Making A Pokemon Game

And this would be really cool for a pokemon game since you can evolve/customize pokemon for cooler and more advanced battle mechanics

6 Likes

pokemon is a lot more complex than that, there’s status effects, buffs and debufs, moves have limited use and also items exist, there’s a lot of strategic depth actually

3 Likes

oh and also i forgot to mention abilities

2 Likes

Don’t forget held items, Z-Moves, evolutions, Mega evolutions, lore, and the new crystal thing from scarlet and violet

4 Likes

Oh god I just realized that I have to add ALL OF THAT ;-;

2 Likes

lol yeah, basically pokemon has a lot of strategic depth, oh and also there’s natures and Iv’s and Ev’s

3 Likes

Nah bro you don’t. Just add the basics. @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time summoning (a Pokémaniac seems like a knowledgeable person when it comes to Pokémon).

3 Likes

yea, I’d say focus on the main aspects first, and then add extras

3 Likes

Randomization is gonna kinda be a thing in Ducky it just will be with the cards though.

4 Likes

Nice, so like cult of the lamb where you can get buffs do boost your build?

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve actually walked my first cult of lamb video saturday and their idea is really similar to mine. Also off-topic if you wanna discuss Ducky move to my topic :slight_smile:

2 Likes

oh shoot, I just realized this is pokemon, sorry!

1 Like

I have a pokemon for you!
I tried to name it in a japanese name but I really dont know how to…Even though I know Japanese…

2 Likes

The Fahrolf
Element Type: Fire

Imformation: This pokemon body is made of lava for it’s first form. This pokemon lives in volcanoes or near one and gets it’s energy from eating fireberries. Yes fireberries.
It’s second from is made out of exquished lava(Sorry for my spelling still learning) it’s def is high and its attack is kinda slow but powerful. It’s third form is lava and magma. When he hits it’s enemies, they take dmg and get knockout quick.

4 Likes

There really isn’t slow attacks in Pokemon cause it’s a turn based game right?

You could have an ability that takes two or more turns to charge up.

1 Like

Oh, ok I didn’t really know for sure

1 Like

Yeah a move like Solar Beam that takes 2 turns to use, or something like Hyper Beam where after you use the move you must rest and do nothing the next turn

Or even an ability like Truant that only lets that pokemon move every other move, but the power of it’s moves is increased

1 Like

Hello everyone! I am back. To be honest, I don’t have anything to announce. Just saying hi. I’m working on the battle system, which is a lot harder than I thought it would be. I have scrapped some ideas on how to get it working, and so far this is attempt 3. I just really wanna be done with this soon, because then I can work on the cool part, Pokemon! Thanks for keeping this devlog alive while I was gone.

2 Likes