Yoann's 3rd 3D Engine

Hey guys. I’ve been thinking about improving my past 3D engine with more efficient ways to render
3D, with faces, better floors and maybe landscape. I’ve been working on something, but the low frames was disappointing. but no worries my friends, I have a new idea on how i will make this work.

here’s what I was working on that wasn’t really working the best

(Yes, Im still alive !!! :partying_face:!)
p.s. please feel free to ask any questions about my current or past projects

13 Likes

This looks really nice! And it’s cool you can have colors and basic light decay with distance.
Have you considered maybe using triangles instead of strips? I know that would lose your ability to do textures, but it would make it look a little less pixelated

3 Likes

yeah, but I wanted to do something different with lines and circles for cleaner and more powerful results

3 Likes

I’ve been keeping a close eye whenever you post a new 3D engine on the forums, because I’ve never had the patients to try a 3D game myself, but I also find it very mindbreaking that it’s even possible. I’m sure with enough dedication, there’ll be plenty of Wolfenstein style games popping up soon, lol.

Also, I know you had made several engines in the past, but have any of them had solid walls? Or at least walls that can’t be walked through?
I think there was one that had solid walls, but I honestly can’t remember since there were a few others that were experimenting with this.

2 Likes

Yes, my first Real 3D Engine (no raycasts) has collisions for the ground and wall, but i removed them so I could work on the 3D itself without messing with the fps (even tho it doesn’t change a lot :rofl:)

(and a bit of laziness I guess)

3 Likes

Yep, Were gonna have actual 3D games in flowlab one day. I’m gonna bet all my money on this. I can’t wait for FPS games.

2 Likes

Sweet, JUMPING! I can’t wait to see the final version!

They’re gonna be most likely the same as the old Wolfenstein thing

1 Like

Nah, more like doom, trust me

2 Likes

Actually I think you may be right.

2 Likes

That’s insane, looked at the code, at first looked simple but have no idea how still

1 Like

These are getting better and better! I am really impressed! Your engines are making something that will someday be used by everybody! Keep up the good work!

1 Like

well I just did some experimenting with the animations and added textures instead of colors and I did this
ezgif-2-bb3cfa77a0

3 Likes

you should make this easier to edit cause looking at it now it seems like it would be a pain to change the layout of

u should make it so u can jump on the yellow plat form

1 Like

I can imagine that that would be very difficult to do.

1 Like

Wowowowowow, that’s CRAZY! Is this your game?

Reminds me of doom!

1 Like

well no I just used the code and see what I could experiment with the new engine and made a semi game like doom

2 Likes

I know that was the point of doing the little experiment

2 Likes