Billy The Kid - Announcement and Updates

I initially demanded money but it’s not letting me choose again after the dialogue played.

2 Likes

Nice job @Greggo - I added this game to the featured list, so it’s at the top of the games page right now.

4 Likes

@_GAMOOG - I’ve looked into the issue and fixed it up. Thanks for showing me the problem!

@grazer - Thank you so much! I was hesitant to ask about featuring the game because I wasn’t sure if it was ready but I’m glad you think it’s up to snuff :smiley:

4 Likes

Very nice!

I was kind of worried when I saw this game on here, as I have my own idea for a western themed game (that I thought of before I even joined Flowlab, so not a plagiarism thing)…

Though I’m pretty sure my idea is different enough than yours that we wouldn’t be “competing directly” :slightly_smiling_face:

And besides, my demo version is probably not even going to be ready for release until sometime in 2022 anyway…

4 Likes

No worries! I love a good western so I look forward to your project!

4 Likes

HOW HAS I NOT SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN DIS

4 Likes

Don’t hold your breath as it’s in line behind at least 2 or 3 other projects. It’s all headcanon right now. Think Red Dead Redemption meets Monopoly (the board game). LOL. I know, doesn’t really make sense… but hopefully it will when I get around to making it.

3 Likes

I completely forgot this game came out today. It looks amazing and I’m excited to play! Also, congrats for your second, I think, featured game :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Glad you’re excited @MelloJello and you’re correct, it is my second featured game (and hopefully not the last :wink:)

3 Likes

I still have zero featured games :cry:

I was kind of hoping that my current project might make the cut, but then some famous Flowlabbian goes and makes a game with a similar (different, but still similar) theme of the one I’m still working on, and I’m all the way back to zero again. :man_facepalming:

Little voice in my head says, “we need to make something completely different!” Yeah, my luck, I’ll spend 2 months or so working on a project only to have one of the forum’s most famous top ranked artist GOAT developers release something ‘similar’ 2 days before I’m ready to release mine…

giphy

4 Likes

Should I ask what that game was?

2 Likes

I recently started working on a war game that will have planes, tanks, and ships. Then some famous Flowlabbian goes and drops a warplane game when my demo isn’t even 25% finished.

The games themselves are very different in many ways, but there’s no way anyone is going to bother playing mine vs. theirs.

Soooo… scrap project? Start over with something different? Or keep working on something that nobody will ever see anyway?

3 Likes

Change the theme to future tanks instead of real-life ones that were actually used in wars. That’ll bring something unique that people can’t get from bmarzi’s game.

2 Likes

That’s a completely different project idea for me altogether (I have more ideas than I have time to make them)…

I was going to make a futuristic war game also, with mech robots and android warriors and tanks with frickin laser beams on their heads and…

halfway through project, another famous Flowlab dev creates a game with mech robots and android warriors and tanks with frickin laser beams on their heads

:neutral_face:

Um…

1 Like

I also have zero featured games :frowning:

2 Likes

Hey @TGW, I wouldn’t worry to much about having a similar theme as some other game - lots of games have very similar themes.

The criteria for getting a game featured is pretty much:

1. Game is “complete” - it has a title screen, enough levels/variation to be interesting, has an end screen rollup, sound effects and music, etc
  2. Game “works” - it doesn’t have lots of obvious or game breaking bugs that keep it from being playable and fun
  3. Game “looks good” - it has a unique (or at least consistent) art style and color palette, not using default sprites, etc
4 Likes

Ah ok, I just thought it was whatever fit your fancy lol

Nice job, @Greggo! This is great!
My only complaint is the need to start all over once you’ve died.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair it kind of is :slight_smile:

Pretty much I just played this game and liked that it had an interesting game mechanic (using choices instead of dexterity) that isn’t taken advantage of very often.

There are probably lots of games that deserve to be featured, but I just don’t happen to stumble across them, or I don’t realize they are finished, etc.

3 Likes

download (3)
Fair enough, it does seem you “check out” games more when it’s paid though. I think you should check out @ManiacPumpkin’s games, they deserve a feature. And not skipped over like last game jam, that was just depressing. @AbstractGallery and @glowbug are also pretty good.

2 Likes