Dungeon Defenders Inspired game

Yeah, I was going to say something about that, but I though they were still being worked on so I didn’t think to much of it.

Edit: Also does the character seem to work better?

1 Like

Yes, it is much better (The character), i can’t fix the up path, I think it’s bugged.

The way the map is sat up, maybe try making it so that once it collides with the up path it will stop any other path from making it move so it goes straight up and no where else.

Okay I fixed it. For some reason the proximity wouldn’t work so I just added a collider behavior to it and it seems to work just fine.

2 Likes

Wow, sorry I missed some stuff guys! The movement is much better as is the pathfinding! I did this some time ago but I perfected the defence wheel system! @ManiacPumpkin @The_KWASM Now when you kill an enemy they drop resources that you will need / use for making the defences with random drop rates! Works amazingly!

Now I just need to finish this by adding a chest that gives the player 10x of wood and stone, 8x Iron, 4x Gold and 1x Flame Ruby. For anyone wandering why I haven’t done some more sprites for the paladin recently (I have to sprite his death and him using the defence wheel) Its because spiting on my Chromebook is hell and I will do it on my desktop when I have extra time so it’s coming soon :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @The_KWASM @ManiacPumpkin I coded in everything and there still seems to be a problem. In the game you collect resources to use the defences on the defence wheel. I coded this in with a bundle saying if you have __ of __ than you can use that, but I ran into a problem, as there are usually too connected with an AND Logic gate, but that activates if you have one out of two of the materials because it still goes into it, can someone fix this as the numbers go into the negatives when this happens.

? im confused

Basically @GGSTUDIOS To use a defence you might say for example need 6 Iron and 4 wood right? You would need both to use the defence, but when you have enough of one, lets say you have enough wood but not iron when you click it it still activates because you have enough of at least one, but its meant to be when you have enough of both.

are you sure because I’ve looked at the code and tested it and this never happened to me

@GGSTUDIOS Go on the level, kill all the goblins, and you will most likely have about 4 wood. Open the defence wheel with “O” and click the canon, and see what I mean

nothing

@The_KWASM @ManiacPumpkin @GGSTUDIOS Well I have added the supply chest finally which gives you some helpful materials so now that’s finally done! Click on the chest to get supplies and then use them to make some cool defences!

1 Like

@GGSTUDIOS @ManiacPumpkin @The_KWASM @JR01 So, I uh ran into a few problems again, and its really frustrating.

I added an option to refund defences by clicking and it doesn’t want to work. Weather* it wont allow me to click the icons, glitches when I try to use the screen expander and doesn’t work. In the “Canon” and “Celestial Rod” when you click them it gives and alert and should send a message to the male and female paladin and delete itself, and yet does neither.

I can explain all of your problems.

1. the cursor you have blocks you from clicking on other objects

2. its sending a message but they were different, the message sent was Canon Salavged, and the mail box had Canon Salvaged

3. the delete behavior was wired in a way where the game would delete it when the pause input was activated on the 2nd pause behavior, but that never happens so it never activates

2 Likes

Oh yes, just a note, I have a collection on over 5000 sound effects for any occasion. So if you need anything, just @ me with whatever things need em

1 Like

Are they Royalty Free? @spencertheball

@The_KWASM @ManiacPumpkin @GGSTUDIOS @spencertheball So guys a big part of the game is done, the game play works and so does the core assets of the game are complete so we need to move forward. The defences and defence wheel works amazingly, as does the enemies and player and the Artifact is mainly done.

@The_KWASM I said that I won’t work on other characters until the paladins code is completely or mainly done, so I need you to give your final opinion on the character.

He has 2 attacks, can dash, and has a proper respawn mechanic and a lot more. When he is done I will use his code as a base for all the other characters, so are you happy with this as the final result? Anything you wanna add or discuss?

Because doing all the other classes is the next main step for the game, once thats done another major pillar of the game will be done, so thats priority.

Also we should add animated portals that the enemies spawn from, So i’ll get on that.

Another thing I wanted to bring up was the levels. I think that our current level is okay but too small and way too hard for a first level, so maybe extend it and make it a future level, so there is that.

We need to also come up with additional features that makes the game both harder and more interesting as well, so there is that.

1 Like

Sorry I haven’t been Active. I think the Paladin should get a special move as well, something that takes time to recharge. But other than that, I would continue and make more characters, but maybe first more levels, and get a better level layout.

1 Like

Sounds good. All though I probably won’t be of much help since I’m currently reviving an old game, but I’ll still be around if you need anything. Also Christmas break is coming pretty soon for me and I probably won’t be able to get on for like two or three weeks, but I’ll check the forums occasionally so I won’t be totally inactive.

1 Like

yeah same, I’ll try and pull my weight after break, my families kinda stressed during december. Also we need to start working on waves, I forgot about that.

2 Likes