Vironia Development Log (Active)

… It’s a saga, so yeah.

THIS IS DEAMED DEAD

You don’t have to revive topics just to announce they are dead. Plus it’s up to JUSTPLAINOP.

1 Like

ik i just like doing that to see if its still running bc it said active

Even then it’s still respectful to keep on the topic related to the discussion. You could have just asked if it was still active or if there were any new updates instead of claiming it to be dead hoping it would then be revived.
I get what you’re going for, but you could have been a bit more formal about it instead of making unrelated posts.

4 Likes

The development was postponed by a few things. It was originally scheduled to start back up yesterday, but then the booster Jam started, so I decided to stall even further to the 30th.

2 Likes

Update 2.0

10/17/2023
Major

Updates since 1.9:

• Ending of level 1 of the campaign!
  • Start of level 2!
  • Vines and undergrowth
  • Wifi towers and metal boat
  • Waves (WIP)
  • Updated pushback system.

Level design:

Level 1 (Total)

Level 2 start

There’s no art for today. I’ll post it all once my team and I are done with the fundamentals of level 2. The boat is made up of three different objects: The base, the upper floor, and the sides, which is one object with two animations. It’s flipped in the editor so my screenshot is weird.

I’ve decided to NOT make a Vironia-style race game. It just doesn’t fit with the theme, so I salvaged the used items for later.

Tags:
@BeesyBee @ItzBlob @Hong_Jooni_Pooni @ARRTY @DinoDev @Kasamir

@paisleypug @DWGAMEMASTER @GmakerP

Good day!
-Ember.Y

2 Likes

AHHH!!!

Braden, Flying Fajita, and I need to do ALL THIS! I feel like, the more we do, the more problems come up. Probably because the more game there is, the more game there is to be a problem.

2 Likes

New game teaser!

I’ve had some spare time recently and I decided to use it for a new game in the SAGA!

This game is a chase game called ‘Escape’, where the player has to complete a platformer set of obstacles while the level is closing in from the left!

3 Likes

Time to Re-Do the UI. I’ve learned a LOT since I began developing this game.

1 Like

UI looks awesome but the classic flow-bar doesn’t seem to fit along with the UI art and it’s hurting my eyes to see them mixed together.

1 Like

Yeah, I know, but I’d have to make a 100-frame animation for a sprite bar :sob:.

Last time, when I did it on Last Stand, it took FOREVER.

1 Like

why can’t you just divide it by 5? Or divide it to how much the health would be converted to hearts. (Not talking about the hearts next to the bar.)

1 Like

I want it to be precise, by the pixel.

Well that would just be inefficient in my opinion. But it’s your choice.

1 Like

Wait, it loaded for you?! I can’t even open the game.

No I was just saying how making a bar exact by the pixel could be ineffecient.

1 Like

Oh.

I have no idea why it won’t load!!!

1 Like

Also sorry if this would be off-topic but I really feel that the bar could’ve just been divided by how it would be converted to hearts. Like this:
This is kind of how I think of it.

1 Like

Yeah, when I opened it today to add more objects, it wouldn’t load for me either

1 Like