Zombie Sprite Contest

So i am a decent pixel art guy, i can make a game look good but im not the best. So i was making a zombie game and i realized “I cant make zombies for the heck of it”. So ive come to ask if someone would wanna help, but then i thought ill make it a little contest because why not.

Rules of this Contest:
3 Size brush
5x5 Sprite
The style of the pictures below

Screenshot 2022-05-05 11.24.44 AM

Screenshot 2022-05-05 12.06.19 PM

My idea of what the zombies should look like is a Dead Space slasher mixed with clickers from Last of us

Are you Particapating?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

The Sprites will be displayed below in this description after the event and number 1 will be used in my game (If consent is given to me by the artist). And dont worry about animating them.
AND the deadlines May 10th (5 days from time this was posted)

1st Place:

2nd Place:
img_asset_13465429

3rd Place:

3 Likes

Can we use any color and does it have to look like what you showed us?

1 Like

Any colors, just the art style is needed

1 Like

So it needs to look like that but it can be any colors? If so i might be able to do the contest

1 Like

Yep, And i wouldnt say it needs to look like the solders just make them seem like they would fit in with the art style like the darker borders and what not

1 Like

I can try to do the contest but i dont know if i can get done on time sooo

1 Like

*darker outlines

@John_Shrekinson summoning (this sounds exactly like his level of expertise)

1 Like

I can extend it, i just thought it wouldnt be a long thing. if you want ill add 3 more days

1 Like

Um im not sure, if you have the time to do that it would be helpful but if not its ok

1 Like

I can do it, the max i can do is atleast an extra 5 days making it a week

1 Like

i think the 3 days are enough thanks!

1 Like

i am really bad at pixel art but I’m on the journey to improvement
edit: oh yeh can i make the zombies look like they have powers?

1 Like

does this basic outline look kind of like the style that u want?

edit: i updated the outline to make it not look as fat:

also, i made a zombie sprite from this that i think is really gud but im not gonna show it just yet. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey @Lordkhalton? I just joined Flowlab yesterday and i think i wanna improve my art skills. Can i join?

1 Like

Just vote on the poll in the original post

Heres my sprite:
img_asset_13465429

2 Likes

I think you took the zombie sprite a little to literal… We needed the character not the word

1 Like

Looks pretty good, and to answer if they can have powers, yes they can BUT i will need a basic walker (the specials would just be bonuses)

Just a reminder: stated above i kinda want the style of like a clicker or a slasher, here are some inspiration images. (Sorry if theyre very gruesome and gory looking)

1 Like

The top one has drip :sweat_drops: :cold_face:

1 Like