I'm re-doing all of my games?!

Ember here,

As you probably know, I’ve made quite a few games. The thing is, I made those game while I was still learning how to use the engine. Most of these games have either crashed, are VERY slow, or are just NOT fun.
Right now, I’m completely re-doing these three:
The Vironia Saga (V3 in progress)
Ember’s Examples (V2 in progress)
Ember’s Minigame dome (E gaming collection in progress)

I’ve been mostly updating the new Vironia saga, but I’ve also started on my example collection. At the moment, I am completely re-doing Ember’s Minigame Dome. I will re-name it, re-code it, and even add some new games. The levels will be different, although the whole game will still be cloud-based.

I will post some updates on all of these three games here. If you want to see a full in-depth update log on Vironia, head here: Vironia Development Log (Active) - #68 by JUSTPLAINOP

Do you want to be pinged for updates?
  • Yes
0 voters

Thanks!
-Ember.Y

7 Likes

There’s still a ton of projects I’ve mind that I still need to update.

The bad thing about getting smarter, is that everything you had done doesn’t meet your expectations anymore.

I’m glad that you are continuing to work on your older projects, and I can’t wait to see what you do with them.

6 Likes

Thanks.
The E Game Collection update 1 is coming today. I’m working on is as much as possible.

4 Likes

E Game Collection: Update 1

3/6/2024

I’ve been working for a few hours on the new menu, cover, and games! Here’s a summary:

New cover

As the previous version, this game will be sky-themed.

New menu

Teasers for some upcoming games!

Menu Buttons 2

Each button on the left will lead to a game I’ve made outside of this collection on a new tab. When the player hovers over it, it will show which game it leads to.

(The description has yet to be updated. This will come in update 2.)

JUMP

New tilemap system

Unlike the previous version, the game now has vertical clouds!

New JUMP player

This player will have wall-jumping (not climbing though) and an improved player-trail.
Special thanks to SamuelPixelPizza for the wall jump example and Deadly Smile for the player trail example!

I have also added screen-fading (in and out), and an updated cloud-frame:

Jump will now become a Speedrun Game! There will be a short main level that the player has to complete in as little time as possible!

Pings:
@ManiacPumpkin @Enchanted_Studios3

Thank you for reading.
-Ember.Y

2 Likes

Also, just a reminder, the speedrun level will be HUGE! The specific time hasn’t been found yet, but I can guarantee it will be over 3 minutes.
EDIT: Never mind, I beat it in 20.5 seconds… I forgot how quicky one could speedrun a level.

Here is the finished version of JUMP! You can give feedback here! If you want to share your score, go here.

E game collection: Update 2

3/10/2024

I’ve finished the level and added a timer. JUMP is now a full-on speedrunning game. Sorry about the lack of officiality, I didn’t feel like writing an entire page on literally two things.
Anyways! -Ember’s Examples is next!

Ember’s Examples: Update 1

3/10/2024

New menu:

I used an image from the editor of the Flowlab background. The buttons are now behavior bundles! They both have two animations, alike real bundles.
There isn’t much art going on here, most of it is downloaded images from the flowlab engine.

New cooldown tester

I did draw a new testing object for the cooldown example though.

I also added music:

Yes, it is just a bunch of random songs. I might change it later. EDIT: I just changed it to moon, looping.

There will be more sprites coming soon. Expect the same style as the cooldown tester.

I’ll also be re-doing the description. I’ll post it here in update 2!

Pings:
@Enchanted_Studios3 @ManiacPumpkin @John_Shrekinson @JAMaker95 @kade

Thanks for reading,
-Ember.Y

2 Likes

Update to Ember’s Examples! I figured out how to make moving platforms recently… and I love moving platforms.