Transformers: Flowlab Laser devlog

I can just imagine him sitting on the Lincoln memorial, but I think this is a different movie.

4 Likes

What the heck is even going on in Transformers?

3 Likes

Me too. Maybe I should draw that. The Megatron still shot from DOTM on the main menu is just gonna be a placeholder now lol.

:smirk: one of the CubeTales forum topics has clues

2 Likes

Yeah bro Michael Bayā€™s old films were crazy :skull:

2 Likes

ITā€™S UNOFFICIAL
ITā€™S UNOFFICIAL

2 Likes

I meant I referenced the scene on one of the forum topics of CubeTales. One of the official ones. Donā€™t say it though, I want ManiacPumpkin and the forums to figure it out on their own.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s Megatron from the movies, and it has to be at least from the first movie or RotF. It couldnā€™t be dark on the moon since he was a truck and had a cloak on, plus his head was broken along with other famous features. He became galvatron in AoE, and he had an updated design in TLK.

I donā€™t remember his left arm being that small. I know his right was a cannon making it appear bigger, but Iā€™m assuming this will be the fight scene towards the end of RotF where he becomes damaged and is forced to take on a truck mode. I havenā€™t watched the movies in a while, but thatā€™s what Iā€™m assuming.

1 Like

I was looking through the various cubetales dev logs and I saw something about a desert scene. That could be the reference to the final battle near the pyramids where devastator, the hundreds of random clones, the autobots, fallen, and Megatron all fight at.

You also posted a gif of the scene where Optimus dies, which is also from the RotF movie.
He could also have been from that forest scene where it was a 3v1 against Optimus, but I donā€™t remember Megatron getting that damaged during that fight alone. The end battle was more iconic in my opinion.

Another thing I saw is that you said the word overhaul and it reminded me of the two constructicons overload and long haul which are both of the same movie. But Iā€™m assuming this was just coincidence and completely irrelevant.

Other than that, I donā€™t know what to go by.

2 Likes

If itā€™s not one of those two major scenes, then I honestly donā€™t know. I at least hope I got the correct movie, lol.

2 Likes

You sure did get the movie lol. I was originally going to make the Optimus Prime level the scene from Dark of the Moon where he slashes and kills Decepticons in a fit of rage and then kills Shockwave and maybe fight Sentinel Prime, but since one of my IRL friendsā€™ favorite character is Ironhide I decided to put Ironhide in that level instead (also Ironhide is awesome bro) and made Optimusā€™ level the forest battle scene because thatā€™s very iconic. But since this fangameā€™s purpose isnā€™t necessarily to recreate movie scenes and is just to let people have fun playing as their favorite Transformers characters, I might add the Fallen into it because why not. And maybe also Jetfire.

more

Coincidence yeah.

Oops. Yeah I think the reference image I used for Megatron must have been a figure based on the end of the movie in Egypt :grimacing:

Thatā€™s because I was still drawing his arm when I took that screenshot. I finished drawing him last night just before bed. I didnā€™t draw his transformation animation or tank mode because it was very late. His arm looks small in that screenshot because I just used a skeleton to show me where and how long the arm would be.

2 Likes

what a nice guy, fixing the broken defaced lincoln memorial :blush: :smiley:
Lincoln memorial GIF - Conseguir el mejor gif en GIFER

5 Likes

I drew Bumblebee and Ironhide doing the griddy in class, should this be in the game?

2 Likes

New updates today

• Used the last moments of my grade 11 art course to make an animation of Optimus Prime hitting the griddy (press G to griddy and Y to stop)
  • Spent like 5 hours drawing Megatronā€™s transformation animation
  • Created several more levels for characters I havenā€™t made yet
  • Updated all the pixel size 2 blocks to pixel size 1 (16 bit to 32 bit upgrade)
  • Played Angry Birds
  • Made my best transformation animation in the entire game so far (this isn't even the whole thing)
  • Began to program the bosses

Currently Iā€™m trying to finish making the movie Optimus Prime, G1 Megatron, and both Ironhide levels. The Ironhide levels are a surprise for my friend.

2 Likes

The griddy feature has been implemented with sound!

Press G to hit the griddy and Y to stop.

2 Likes

Movie Prime can now hit the griddy. Bumblebee and Megatron griddy, as well as playable Starscream, Soundwave, or Shockwave level coming soon by next update.

1 Like

this ā€œdebug systemā€ makes no sense at all. It just makes it destroy itself when it collides with something.

debug means something elseā€¦

3 Likes

Itā€™s an ineffective way of ā€œdebuggingā€. Any time 5 or more of the same behaviors are used to preform the same function, itā€™s probably an ineffective method.

5 Likes

Here, I made this lol
https://flowlab.io/games/play/2341807

3 Likes

I know. I tested automatic destroying a while ago and it didnā€™t work. I guess it was just a bug.

3 Likes

Youā€™re the Energon to my Cybertron