New Update: "My Games" page overhaul

Earlier today I deployed a new version of the My Games page with a new look, some new features, and some other site tweaks:

• New My Games page (obvs)
  • New my games url: https://flowlab.io/games/mine (old one still works too)
  • New games url: https://flowlab.io/games (old ones still work)
  • Game Tags
  • Organize your games display using tags
  • Special “Archive” tag to hide old/completed games from your My Games page
  • Game play analytics by week/month/year (Indie only)
  • Can view games per team
  • New “edit” url (instead of “view”)
  • Deleted games now go into a “Recycle Bin” when deleted, and can be restored (for a limited time)

Please check it out and let me know what you think, and if you have any feedback or issues.

Thanks!

24 Likes

awsome!

5 Likes

Nice! Only things that seemed to stand out were these:

• Analytics don’t show anything - yet. I’m guessing this will show you player interactivity from now on, not from the past. Still great to have though, I really like this being a feature.
  • Adding tags can get a little annoying going back and forth from the menu. Gets the job done tho. I also think that there should be some more suggested tags (for me, story-driven would be great - interactive story didn’t really fit into some of my tags)

Great update for the most part!

9 Likes

Thumbs up

3 Likes

Analytics should be showing for games that have gameplay events, I enabled the metrics tracking a couple of weeks ago, so if you have games that have been getting plays but the metrics are not showing, then let me know. Of course, any brand-new games will not have data yet. Also keep in mind that the metrics can sometimes take a long time to load, so if they are completely blank maybe it just needs a bit more time to show up.

Yeah, adding tags isn’t the most streamlined process in the world, but I figured that it’s typically not something that will happen all that often. If it turns out to be more clunky, I can improve it. I’ll also likely some additional tags, but I’ll take a bit of time to collect feedback first.

Thanks!

[EDIT]

Also bear in mind that the metrics are not real-time. The events are ingested and processed, and thre reports are cached, so the information can be up to several hours behind.

6 Likes

Very cool game engine grazer.

1 Like

Maybe make the analytics easier to read? Because I have a hard time reading them.

Seems like a great addition (yet again). :tada:

4 Likes

Updatebots, roll out!
Transformers Optimus Prime GIF - Transformers Optimus Prime Lets Roll GIFs
(I like this update more than words can describe)

2 Likes

New tag ideas:

• Fangame
  • Meme
  • Fashion
  • Comedy
  • Simulator
  • Third person

I believe that these categories may be beneficial to Flowlab game developers. I make fangames and meme games, many people make simulators, fashion and comedy are both descriptive categories, and first person is already there so third person would probably fit as well.

3 Likes

Thanks for the amazing update, Grazer!

2 Likes

i prefer the ould on, it looked cooler

I honestly LOVE the new design for the new games page better than the old one

1 Like

I was wondering why Optimus was displayed here

New changes have been deployed to the Flowlab Game Creator by grazer. Flowlabots, roll out!

1 Like

Flowlabticons, Retreat!

1 Like

Jaw dropped.

Does this have to do with the new update?:

I have 5 GAMES! I have no idea how. Two of them are team games, maybe that has something to do with it. Before, the team games counted as my games, even when I wasn’t the host or creator.

I can join the game Jams now! I noticed this after the update.

1 Like

Yep, It’s the new layout

1 Like

I wasn’t talking about the new game layout. The team games (The ones that I’m working with others on) don’t count as my games. They used to but not now.

1 Like