Dungeon Defenders Inspired game

And as for pathfinidng, we’ll make short work of that. When I have more free time Ill go through it with JR_01 on Discord but check out other games that may be similar to ours on flowlab, i’m sure there is a ton. Try to gather ideas and since you’re like the leader of this project you come up with ideas and stuff fir us to do next.

But i’m going by the original game, It should be a wheel when you press a button, so you can do that anytime.

Oh okay, that should be okay to code, maybe you can work on that? I can help with UI Art as well. I added some nice tiles in the backdrop, take a look!

I tried to make a simple pathfinder but I suck at it

@The_KWASM This may help:

Its for a platformer but it can be tweaked for top down, and instead of the player emitting this you can place it! Try it!

1 Like

well what is the path finding for?

The enemies. Like dungeon defenders they all need to start somewhere and make there way towards the object we are defending

well you could make a line of objects leading to the guarded object have the enemy face and follow it and then attack the guarded object when close enough

1 Like

@ManiacPumpkin @GGSTUDIOS @The_KWASM and anyone else here BIG update!

So I think @The_KWASM finally perfected the Pathfinding thibg which is excellent so I sprites our first enemy! Please take a look and see the animations.

Also, the “defence” item has health and a fail code, as well as the player additionally getting a health bar. Tell me what you think!

This is amazign the only problem is if they get knocked off the trail, and they don’t target the player. But other than that great work. And the animations and sprite work are great too.

1 Like

So, what is everyone else doing, because it kind of feels like its just me and @The_KWASM doing everything. @ManiacPumpkin I know you said you were busy so when do you think you can lend a hand? @GGSTUDIOS Anything from you?

Also I was going to sprite the defended thing but I don’t know what it should look like. It should be about the same size but looking like what, it can’t be a crystal.

Also we need the defence mechanics done now that enemies and player code is mainly done so there is that too, I assume @The_KWASM will hop on that with me,

And finally we need a proper name for our game. We agreed on the word “Gaurdians” so maybe Gaurdians of [Made Up name of Kingdom] or [name of Artifact], or somethibg like that.

I’m not working on other classes until the base character the male paladin is complete.

Edit: I’m also gonna work on creating some music for the game too, and I’ll run it by @The_KWASM to see if it should be added, I promise the music won’t be horrible or basic.

1 Like

You’re doing a lot of great work i’ve been busy too, and I will work on defenses now. And I truly don’t know what to make the defended object, maybe it’s a relic like you said.

1 Like

I’m a little too busy to directly work on the game at the moment, sorry. As soon as I am able to I will start working on what I can. Until then, count on me for ideas!

1 Like

for me I have class until around 2:00 to 2:45

1 Like

Yeah I could possibly do something sometime today, but you might have to give me a task since I have no idea who’s doing what and stuff. I’ll go on there right now and see what I can do, sorry for putting most of the work on you and Lexmaier06.

1 Like

I could work on some of the walls. I noticed that you just have default sprites as a temporary boundary so I could work on that if you want, similar to how I have it in my game, plus it gives the game more of a 3-D aspect to it if its a top-down game, if you want.

Umm I’m pretty sure a paladin does not use a hammer. They mostly use a sword and shield combo or polearms, axes, and maces. Not hammers.

Also Paladins do not use ranged weapons.

Hey also if this is a tower defense based game, then why are all the characters platform based and not top down movement based?

Well the game is still in development so I wouldn’t point out too many things cause I’m sure most of those are still getting updated.

1 Like