Vironia Development Log (Active)

New game teaser!

I’ve had some spare time recently and I decided to use it for a new game in the SAGA!

This game is a chase game called ‘Escape’, where the player has to complete a platformer set of obstacles while the level is closing in from the left!

3 Likes

Time to Re-Do the UI. I’ve learned a LOT since I began developing this game.

1 Like

UI looks awesome but the classic flow-bar doesn’t seem to fit along with the UI art and it’s hurting my eyes to see them mixed together.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, but I’d have to make a 100-frame animation for a sprite bar :sob:.

Last time, when I did it on Last Stand, it took FOREVER.

1 Like

why can’t you just divide it by 5? Or divide it to how much the health would be converted to hearts. (Not talking about the hearts next to the bar.)

1 Like

I want it to be precise, by the pixel.

Well that would just be inefficient in my opinion. But it’s your choice.

1 Like

Wait, it loaded for you?! I can’t even open the game.

No I was just saying how making a bar exact by the pixel could be ineffecient.

1 Like

Oh.

I have no idea why it won’t load!!!

1 Like

Also sorry if this would be off-topic but I really feel that the bar could’ve just been divided by how it would be converted to hearts. Like this:
This is kind of how I think of it.

1 Like

Yeah, when I opened it today to add more objects, it wouldn’t load for me either

1 Like

Please use the HP bar system me and extrez made for Hymn of Blood instead of using such an awful and inefficient method. Here’s the link to the game:

1 Like

That might work, but I want to add details, such as shading. I was originally thinking of using size, and I might, but the bar is fine for the WIP version.

It uses size and a single display animation which is half the length of the actual object. The display animation is endlessly looped.

1 Like

You can do shading similar to how we did it in our game!

Is the animation necessary? Why not just make the sprite shorter?

Hm… yeah, I could. Ok, I’ll start work on a new HP bar once I can get the game to load.

Size pulls the object toward it’s center. The animation being half size makes it so that only one half of the bar is shown and thus it seems like the sprite’s size is simply being cut down.

1 Like

Oh, that’s really clever.

Anouncement

Vironia V2, the one currently in progress, will be deleted (at least discarded). This is due to many things. 1st, the game won’t even load. Yep, it doesn’t load, not at all. I can’t even play it. 2nd, I’ve learned much since it broke, and cleaning the game up would take more time than just starting over.
That is all. The dates are not yet decided.

-Ember.Y

2 Likes