šŸŽƒ Wilder's Cure - [RELEASE DATE DELAY]

Canā€™t wait, one of my highest anticipated games!

3 Likes

Hey, gang!

Iā€™ve been getting down a lot of story elements for the game in my sketchbook for Wilderā€™s Creation 2 and Iā€™ve been working on the dialogue for the opening of the game. A big part of this is the text box and UI. I have the text system down but Iā€™m also working on character portraits that will show up alongside the text to help add to the immersion. All of this will, of course, be seen in the upcoming demo.

I also havenā€™t quite finished up the shop work but Iā€™ve been feeling a bit lazy. Hopefully I can knock it out maybe over winter break.

And so I must get back to work!

7 Likes

Hey, gang!

Hoping to get a little surprise out to you guys on Christmas but for now I have the second official screenshot for Wilderā€™s Creation 2:

I really also just wanted to show off the text box and how dialogue will look in the game. Iā€™m really happy with how the character portraits look in the text box and I think this really enhances the storytelling. I still have a long way to go before the demo, so enjoy this little tease!

6 Likes

This looks amazing! :smiley: love the designs

4 Likes

Hey, gang!

First things first, happy holidays! Hope everyoneā€™s holiday is going well. Winter Break is sure to give me a lot of time to work on this game and Iā€™m looking forward to that.

Now, I have something very cool to share. My friend helped make an announcement trailer for Wilderā€™s Creation 2, or should I say Wilderā€™s Cure! Thatā€™s right, Wilderā€™s Cure is the official title of Wilderā€™s Creation 2. Check out the trailer right here:

The trailer really just shows off some gameplay and different environments in the game, as well as a cosmetic that you can purchase. I also have an estimated release date somewhere in April 2022. Furthermore, the demo for Wilderā€™s Cure will be releasing January 16th which is the one year anniversary of the first game.

Hope you like the trailer and look forward to the demo!

7 Likes

Looks great, canā€™t wait to play it for myself!

2 Likes

Whoop whoop, can not wait! April 2022, here I come!

4 Likes

WWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
this looks amazing! canā€™t wait till April 2022.

and merry christmas!

4 Likes

April 2022, the month of school ending, the month of cool things happening, the month 2 months after my birthdayā€¦ now I have another thing to look forward to other than my birthday. and also 4 months later the game is out, amazing.

5 Likes

So is this ā€œthe gangā€.

3 Likes

ā€œGangā€ is just kind of a casual term I like to use to refer to anyone checking out my work.

Welcome to the gang, friend :blush:

3 Likes

My cringe bar is intensifying.

But is going low at the same time

2 Likes

@Greggo, wait I remember seeing that indie thing on your pfp like the one on all the ppl with indie?

2 Likes

I had an indie account a long time ago but for the past few years Iā€™ve had a student account.

3 Likes

Hey, gang!

Iā€™ve been hard at work getting the demo together and finishing story elements, as well as a shop. However, the biggest thing Iā€™ve been working on is the lighting system, which has recieved a MASSIVE overhaul. As Iā€™ve said, Iā€™ve been using @rcregerā€™s lighting system. The system is great and pretty simple to implement, but I wanted something that would feel more smooth and allow for more dynamic lighting. So, I tried a lighting system by @JR01. It looked a lot more like what I wanted but it really botched the performance of the game.

So, Iā€™ve settled on an overlay lighting system. No fancy coding or system, just overlays. It looks clean, it doesnā€™t hurt the gameā€™s performance, and it gives a nice atmospheric touch to the game. Hereā€™s a look at it:

Itā€™s subtle, but itā€™s pretty effective, I think. Anyways, itā€™ll be worth it in the end!

10 Likes

Wow, looks great so far, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Oh, I like this! Just wondering, what was JRā€™s system? Iā€™ve never seen it before lol if he managed to make smooth lighting, I kinda wanna check it out

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bit old but itā€™s close to the best you can do with dynamic lighting in Flowlab.

I have a much better system on the shelf but I need Masking to be available in Flowlab for it to work.
Until then, UI effects are pretty much you best option for performance.

Hereā€™s my Lighting Example:
Flowlab Game Creator - Lightting System

5 Likes

Dang, there was already a great lighting system :sweat_smile: I spent way to long on my own. Oh well, but this is really cool, and I think I might be able to learn some things from this. Thank you for sharing this!

Also canā€™t wait for masking, basically makes all that was put into these faux lighting systems to no use. But that is to come with every technical achievement:D

5 Likes

Hey, gang!

Just five more days until the demo goes public! Iā€™ve been putting the finishing touches on it and Iā€™ve been doing my best to make sure Iā€™m not missing anything too big. Iā€™ve been working on a game for the Winter Flowjam so I havenā€™t been devoting a lot of time for Wilderā€™s Cure but rest assured that the demo will release as scheduled and hopefully with at least solid quality :point_left::sunglasses::point_left:. I would also like to have a google form go along with it that you guys would fill out for feedback. Hopefully I can quickly scrape that together soon.

Also, this is the 100th post on this topic so yay :tada:

See you all on the 16th!

8 Likes