the details just yet.

3 Likes

You could consult Ramshackle about this; they have made a game featuring insect-like creatures in a top-down game before.

1 Like