Alpaca Reviewing Station

What’s up dog?

I’d like it if this topic would not become cluttered.

5 Likes

Welp

Would like to give me more feedback on my game?

I played it a little bit today, some of the issues have been addressed which is good.

Something I did notice is that the double jump adds barely any height, making it more of a stall in the air than a jump. I still think the character falls way too fast still. I know you’ll already do this, but use for the coins is needed, maybe to unlock different weapons, skins, etc.

Another thing, the instant death from the enemy basically makes it a moving spike. A thought is to have them attack you, pushing you back and getting rid of 1 out of 3 hearts.

5 Likes

Yeah, then you can sacrifice some of your health to get the enemy and then presumably heal later

1 Like

Yeah health thing was something that I was thinking of a bit. The coins will be used to purchase 1 time abilities, weapons, and materials. The materials I will think of a purpose for later though. The skins will only be apart of the mini game modes which will have 1 time abilities and like I said skins. Also yes now that I think of it the player does still fall too fast. The double jump however I might increase a little bit but for the most part it is mostly suppose to help you jump of gaps and not really make you increase height that much. Just something that is overlooked in most video games is that making the double jump close too or the same as the basic jump is unrealistic for many reasons. Although for my triple jump ability you will gain a tornado jump which will make you jump the same amount as the regular jump, mostly because it spins you upwards.

2 Likes

I’m also thinking about adding a mini game called rising water which you just keep jumping up from platform to platform and you just don’t touch the water. very similar to the infinite runner except you have more movement and you go up not down, and again it’s scored by time.

2 Likes

Sigma balls

2 Likes

LLLLIIIIVVVVEEEEEE
also
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Currently fixing some bugs in my game that I didn’t realize existed. I also need to make some things 1-frame so that may take some time.

I’m also now writing an in-depth explanation with examples of how to use the List behavior, so that is taking some time.

I am a very active flowlab user so at least you won’t have to worry about me disappearing

3 Likes

Hello, I was just looking at the forums to expand my knowledge of stuff(some blocks are SO confusing) and sending a help request when I stumbled unto your review place. I already @ you to try to help me on another place but realized I didn’t provide info, so here I am. Don’t have to give overly detailed review cause I’m still in the progress of making it. I’m thinking of adding a mana system because some abilities seem to OP to use infinitely and a evolution path, so each penguin has a distinct evolution path. ALSO(sorry), I’m gonna try to get a indie account to add items that boost stats :slight_smile: thanks

3 Likes

Dw, by the time I’m able to get through all these reviews the game will probably be much more finished (I’m currently working on finishing a project which is why I have delayed the review for the moment)

3 Likes

I thunk my art is the best part, Im kinda new to this, so I went all out on the aesthetic and vibe without realizing there was a limit :slight_smile:
So if anyone is reading this, pls gimme feedback on everything

3 Likes

@Hong_Jooni_Pooni

4 Likes

In my opinion, The game art is absolutely beautiful! While the actual gameplay needs some work, such as the orbs in the first level hitting and moving the player around which makes the first level kinda difficult. Don’t know if that is a feature or not, but just in case it was something that was overlooked. overall I would say a solid B+

4 Likes

Oh, the orbs, if u are skillful enough can assist u to double jump and stuff, just hold space if u don’t want them, I usually use a mix so when Im rotated nicely I can double jump :slight_smile: have u done the second level? Tell me what kind of penguins you would like to see, like a king penguin or a nerd penguin, I’ve got a lot of goofy ideas anyway so give me anything

1 Like

Ligma penguin

He is infected with the ligma disease and spreads it to the enemies

1 Like

I have got the virus penguin for that
IMG_20221012_175027

4 Likes

Yeah so ligma could be the virus then?

1 Like