This issue has been plaguing me since the Summer Flowjam 2021... May someone please help?

If its just to act like a switch so the player can activate, then there a few changes you should make for your teleporter. What you had before would need the player to be on the portal at the same time as activating the switch.

1 Like

@John_Shrekinson when you said I don’t understand i know how you feel people are helping you but without the thought that you have a problem and don’t know how to fix it sometimes you might need a in depth explanation or step by step on how to fix your current problem.

Also not saying everyone isn’t helping but it seems like you still don’t quite understand.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t

1 Like

ok so what they are saying from whative gatherd is
1.you might have to make you code more complex
2.you need a exact destination on the screen that your player will move to
3. to find this if your destination after you teleported (what ever that object is) go in the behaviors and get the always behavior and then get to extractors and make 1 x and the other y

feel free to ask for more help

1 Like

No. What I’m trying to do is make the player activate a switch that allows the player to go to the next level when touching the portal object. If the player doesn’t touch the switch before touching the portal, they can’t go to the next level.

That sounds pretty straightforward - can’t you use @JR01’s example for that?

2 Likes

Which example?

1 Like

This one that I posted earlier.

This should work, I tested it in your game.

Edit: I said switch, but this goes in the teleporter object for the switch to work.

2 Likes

In the end, it all comes down to switches. Thanks to everyone who helped and JR_01!

1 Like