Unprofessional Wizardry (Devlog)

Hello!
The title is what this topic is for :+1:

updates will be posted here, right now the game is very barebones, the most fun thing to do is run and jump around to watch the animations lol

9 Likes

All movement animations done!
Today I’ll try to implement water, and spells (Where the theme comes in)
player spell showoff ver

5 Likes

There’s a background now as well.

1 Like

Each spell animation is done! Next item on the list is probably making them functional.
player spell1player spell2player spell3player fallplayer run

6 Likes

I like it! I wish I was half as good at art as you.
Is this for the flowjam?

3 Likes

Yep! Hoping to score higher than last time because my last jam game didn’t have much in terms of gameplay, lol

2 Likes

Cool game! I can’t even make a simple square.

2 Likes

All spells now cost mana to use. They still don’t do anything, although I did add a shockwave effect to the Holiness blast.

2 Likes

I think there’s gonna be unprofessional wizardry in this game and it’s gonna be awesome.

2 Likes

Yessirr (Although I don’t know if it’s going to be puzzle-oriented or combat-oriented)

1 Like

I love the animations!

1 Like

Thanks! I am proud of them as well :grin:

3 Likes

Spark now actually shoots out a spark, as intended. Me and @Good_Games are working on getting an auto-outliner for the ground, but we’re working out some bugs right now so the ground will not look correct until further notice.

4 Likes

This sounds so cool!

4 Likes

Tilemap outline?

2 Likes

@BradenS , the tilemap system is now working!

2 Likes

I’ve added a menu!
I’m currently working on: A tutorial castle with a more experienced wizard to help you out and give you some tips with your malfunctioning wand :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Old Wizard NPC is finished and has his dialogue!

2 Likes

Alright, there’s now a transition between levels. I heavily recommend playing the whole game through again if you haven’t already, and to give feedback :smile: :pray:

6 Likes

Alright, since I don’t have a lot of time left, I’m planning on making the main game combat-oriented where you can go back and upgrade spells to make them less unpredictable, similar to Shattering Steel.

3 Likes