The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

titanus is a large robotic life form with a unknown power sorce (similar to the iron giant) who the scepter foundation has been trying to hunt down until the citadel killed him

1 Like

He’s correct, but won’t happen until later on.

Here’s a short summary:

Summary

The Scepter Foundation was created back in the 1900s by Dr. [Redacted] who wished to be expunged on all records and Herrick Lawrence. They got enough evidence for US governmental funding to create Site: 001 which at the time was a minor storage facility and used to locate and study Entities from afar.

Later on they found threats and creatures who are dangerous to the general public and the facilities started to grow as holding cells for these mysterious beings. Those folk tales you may hear might not be just tales after all.

Present day, they have installed many foundations across the world by other nations consent to protect the people.

The Order Core was established later on around 1980 to 1990 and it was founded by a group of unknown members who sought the more industrial use of such entities by using their power to benefit humanity. Like an entity who can freely use fire would be enslaved as a battery of some sort. Like having nuclear reactors that harness abnormal abilities from entities, at the risk of them escaping and destroying everything.

The Foundation has sent many field agents and SCU to either spy or prevent the Order Core from claiming these entities.

The Foundation later got ahold of Subject: 010 which allowed any organic or inanimate vessel to gain an abnormal ability. Johnathon Lawrence, Overseer of Site: 012 and grandson of Herrick Lawrence, sought against this alongside he rest of the overseers. But Earl Wystan, Overseer or Site: 006 wanted to use its ability and create an army of super soldiers to “fight fire with fire”.

The Order originally stated using entities for warfare before the Foundation ever considered it, and since Earl Wystan illegally used the machine to create a hidden army of abnormal soldiers, he was actually successful. Human volunteers who were apart of the Program were known as Subject: 10-B and robotic or artificial vessels were known as 10-A. When Johnathon Lawrence became aware of this, he issued a termination order on any personnel apart of this “treason” and attempted to lock Earl Wystan up, only for him to disappear.

The timeline splits into a Y as Justin Hawk (main character and Foremaker of Darkness) ended up traveling forward in time where the Order Core was claimed by several corrupt Foremakers and were ruling the cosmos. Even other planets and empires across the many galaxies.

Titanius was a Star Titan sent to Earth many years ago to kill humanity if seen fit. Refusing his order, Forgicaft, Foremaker of Technology at the time, sent Magnus, an even larger Star Titan to destroy Earth and Titanius.

As he came into orbit, Titanius vaporized him before he could even hit the surface.

In the future, TrenchMaker is the Foremaker of Mechanical War. Originally of war, but killed Forgicaft during the time jump.

He created massive engines of war and one being the Order Citadel. A 30 some kilometer tall fortress that has enough firepower to wipe out entire civilizations, and enough explosives to destroy planets.

In a last ditch attempt to save Earth, he was defeated by one of these things after heavily damaging it. Only for it to be mended in a months time and there’s around 23 of them made, with a 24th in production.

The Foundation was decimated around the year 2200 or something. But even though they forbid the Wystan Program, their last attempt was to revive the Program at all costs to save Earth.

This Dystopian future never happens as at one point in existence, it did. Dr. K. Ester was an inhabitant of Earth before it imploded by the absurd hallowing of its core for materials to fund the war machines. He created Subject: 010 and using his ability he was gifted, he sent it back in time. Erasing his existence and the inevitable future of Earth.

Justin Hawk never technically traveled forward in time, but kind of had an Ebenezer Scrooge effect where him and another character of the series witnessed more of an illusion or apparition of the future from a fragment of Subject: 000, who is the most powerful Subject to ever live.

This is just the story of Earth, not regarding the several hundred soldiers, characters, and entities backstories, but the plot of Earth’s future. This also doesn’t even cover any of the Foremakers or Eldern. Plus the many empires and wars before the Foundation ever formed.

ah ■■■■ those core people are doenright cruel, its a living thing, you cant just use it as a battery!

Well it was an example. But yeah, they aren’t necessary the kindest of people.

Here’s the thing. Subject: 000, was the Foremaker of Chaos who wants to kill all the Foremakers to become one, right?

Another Corrupt Foremaker takes control of the Order Core in the future, but there’s still many other Foremakers alive?

So who’s the real enemy?

This was a mistake I didn’t realize I accidentally made, but I thought of an insane twist on the plot. Even throughout the beginning of the series, every side of the war has their opinion and it makes them seem like good guys. Even Subject: 000’s decision had good morals behind it. So I guess it’s up for the reader to figure out who’s truly the evil one.

2 Likes

that is a lot of layers

1 Like

Thats deep.

1 Like

I’ve been working on a super long and continuous story for over a year now.

I remember when the series first started as an SCP ripoff where it was just a Containment facility that contained anomalous beings.

Once I thought of the idea of there being a Subject: 000 being a mysterious and powerful among the rest of the entities. Plus having Titanius, a 6 kilometer tall mech, from space, I had to have some other relation to other worlds.

Then the Foremakers were created. They started out like pioneers of civilizations, almost like idols among the empires, but they were much more than that.

I then created Eldern, who was once a singularity among the cosmos who came from a place that he had forgotten in time. He split his soul into thousands and this the Foremakers were Born. Foremakers were able to control and lead their own Empires. Some were dictators and others were loyal warriors. Each was a mere personality of Eldern and every thought, image, or memory from him creates various and different copies of himself.

The Foremakers were able to choose successors among their people. Such as Cabenus being the inherited from Cabenicus. And many others.

Then came the Premakers. Which were mutations in Elderns power and some Foremakers grow past their limitations from such generations. Justin Hawk ends up becoming the Premaker of Reality because he’s a human who reacted differently to the power than a pure Foremaker had did.

I’m still thinking of an important role that Earth or humanity plays in. Why Earth is kind of the target for Subject: 000 and the many entities on it.

Most of these creatures were from other empires who were scattered or forced to leave their homes from war and some ended up on Earth. Only for the Foundation to contain them.
Also some still live peacefully among humans and some towns even harbor peaceful entities from the SCU. I was writing a short story about a Hunter up North who came across an entity who was from the empire of the Foremaker of Water. She mostly had the appearance of a orca, but was still humanoid and could control the many forms of water including changing its density from vapor to ice. The hunter saw she was no threat and after teacher her English and working at the village, the entire town didn’t seem to mind.

This was the first instance when the Scepter Foundation realized that not all entities are bad. As an SCU team was searching the area after a tourists had witnessed the entity and the commander had issued a containment order on her. But after hearing out the villages plead, they released her on conditions of constant monitoring.

So the Foundation isn’t entirely evil in their ways, but are trying to protect humanity.

I don’t have a good reason why Subject: 000 is on Earth. Mostly because he was banished away by the rest of the Foremakers because he wants to kill them all. The rest see him as having a ■■■■ for power, but he wants to reunite Eldern to fight against serious threats that lay behind their reality. But there’s more too it than that.

I could have him on Earth looking for Justin Hawk as he wanted him to change sides. Which is why he purposely contained himself on Site: 012 while he “data mines” for information.

Most of the stuff I post on here are just concepts and most of it isn’t really canon except for what’s written in my current book and constantly evolving summary.

4 Likes

There is a Subject: 010 creation that neither Earl Wystan, nor the Foundation would ever approve.

049 was already a menace and hated the foundation for his creation, but he always spoke of someone else that wasn’t from the Foundation, or even human at all. He even attempted drawings, but considering he was not yet familiar with hand to eye coordination, most of his drawings or attempted letters were illegible to read or make out, but the letters were consistent and there were drawings of some strange being, which remained the same, but more detailed each time.

In the process of his “learning” he found easy ways to escape his storage cell and explore the facility. Often times exploring the internet in unaccompanied computers and data files about the other Subjects and the Wystan Program.

Johnathon Lawrence got a strange email from one of the personnel members of Site: 006, basically detailing the Wystan Program and several files regarding it. So Earl Wystan would have succeeded if 49 hadn’t leaked the information beforehand.

While in the fear of the rest of the foundation and council, Site: 006 when to the defensive while 49 remained free to wander about. Since Site: 006 did dangerous testing on volunteers and most didn’t walk out the machine alive, or even human so the facility did have a constructed morgue like most other facilities to handle killed SCU and Subjects.

He found a suitable victim and Subject: 010 is still able to empower inanimate objects, including corpses. After some tampering with the body and attaching many artificial components and wiring, he basically reanimated the corpse as is, but then proceeded to give it life.

Then created his first creation, Subject: 010-AB. The combinations of both flesh and metal. A living hybrid.
Wystan caught wind of the experiment and sent Soundboard and SunDial to terminate the roque creation. While SoundBoard Remained unharmed, SunDial was immediately killed, but it was unknown of what Subject: 010-AB’s ability, but it was considered a Sub-3 threat.

49 realizes that humans made for inadequate frames for war, and that’s when he pursued more machines of war. Which later explains his motives behind joining and owning the Order Core.

He escaped during the conflict of the termination order, but Johnathon Lawrence was unable to count for several missing 10-As. Being Planek, 49, SunDial (who’s body was eventually recovered) and several other 10-As who were controlled by 49.

I never gave much information on TrenchMaker, the Foremaker of Mechanical War as I really wasn’t sure what to make of him myself, but a tyrannical general of the Order Core later in the future. But with this new concept of reviving an old story I named 49.exe, it all starts to tie in now.

4 Likes

The Nuke.

This 10-A is a standard model, but has the ability of a 10 kilometer radius nuclear explosion. Although nothing on his body seems explosive, but the vessel itself always leaks radiation so he is stored most of his lifetime in a lead cell.

He earned the name of Nuke when the Foundation realized his ability was similar to a nuclear warhead, but he was never detonated or tested.

Later on, he was dropped on an Order Ship out on the northern Atlantic, hoping to use his ability to threaten the soldiers aboard to surrendering, but after some conflict, the ship, Nuke, and several SCU squads were vaporized off the Earth. Nuke’s ability was wasted and it was kind of disappointing to find out it only worked once. But the Order Fleet of three cargo ships were destroyed. Only a single half a ship was recovered.

4 Likes

wait, so a NUCLEAR BOMB is a entity? oh the memes…

1 Like

It was actually a reference to Marvel’s X-Men where there was a mutant who had the ability to self destruct, but it killed him. The idea of overpowered entities makes the story kind of boring. Since Subject: 010 gives a random ability, what’s saying that it’s a good ability? So I’ve been wanting to focus on terrible abilities or abnormal affects on the 10-As and 10-Bs.

5 Likes

how, hey this is off topic but me and justplain have been trying to make a full on fps, we have the tech, but nobody has realy made a realy game from it

1 Like

Excuse me? I am Ember. Just Plain Means Just Plain…

1 Like

I’ve attempted one before, but they’re pretty difficult if you don’t know what you’re doing. It is possible on flowlab, but using a 3D engine would be way more efficient and save a ton of time. Not saying you shouldn’t at least try, but even I don’t really understand how it even works.

1 Like

Nor do I. It is very hard to make a 3D game. I would probably use Unreal Engine. Actually, DW, do you want to develop a game on UE?

1 Like

its been made easier as @Yoann evolves the fps scene, his latest is quite simple realy

2 Likes

i have been trying to get a account set up, but its way to hard, and i want that classic doom astetic

1 Like

Let us move this to the OTC.

2 Likes

I took a nap, like one does. And anyway, I had a pretty strange dream of a dystopian world, probably considering I watched a ton of movie recaps the night prior about similar situations, but anyway, here is a fleshed out concept I ended up retrieving from a single dream. Took me way longer to write this than to experience it, lol.

Novel

Earth has finally fallen due to the extreme over mining of its very resources and core. All of the poverty human race and many other beings were left to die on its final days, including Dr. K. Ester, also known as Kain Ester in this story. The main character, Daly Noud wasn’r particularly wealthy as the wealth system didn’t matter in terms of survival, but their usefulness to the new empire of the Order. He was an architect and technical engineer who designed major components for the Order Citadel without ever knowing what it was for, and was granted aboard the OCS Foundry as it has its last transportation of humans and other races off of Earth. As he was transported, they found themselves passing through a large ring that was surrounding a planet. There were so many megastructures on the very planet, that the metallic surface was all he could think about. The world was labeled as Eden, the utopia of the valuable assets for the order, but Daly knew it was just a large farm for the minds of the people.

Upon arriving at the gate of the ring, they were all greeted and welcomed by armed Order guards in black mech-like armor and a metallic humanoid in a trench coat. As the android reached out his rand as to salute “the souls of the journey” Daly notices an etched serial across his breastplate, 10-A-049. Unknown of what it was, the numbers meant nothing to him. But he also saw the Scepter Foundation logo crosses out and attempted to form the Order’s eye-like symbol.

After evaluation and a few stowaways getting massacred, the ship proceeds to Eden where it then docks. The guards reveal each of the passengers living quarters on the new world alongside their working environments. Most were enslaved in large factories to produce large components for unknown machines, while Daly and a few others had more simpler, but deadlier tasks as actually designing the future. He heard about a war going on way out in the cosmos and there were still Order Soldiers on Earth fighting against a rebellion who have been managing to steal rides on transport vessels to remove the soldiers from Earth.

The name, Kain Ester, sounded familiar, he was an old professor as the very university he went to. But the very thought of him leading the rebellion was shocking, he though he had been removed from Earth years before.

Back in Eden, there was no monetary policy or any sort of trade at all, everyone was distributed rations for their work, most of the expendable workers like the factory “slaves” were hardly given much to survive on, but Daly was awarded a much higher reward for he was invaluable and not many others could replace his work. He basically could get whatever he wanted in terms of “artifacts” or just antiques from Earth which possessed a high value among most of the people who are homesick, food, and other wants he had. But he usually spent most of his rations helping other workers whom he got acquainted with, as they were building his very creations. So he then started making his projects more easier to replicate in production, which was easier on the workers, but the Order also likes it just as much.

He had access to the news unlike many others and he had witnessed giant war machines ravaging distant worlds in the name of uniting all into one, but it wasn’t even a war, just a massacre. The Order had already won, but they kept going.

The idea of Foremakers emerged when TrenchMaker, the android in a trench coat was revealed on the news explains the situation of the war, explaining how they were losing and needed to increase production. The android had the ability to forge large machines with the ability of the Foremaker of Mechanical War, but he still needed the raw materials and since he was just a sentient ai, he couldn’t comprehend creation himself and needed the human mind for his products. He was against the idea of the human vessel, but their minds are valuable, which is what made Daly valuable to the Order.

Another General by the name of Topus Omau who appeared to be a feminine humanoid but with the traits of that of a shark, with dark gray like skin and sharp teeth, but she also had a fin protruding from the back of her uniform alongside a tail. (She originated from the empire ruled by Aquais, Foremaker of Water.)

She was the administrator of Eden while TrenchMaker commanded the distant armies.

Also alongside the news, Daly saw the rebellion on Earth and the remaining soldiers were attempted to stop Kain from building something, but they couldn’t find his whereabouts. Something TrenchMaker feared, but Topus didn’t think anything of it. The next day, Daly was almost robbed by a street thug who was on the brink of starvation. Daly attempted to give him some ration tickets disregarding the fact he was about to be robbed, before a security droid walked over. He claimed everything will be in justice and he open fires a heavy caliber firearm on the robber who’s body was obliterated, but Daly looked away in fear.

He returned to his work, making each piece more efficient than the last, but he was still unsure of what he was making.

He returned home to find the news hadn’t changed much, but most of it was lead by Topus who explained that rations were starting to go scarce, but Daly knew that most of it was just lies and propaganda to get the workers to labor even harder. Alongside losing the war, they already won.

Before long, an execution was initiated of a past Chaos General who was accused of several murderous crimes in the beginning of the wars, although it was obvious that most where just false accusations. The hunters name was Triptig who had a canine like appearance, but was very alien. Something Daly hadn’t seen before. As his last words, he explained something that the Foremaker of Law only wanted to end the very plague that endangered the world, now it’s all too late. He wishes the remaining races to enjoy their moments before the end, then his head was cleaved from his shoulders by Topus.

Daly then was reminded of the rebellion on Earth and he quickly just turned the television off.

After a couple weeks of continuous work, there was a celebration that something was completed. No work was needed to be done that day and everyone was awarded an extra ration ticket for the success. Daly didn’t get the notice and headed to his office anyway. He saw there was no one there and he opened up his computer and started looking at the files he had made, hundreds of various parts, mechanical limb segments, and parts of what looked like a massive tower. Most were just scattered at random and he couldn’t even put together the finished idea. As he headed out, he noticed an unauthorized door was open. Walking over to close it, there was no one Inside, so he took a step in. It revealed a hallway, connecting to several rooms, there was talking in the distance, but he took the time to look around. He ducked into one of the rooms and noticed a blueprint laying on a large glass table. He glanced over and about tripped over a stray cord from a holographic projector. It was a towering machine known as the Citadel. He saw that a few had been made in the past, but they were too faulty and needed more maintenance to run than for it to even function as a walking city. He one he was been designing, alongside many other designers was a new updated concept, which way more weapons and armor. The very limbs he made were much larger than he had anticipated. He quickly left the room and headed home.

Some time later, he turned on the news, explaining that work had to be continued, but nothing changed. The rebellion on Earth still persisted, but something was strange. Kain had some sort of ability that made him a difficult target, alongside other humans who had other strange abilities. One human was able to bend metal around him as if it was just putty and another was combusting then oxygen in the air with his bare hands. At first, it seemed strange, but Daly thought it off as if it was just other races on Earth, but when he realized that the very project TrenchMaker feared was a machine of some sort, that granted abnormal abilities to any user. Using this to their advantage, the humans had been fighting the remaining Order Soldiers and had been pursuing a long lost Scepter Foundation facility that was hidden away, titled Site: 019, which was later founded to be underwater somewhere. It had an artifact powerful enough to move everyone off of Earth.

Days and weeks go by as everyone is hard at work. Daly pretended to not notice the blueprint before and had the idea of tampering with his own designs, adding weak spots in vulnerable parts of the pieces that when too much stress is applied, the entire citadel with come crashing down. He hesitates on the idea, but knew he would be caught and killed for treason.

About a few months later, the Order Citadel-5 was constructed on Eden. The massive sky tearing mech was standing on four massive quadruped limbs while guns were being installed alongside explosives. The OCS Burg soon arrives to transport the massive vessel, but it was unsure of where.

Weeks later, after using the rift, the OCS Burg had reached Earth and the Citadel had surfaced. Daly was terrified that the very thing he helped make was being used to destroy Earth. As it slowly woke up, he started walking about the surface, many of the joints barely functioning as other designers had thought the same, but they were still too reinforced.

After days of it walking about the surface of Earth, a large mechanical being known as the Titanius had emerged from what was the Pacific Ocean. Even though his size was approximately 6 kilometers tall, he stood no contest to the 17 kilometers of pure war. After heavily damaging the North limb, the Citadel had fired a laser straight through Titanius chest, dissolving the very star that powered him. While the Citadel remained motionless for another month for repairs, everything had started to feel strange, as if there was no longer a tomorrow. Everyone continues working, but the population started dropping quickly just as many other races were transported to Eden as well.

Kain Ester surrendered himself to the authorities on Earth before the Citadel could awaken again. Most of his members were killed off and the remaining were killed right before him. He acknowledges that they won’t be in vain and that it was already over. He explains the war will now end, but long before the Order ever started. His product was no longer in this world and that the Foundation has won. TrenchMaker approached his bounded body, he fell panicked before cleaving his head off like Topus had done to the Chaos General.

The entire Order fell silent and even the news stopped projecting information. Time almost stood still.

Topus assures everyone on Eden is just fine and everyone continues their labor of production war machines.

Soon, a shooting star flies over the atmosphere of Eden as everyone looks up in wonder. He flew away just as fast as it had appeared.

The news has played that night for the first time in a couple weeks as a huge energy source had landed on Earth. TrenchMaker was still on Earth while Topus explains it off as the very meteor that passes overhead had hit the surface of Earth, but when the scene changed to TrenchMaker on Earth, he was a bit more terrified than Topus.

The setting of the story changes to a crew member aboard a shipping vessel heading towards a mining planets. The captain was Orion, who gave up his war fighting ways and remained hidden. He saw the very shooting star pass through and destroy an Order ship after he had docked and verified the cargo, but it wasn’t a shooting star, but two figures flying through space.

The Premaker of Reality and the Foremaker of Strength.

“He has returned”

And this entire novel sets up the third book I plan on writing eventually. This isn’t Magnus Falling, but this is the introduction of the world of the future.

This won’t be the official second book, which is gonna be Magnus falling. Which sets up the third book from Hawks perspective, this story concept sets up the third book from Daly’s perspective which is already in the future that technically never happens.

Also sorry if there’s poor grammar, I wrote all of that using my phone, because that’s what boredom does to someone.

6 Likes

dam, my dreams with a good plot was about how a ghost helped a lost kid find there way home and showed them the meaning of freindship in the process
(once i had one where i was locked in a walmart with a monster)

1 Like