Vironia Development Log (Active)

Minor: 6/27/2023
Update 8.1

Today will mostly be coding the players HP to allow the Golden rune to heal and coding the wall enemy to flip. I’m going to use Raycast. There won’t be any art for today (Since it’s a minor update.)

I’ll also be building the level. The next part is the flatland. I’ll make some long grass sprites and maybe another tree object. Those aren’t big enough to go onto my art station.

(I’ll also be coding the wall enemy to shoot the small dwarven bullets.)

Tags: @ItzBlob @John_Shrekinson @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @BradenS @FireBear0-0 @CodeAlpaca @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time

3 Likes

So uh, I found the game. It’s really good! The only problem is the art!

3 Likes

Thank you!

Yes, I am well aware.

lol, I remember your first vironia game, absolutely horrendous, stupid solid rocks and a very bland level, is this version out yet? From what I saw from the various screenshots, this game looks good, except that the art is janky and lacks any kind of unity or depth

4 Likes

yeah i was supposed to be the artist until i lost my school computer…

2 Likes

Yeah, without Braden’s skill, we are falling behind. The first game… I don’t even want to talk about it, XD!

2 Likes

@BradenS @Flying_Fajita, you guys ready to get back to work? The school year will soon begin.

FlyingFajita, are there any things you are busy with?

Once the school year starts up again, I’ll get my school laptop back which means I’ll be able to resume helping you with the game :+1:

3 Likes

Woo-hoo! Head to the Vironia PM. How about you, @Flying_Fajita?

Vironia

Tag poll:

Which Updates do you wish to be tagged for?
  • All
  • Tiny (0.01)
  • Minor (0.1)
  • Major (0.5)
  • Extreme (1!)

0 voters

@Kasamir @ManiacPumpkin @BradenS @ARRTY @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @John_Shrekinson @BeesyBee @ItzBlob @hi4250five @paisleypug

1 Like

@DinoDev @DWGAMEMASTER @Flying_Fajita

Minor and up for me so basically everyone except tiny

Just sign up for two

oops didnt realize you could :sweat_smile:

OK, I just don’t recommend doing too much level deign rn because there will be a lot of updates added. I will continue working on it soon!

Ok, good to know!

Yup, the UI is a bit messy.

Update 1.9
8/12/2023

Major

Things I’m doing:

• Building a cave system
  • Making a pause menu

Things I’ve done:

• Made the racing level base
  • Coded the race car selections
  • Made 9 10ths of the race menu

I’m planning on cleaning up the UI:

Current UI (Messy)

I’ll continue off of the base I made once me and my team finishes the campaign level.

Level design:

Cave start

I’m going to continue making the cave system today. It should be done in a bit.

For these updates, I won’t be posting the code and all, that’s too annoying. Lol.

Menu sneak peak

That’s what the current meu looks like. I always have one extra game slot in the Saga menu.
Ok, well. Time for pings.

Tags:

@BeesyBee @ItzBlob @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @ARRTY @DinoDev @Kasamir

@paisleypug @DWGAMEMASTER @GmakerP

(Oof, that was much larger than expected.)

4 Likes

You should really try something else than platformers,

3 Likes

I’m going to, after the campaign. The racing is going to be isometric with spritestacking.

1 Like

what, we’re doing the racing in the same game??

1 Like