💬 Label/Dialogue Bundle - Last update?

How do I add boundaries?

3 Likes

Hey bro, literally ran into the same problem today.
Previous versions of the Bundle had “new line” feature, but the current One doesnt have it, Sorry.
You have to do one line at a time.

I even tried to use the existing logic to build it back up but it needs time and work.

3 Likes

Well, what I was thinking was making a limit to the letter sprite itself by a extracting a starting x value(variable P) and adding its positions with a equation block connected to a global(the global would be how many letters there are) with something like A+3—> +x(position) and then a filter with P+(global*2) as a filter telling it to down a line by using a the person who spawned it to spawn all others with that logic(-50+y??) But the problem is words and how you might break them and form random gibberinh

2 Likes

Oh, but there is a empty space thingy, so we could put a logic gate with it having to be a space signifiying another word and it exceeding the borders, I just need to know where to find the amount of characters inputed

2 Likes

Okay, I made some stuff so that the text centers and doesn’t go off the screen

4 Likes

Hey, its been a while but I need to check this out, thanks for sharing!

Recently, I’ve been wondering if I should update this Bundle or make it using Attached Labels.
Using Labels has its advantages, now that it inherits everything from the object, but Im not sure.

3 Likes

:gear: New Update Coming for Label Bundle! - Label Bundle V2 WIP :sparkles:

Hello! So, it’s been a while but I got some free time (I procastinated instead doing something more important) and decided to try my idea of improving this bundle.
I’ve been trying a new approach that used Attach instead of the Spawn behavior.
Due to a recent Flowlab update (origin points), we can have a lot more control over attachments and more!

Right now, it’s already x100 times lighter (than v1), as it got the base done with a lot less logic.
This new approach is going to make things way more accessible to tinker with and add stuff too, like Text Alignment options and more effects!

I also got the bases for “Text Alignment” & “Line Breaks”!
Two things that weren’t available on V1 :wink:
Label Bundle v2 progress

Still needs some work, but it’s great to see my quick progress on what was such an enduring task before.
The V1 also kinda broke over time, especially with all the missing links bug that was haunting this bundle before.

But yea, just wanted to let you guys know and see your thoughts!
If you have suggestions for additions that weren’t on V1 and would like to have them, let me know!

8 Likes

Is it possible to do branching dialogue trees with this? (You know, “Do you want pizza” “yes/no”)

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s basically the exact same as using a label. So just replace the label with this system

1 Like

Hi @Spongefile , thanks for commenting!
It is possible, indeed! But it may require you to add some simple extra logic.
The example includes a “Dialogue Text Bundle” that allows you to circle through Lines of text at once, like a dialogue.

Dialogue Text Bundle:

Logic inside the bundle:

You can set the dialogue lines inside the List behavior:

A dialogue tree logic could be done with something like this:

The Mailbox sets the “direction” of the Router depending on the Player’s answer.
This is just one way, but there are plenty of other ways to achieve this with the bundle.
Do it in the way that best fits your game/flow. :+1:

5 Likes

Great! I’ve been trying to figure out an easy way to do dialogue trees for a while now–it really brings games alive if you can have a conversation with a character that changes things.

6 Likes

Hi everyone!

@Recryptech released his own version of the Label Bundle!

It’s a way better version of this Bundle with a lot more features, so def check it out if you are looking for a Label bundle for your project.

I added a small message to my game:

Check out RecrypText here:

I will now stop the development of the v2 for this Bundle.
But don’t worry because the RecrypText bundle got you covered!
And there will be more examples from me in the future (and that will possibly pair incredibly well with recryptech’s bundle :slight_smile: )
Gotta love Open Source Projects & (indirect) Collaboration ayyy! :heart:

10 Likes

very nice, thanks for posting!

6 Likes

I love Recryptext!

4 Likes

RecrypText, XD. Nice!

5 Likes

Aw, thanks! I’m glad we were able to bounce ideas to provide these resources to the community! Looking forward to the projects you have in store :eyes:

3 Likes