šŸŽƒ Wilder's Cure - [RELEASE DATE DELAY]

I liked the proximity attack because it was pretty unique and had to get the player close to the enemies before you could attack. But I just wished there was a bit more impact with it.

Maybe some death animations, particles, and screenshake will give it that emphasis that I felt it was missing in the OG game. Also, maybe getting abilities could add some sort of journey with the player - but thatā€™s just a hunch.

5 Likes

I actually do have abilities that you get throughout the game planned! Thanks for the feedback. This helps me to know how to approach combat in the sequel :blush:

5 Likes

Thanks to everyone who voted! I feel a lot more confident with where Iā€™m taking the combat and more specifically the proximity mechanic.

Also, Iā€™ve been working on the design of NPCs youā€™ll be meeting throughout your journey. Iā€™ve been messing around a lot in the sprite editor and I think I have a design that Iā€™m satisfied with.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve been messing around a lot with @rcregerā€™s lighting system and Iā€™m deciding if I want to use it for Wilderā€™s Creation 2. Itā€™s a great system and it makes for some great atmosphere so Iā€™ll most likely keep it but itā€™s gonna be a bit of a chore implementing it into the game.

Iā€™ve also been working on coming up with concepts for more environmental obstacles. I think this would help make each area unique in the game and make the gameplay feel more fresh and fun. Iā€™ve got some really cool ideas as well so Iā€™m looking forward to really getting into the level design.

Canā€™t wait to show you all!

5 Likes

Good luck! If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask. I think Iā€™ve got the lighting stuff all figured out for the future, so if you need anything, just @ me:D

3 Likes

I think the lighting system will be really cool for the type of game youā€™re making. good luck!

4 Likes

@rcregerā€™s lighting system has been fully implemented into Wilderā€™s Creation 2! I really like this system and it really adds to the atmosphere. It also allows me to improve the scenery and decor and to make environments feel more full of life.

I had a small setback due to how large the environments are getting in each level but @rcreger was able to help me out so big thanks to him!

3 Likes

Nice! I made a second version with more features that might help if you havenā€™t already implemented them. This one: LIGHTING v2

Parallax might be nextā€¦

3 Likes

So a lot of what Iā€™ve been doing with Wilderā€™s Creation 2 right now is just touching up and improving the ground work that I laid for myself months ago when I started. However, itā€™s time to start moving forward in the game. I want to start adding new levels and start working on getting the structure that I have planned into the game.

That being said, something Iā€™ve been putting off is the bosses. I have them all planned but they are a lot of work compared to regular enemies and NPCs. Iā€™m worried my art wouldnā€™t do my ideas justice. So Iā€™m thinking about getting guest artists to do the sprites for each boss. 1 person would get 1 boss, naturally. Iā€™m not positive if this is the route I would like to go. I pride myself on making games with my own art even if it isnā€™t the best. But, if anyone would be interested then feel free to pm me or leave a reply and Iā€™ll discuss the details with them if I decide to have guest artists.

Again, nothingā€™s confirmed, but if there is some interest then Iā€™ll probably go through with this.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I could do a boss if you want. Iā€™m good at drawing robots and monsters.

2 Likes

Hey, gang!

Itā€™s been over 2 weeks since my last update and that may become a normal thing for awhile. With school starting back up and me having another big project on the side Iā€™m really dividing my time up. All this to say, I donā€™t have as much time to work on Wilderā€™s Creation 2 as I did before. But hey, it happens.

Great news, though. There are 3 guest artists working on a different boss each for the game! Theyā€™ve each recieved the neccessary resources and information from me and I canā€™t wait to see what they create! Also, if anyone else wants to be a guest artist itā€™s not too late. Just shoot me a pm or reply and weā€™ll sort out a spot for you.

October is coming up soon and I want to do a few little things to celebrate the Halloween season with Wilderā€™s Creation 2. Might show some stuff, might announce some stuff, might even say some stuff, who knows. Be on the lookout for some cool stuff in October :smiley:

5 Likes

Wait a secondā€¦how did I not know about this game until now? Well, expect more support from now on :laughing:

4 Likes

Hey, gang!

Iā€™m knee-deep in level design now and itā€™s going pretty nice! I have a lot of mechanics implemented and planned and I really feel like this is going to surpass Wilderā€™s Creation in every way. This month I will be starting on the soundtrack as well and Iā€™m really looking forward to it. I may even share a song or two so be on the lookout for that. I will also be dropping a screenshot or two so hope you look forward to that!

Just wanted to give a small progress update :blush:

7 Likes

Hey, gang!

As promised, I present to you the first official screenshot for Wilderā€™s Creation 2!

Hope this shows how much more effort is being put into the visuals compared to the first game. Looking back Wilderā€™s Creation had very open levels that lacked detail and Iā€™m trying to do better in that department. This is also a good look at the lighting system by @rcreger in action. Itā€™s not 100% finished, but I really love it so far.

Itā€™s kind of crazy that Iā€™m finally starting to show off the game! Started this project back in February and now weā€™re here. This screenshot is just a tiny look at the game, though. Hope you look forward to what Iā€™ll be sharing next!

9 Likes

This looks amazing, And I thought the original was great!

5 Likes

I love your art style

5 Likes

This honestly looks great, absolutely cannot wait to play this!

Also glad the lighting system is coming in handy XD

6 Likes

As the robot in Soul Knight once said:
ā€œDonā€™t forget to water the seedsā€

5 Likes

The background is impressive, really pwetty! Also, gwumpy log :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Awesome! Iā€™m interested in what the spook does.

5 Likes