Alpaca Reviewing Station

I also need help on a glow in the dark kind of like Ducky but I can’t figure out how, I also want a checkpoint that saves and when you die you respawn there

2 Likes

I mean, I already got a stripper penguin, so why not

1 Like

and do u guys have any tips for making the background to not blend in with the actual in-game sprites?

1 Like

Ask @Pixel_Name1, the creator of Ducky. Also, please don’t go off-topic anymore.

2 Likes

Hi, I would appreciate if you made your own topic for details about your game. I want to try and keep this topic to my reviews and others feedback of them.

For details about other creators games you can check out their threads. To help speed up your research here is the link to the post for the lighting system. (It’s just a sprite with Blend applied to it)

3 Likes

ok, sorry, oh wait, this is off topic, I swear this won’t happen again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here is a game that I plan on reviving at some point. Once you reach a specific point the game just kinda ends, but it’s still fun.

3 Likes

I am addicted Iove this game

2 Likes

Amazing ball game sir/ma’am/cactus/attack helicopter.

5 Likes

I’m making a new game AND it will be right here before your very eyes, ready to be seen by the Judge, Jury, and Executioner himself, Alpaca.

2 Likes

Thank you for being so patient with me and keeping this thread alive, development on my game has been slower than I would like (from both irl stuff and procrastination on my part), but progress is still being made each day and so far things seem to be going well

1 Like

You got this. We will all happily wait for reviews! Good luck with that game!

2 Likes

123456789 = !@#$%^&*( on the keyboard.
(just tryna keep it living)
:+1:

4 Likes

keep dis toopic alive!!!

4 Likes

This topic will Live foreverrrrrr!!!

2 Likes

Idle Balls v1.1 by Galaction

Reviewed by CodeAlpaca

Art

What I like about the Art

1. Art style is pretty consistent, but I do think pixel size could have been more consistent

What about the Art could be better

1. The upgrade shop needs to be easier to read. Currently, it’s very dark and hard to read. (I know you’re trying to show which upgrades you can buy, but there are better ways to do this)
  2. The color palette is a bit bland, I would have preferred a more vibrant color choice.

Art Score: 5

Fun

What about the game is Fun

1. It is pretty fun trying out new balls and trying to figure out which one is the best.

What aspects could be changed to make it more Fun

1. A description of what the balls do and what they are called. You already have this written in the description, but it would look better if there was an in-game version of this. I also wouldn’t blindly buy balls without knowing what they do.
  2. A more intuitive system for the rebirth modifier.
  3. There is a bug which makes some bricks not solid, this prevents me from playing the game pretty much. (At least you are able to reload the game)

Fun Score: 6

Sound

What about the Sound I like

1. The music is nice, very calming, and feels like idle music

What parts of the Sound could be better

1. The breaking sound should be a little louder when compared to the music
  2. I think there should be a sound for damaging the tile (This could only be for clicks if you wanted. I understand for performances reason though why this may not be implemented for the balls)
  3. The laser sound can get a little annoying

Sound Score: 7

Creativity

What I think is Creative

1. Not many idle games that I know of on flowlab.
  2. All the balls are pretty interesting

What could be improved

1. Not really sure, pretty standard idle game

Creativity Score: 6

Overall

Art Score: 5, It’s not great and could definitely be better, but it works well enough.
Fun Score: 6, It’s pretty fun figuring out what the balls do, but after that the game can get a bit repetitive just waiting for more money.
Sound Score: 7, music fits well and the other sounds are decent
Creativity Score: 6, pretty standard idle game.

Final Score: 6,

pixil-frame-0 (8)

@Galactian There’s only so far an idle game can go, but it’s pretty decent.

7 Likes

Very late in coming due to focusing on something really complicated and now being in the cotton game jam. but as all youtube comments say.

Finally, it’s here

4 Likes

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA It must LIVE!

3 Likes

givv it CPR

2 Likes

LLLIIIVVVEE AGAIN!!! this post will live on!

1 Like