Ghost Gunner - Dev Log

Other then broke the game? its easy just sit in a corner and spam shoot XD because the ghosts dont show up randomly you can just hide in a corner and spam shoot them, it will break the game but it works xD

2 Likes

yo i’m second place, never expected to be this high up

i’m somehow higher up than greggo lol, and i didn’t cheese it

1 Like

QUICK UPDATE

• You can now reload with R, Space, and Right Click

• Enemy spawn locations are randomized for Gauntlet Mode

Thanks @PhantomWolfMoon for the Gauntlet feedback!

5 Likes

Oooo nice that should help not being able to hide and your welcome!

1 Like

The timer used in the intensity bundle inside of the enemy spawner decreases the time between enemy spawn, and since it doesn’t stop the delay becomes 0, meaning instantaneously.

1 Like

Time to grind WR

1 Like

It’s been a pleasure helping out on this!

2 Likes

Slight problem, the animation for your health bar doesn’t reset in the next round of gauntlet until you get hit

3 Likes

I just got to the end of this game - absolutely amazing job, great use of lighting, love the spritestacked guns, etc etc.

Mini-bug report: The gun doesnt aim at the mouse if the mouse stays still. you can solve this by making globals of the mouse’s X and Y and constantly extracting them. the gun just teleports a little if i hold my mouse still lol.

Awesome game, can’t way for grazer to feature it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

ok, so quick bit of feedback, i think there should be some sort of cooldown on reloading since currently you can just spam reload and endlesly shoot

3 Likes

@sup3r87 thanks for the bug report! I never noticed that issue. I’ll get to fixing it. Also I appreciate the feature nomination :blush:

@paisleypug That’s a good idea and would make the reload mechanic feel a bit more worth while lol

4 Likes

Totally not what ive been doing lol

1 Like

Leaderboard will probably be unchanging with delayed reload

1 Like

Here is an idea, make it so you can see the leaderboard without having to go to the gauntlet

Happy Halloween, gang! :jack_o_lantern:

After Ghost Gunner released I decided to take a bit of a break but I’m getting right back to working. As some of you may have noticed, there is now a delay when reloading so you can’t just spam it. A lot of what I’m gonna be working on won’t just be bug fixes and whatnot. I’ve still got plenty planned for the game so I hope you look forward to it!

Hope you’re all enjoying the holiday that inspired the game!

8 Likes

no offense but you are totally forgiven if the gun has a cool animation for reloading
Doom Slayer GIF - Doom Slayer Reload GIFs
Animation reference

2 Likes

Wow this game seems to be doing good. Good game!

1 Like

I didn’t think about that lol. I’ll see if I can come up with something but the gun is sprite stacked so it’s gonna be a bit of work.

4 Likes

Hmmm yeah. I was half joking, but it’d be nice to have a reload animation. Like I’m one to talk lol.

3 Likes