Flowjam 2020 Discussion [Winner Announced]

Help me I have a coders block help me I don’t know what to do there’s so much to do that I don’t know what to do.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

EVERYTHING IS GONE!!!

lets goo working on the project all ready!

I hope to have a chance winning this, we all do!
But if I don’t win, I would prefer if grazer left some kind of feedback as to why it did not win.
Good luck to everyone!
@grazer

The rules say:

Although all entrants can vote on the game submissions, Grazer will have the final say on the official winner.

So there will be voting (everyone who enters a game will get one vote) like the previous community Flowjams. I expect that there will be a clear winner who gets the most votes, and it will be obvious who should win.

The reason the rules say I’m selecting the winner is just to deal with cases where there is not a clear winner due to lack of votes, a tie, or some sort of voting shenanigans or something else I’m not thinking of. It’s not my intent to directly choose the winner myself unless I have to.

This was the best system I could come up with, and hopefully everybody thinks it’s a fair approach.

If I do end up selecting a winner myself, I’ll certainly explain why and how I selected that particular game.

Also, I imagine that there will be discussion here on the forums about the games, so that should provide some feedback for everyone as well.

Whew! Pulled a late one tonight. I drew sprites all day while I was bored at work and spent all night cutting all those bits of animation out of the game because it was too clunky and was just as fun without all the different angles. Oh well. I’m happy with my progress so far!

@grazer hi, I like the way you are thinking that the comunity should decide who wins. But I do see an issue with that, because I believe that a lot of people will vote for a game made by a popular/experienced developer. And Im afraid people who is not very active in the comunity wont have a chance. This is just my concerns, and I dont know if this will be the case, but it is maybe worth considering.

im kind of a beginner, (still using the free version) but im still so excited for this!!!

@grazer the midnight on Tuesday 21 deadline. Is that 12:00am Monday night? Or do you mean 11:59pm Tuesday and we have all of Tuesday to work too?

@todorrobot - the deadline will be Tuesday the 21st, just before midnight. This means you’ll have all day Tuesday to finish up your game if you like.

hey grazer is it possible to change my user name cause I miss spelled it

also flowjam is pretty lit

duuuuuude this’ll be awesome! Game on!

oh yeah do you have a game for flowjam

@grazer ok sry

Are you allowed to use existing behaviour bundles that you made before the jam?

My friend’s computer wont let him vote either, I thought it was because he had free version tho

yes I want to change my username

@gamerztrio - yeah, you can use existing behaviors. @jessetime360 or @GrimProdutionZ - make a new thread and post the usernames you want and I’ll change them.