The Ultimate Platformer Enemy

@“JR 01” Thank you for the feedback. I did have it ablw to block and I can make the jetpack faster. It will do ranged attack as it’s main. He does block, although maybe hard to tell, in which even come with their own animation.

I will make him not distance himself as much though he with a bit, qnd try to shoot you. There will be some barrier which will mark a limit for the aI. This is my ranged AI. I shall also make what I call, a Melee AI to focous on melee attacks most likely tommorow. This will contibually run at you while attacking and when you do touch him it causes instant damage like in terraria. There shall also be limits for him.

@Superstargames Thaks for tge feedback it will be a very big projects. 7 Cities, 7 Targets, and 7 Choices. Will you expose the corrupt dictators in path of the mercyful or Kill them all in path of the hunter? You decide! Here is a promotional image:
Screenshot 2020-04-05 at 22.38.38

@“JR 01” Started work on a melee enemy who worked similar to the zombies in terraria. Take a look! See what needs improving, p.s I tried to make ranged ai better so take a look at that as well. Also done an intro and a non functinal title screen menu and extras! Maybe @seamothmaster45 and @Superstargames could check this out as well.

Well it doesn’t fly away forever, but it does see the UI objects with the raycast and making it jump again… which I dont think thats suppose to happen, I’ll ask Grazer on that.

The cutscene works as intended, but you forgot to message UI speech Icon and Text display when the cut scene starts.

2020.04.22-18.05

@“JR 01” Thank you for helping with the visibility with the cut scene. Just… One more thing (Aside from the enemy)… There are 3 Character’s in the scene: The Synthwave Rider, Dan, and Sophie. Their names are at the top when speaking, but for some reason, their “Speech Icon” (The picture of them next to the text) is not matching up. Could you quickly investigate and see where I went wrong. I’m sure it’s a minor mistake, and maybe @Superstargames could have a look at this if you cannot.

@“JR 01” I know you are busy so just re tagging you to re notify. Josh, I wish there was eight of you…

Yeah, that was necessary.
I tend to forget and pass on discussion I haven’t helped yet as I try to help everyone else,
I’ll take a look at it rn.

Ok so you need to start the textbox, I advise making the mouse click anywhere to output and having a switch so the mouse doesn’t start the textboxes. (the bundle output is just from the mailbox for starting the cutscene).

2020.04.25-21.47

Sophie and Dan seemed to be backwards, but it plays normally as it is functioning and just need to change the animation in the speech icon. Now what I don’t understand is the “In Game Cutscene” object is for because its not in the level and the cutscene trigger is already doing the work.

@“JR 01” Thank you for having a look at the problem. The code is obviously not finished, so allow me to clear some things up:

1. Sophie and Dan are “enemies” so they are mean to be backwards in a sense.

2. The object InGame Cutscene 1 is to signify what Cutscene it is. I mean, the speech Icon and The Text display are part of the Ui in all levels with cutscenes, which there are a lot of.

This is hard to explain, but basically, It is to signal WHICH cutscene it is. Is it the first? Or the second? Nah, mayne thr eveventh, see what mean? But not all the coding has been done.

Thank you for the helping hand, i’ll get on that when I next can, and maybe after you have sorted through all you have missed you can come back here to help with the “ever jumping enemy” problem…

@“JR 01” Can you have a look at my “Enemy 1” code and screenshot some fixes and improvments?

And also Quickly check out the code for Sophie? I’m not done but in short she is a mini boss who is defeated when her health is bellow 10/50.

I’m happy with enemy 2 for now so just working on enemy 3 and maybe 4 too. I do REALLY still need help with a fix for my cutscene but I will let you do thid first. Thank you!

If you mean the rocket man that the “Enemy” object is doing, It IS a bug I showed @grazer because game world objects are not suppose to see UI objects with collision and raycasts.

You seem to be on the right track for Sophie, I only suggest a switch for the bar to stop counting to it:
2020.04.28-22.10

@“JR 01” Thank you for the imput, hopefully @grazer can find a fix to my bug, and yeah, Sophie seems good so far, now just my Cutscene problem. WHY DOES THIS NOT WORK?! Idk, but That is not my priority for now, so I’ll save that for you later @“JR 01” . Thank You!

Okay @“JR 01” I have made a lot more progress with my enemies, but have run into some problems. I have completed the Enemy 2, and the enemy labeled “Enemy” or “Enemy 1” is being a bit problematic. So it shoots left, right, and diagonally for both sides. He raycasts in the directions he shoots in, and then he fires in that direction. But, when he shoots diagonally, I wanted a sprite to show that, and then when applied I had no way of stopping it when he shot any other way (because priority was higher). So I tried to use Logic AND gates to say when miss Raycasting left or right stop fire animation, and when miss diagonal Raycasting stop diagonal sprites. But hower not only did this not work, but now it seems broken as if everytime, for example, I am on his left, he shoots right which is trying to shhot left so just appears next to his body and then vanishes. I think the diagonal shooting still works but the sprite problem still romaines. To fix this, I actually ended up deleting the Logic AND gates, but seeing that had no effect I need to get them back. Can anyone help me? (p.s I am doing this on my test level so where my character starts place enemy 1 next to him and watch out for checkpoints.)

@Superstargames @Meburningslime @TinkerSmith

Your emit angles are backwards in Enemy.
The first needs to be 180 and the second emit needs to be 0.

@“JR 01” Thank you for the reveal, don’t know how I swapped them, but thanks anyway. Do you also have a fix for the animation problem? When he shoots left or right, it should switch to “fire” animation. And when he shoots diagonally, it switches to “Fire diagonally” animation, but alas, it does not. If you read above, I go into more Infomation.

The animation works as intended for me, just switch the emit angles.
https://www.loom.com/share/541f0a8c9f7c4001bb278a6c6ed1eb28

Sorry for late reply @“JR 01” , very interesting. Works fine for you. For me, it doesbnot work at all. Maybe a visual glitch. Anyway to MAKE it do it right?

I can’t Make it work if it’s already working for me…
You can try a few work arounds and tests to see if they work. Like making a list.

• Make sure the animations work
  • Test each animation on their own (disconnect the other)
  • Make solutions that works with both animations
  • Try making theory’s or ideas you can also try

You can try this, but if this doesn’t work then idk because it works when I try the game like in the video link that I sent above. Maybe try using the Stop inputs on the animations:
2020.06.21-23.12_01