Vehicle Battlefield Dev Log

Ok, would it look better gray, or camo, like the tank?

I made it grey.

1 Like

The first part of level one is finally done!

3 Likes

I recomend making the bullets for enemy and player (definitely enemy) slower, and to make the health bar go from right to left instead of left to right, looks very weird

If you make the enemy bullets so fast then players won’t even try to dodge them, as they don’t do that much damage and dodging them is really hard. You move slowly, the bullets move quickly

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for the recommendations.

1 Like

Well, I’m switching up the reticles for Vehicle battlefield 2. I’m making the first, this one, after the famed DMR reticle (I don’t know if it is actually famous) from Halo 5: Guardians.

The second will the be B-55 reticle, also from Halo 5.

The second will not change. It’ll be the classical gun reticle: and all-black cross-scope.

2 Likes
Should I use spritestacking?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

Please vote.
Spritestacking will take literally all of my free time and I’ll have to make the entire game look 3D after the tank is fixed. Just top-view would be much easier, the game would be much smoother, and I’d finally have some time to do something.

You would only need to really use Sprite stacking on the enemies and the player. The buildings and/or structures could still be 3/4 top down view.

2 Likes

I know, but spritestacking enemies is insanely annoying and I don’t know how to make more than 1 3-D enemy per level. I think I’ll just settle with complete top-view. All of this is taking too much time. Vehicle battlefield was just supposed to be a fun, quick, and easy game that isn’t too complicated to make. This is the exact opposite. I’m fighting against failure and defeat constantly and my head hurts at the end of the day.

I think I’m in over my head. This isn’t fun anymore, it’s just fix this bug, fix that bug, delete this part of code, make that part of code. When I use Flowlab I try to read and understand the code, but this is near impossible when working with hundreds and hundreds of behavior blocks all working to do something I literally just learned about. It’s…- it’s just too much.

I’ll keep going with re-doing Vehicle battlefield, but from now on, it’s not going to be spritestacked.

1 Like

That’s like me most of the time.
You’ll eventually get to the point were you have enough practice in that you’ll start to encounter less and less bugs, but it just takes some time.

There is a way to include more than one of the Spritestack enemies, my brother was able to figure it out, but I’m not sure how to do it myself.

1 Like

Yeah, but that time is split up between the few hours of free time I have each day.

Me neither. DW and I were trying to do it.

1 Like

Sadly, I do start my new job tomorrow so I don’t know if I’ll have much free time, but I could try configuring an example myself or see if my brother’s game is still up.

1 Like

Good Job! What job is it? -May I ask?

Thanks a bunch!

It’s a manufacturing position. Still unsure of what I’ll be doing, but it’s better than nothing.

1 Like

Well, I did it.

Go test the cursors out. -Maybe send some Feedback.

Vehicle battlefield 2 is scheduled to be released the between December 26th (2023) and January 3rd (2024). I’ve re-done the description and am more than halfway through the first level!

Vehicle battlefield 2 is not an entirely new game, it’s just a polished and… well better, version of thr original game.

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni @ItzBlob @hi4250five @John_Shrekinson @DinoDev

3 Likes

Here are some of the new features I’ve added to Vehicle Battlefield 2:

• Smoke trails for the two spaceships.
  • Tread marks for the tank (Same object as the smoke!).
  • Pop-up storyline!
  • Nuclear shockwave instead of the infamous Comit.
  • Upgraded speed in levels two and three.
  • Tank body & gun as separate parts.
  • Healers in level three (Chase)… so the level can be longer (Hehehe).
  • Special undergrowth and secret panels that become slightly transparent when the player passes under them.
  • Much shorter levels with more closely-packed enemies.
  • New animations for nearly every object.
  • Upgraded menu buttons.
  • Upgraded menu text (Using labels).

That’s most of the major updates I’ve added to Vehicle Battlefield 2. Remember, its release date is on New year (Maybe a bit earlier), so be sure to mark your calendars.

Also, I’ll be drawing the cover of the game today! I hope it looks pretty good.

I might be adding some competitive features too, like a saving High-Score on the chase level, or enemy kills int he first.

If you want to be one of the first beta testers, I’ll be looking for some near the start of December!

Thanks for reading!
-Ember.Y

3 Likes

Level design, Level design, Level design. I agree with Sup3r87, the hardest part of this kind of game is the level design. It’s just so boring, although it makes for an epic experience.

Special thanks to @kade, the bugfinder, for playtesting my game. (This was in private).

2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like