Official Summer ☀️ Flowjam 2021 Discussion

I feel you. I haven’t made much progress the past few days, and I’m running out of level ideas.

1 Like

https://flowlab.io/flowjam/entries

[EDIT] - maybe I shouldn’t be commenting on the games. I don’t want to potentially taint people’s opinions. I dunno.

My only suggestion: maybe disable swiping (or bone breaking) until the tutorial messages are over - I died like 10 times before I decided to be patient and wait for the messages to complete :smiley:

4 Likes

The only things I don’t like about the game are the hitbox sizes (they’re too big) and the movement speed, it’s not very friendly to any new players, especially a jam game where most people will play the game once, vote, and never play again.

2 Likes

hitbox size on the player?

2 Likes

That or the enemies

The only problems I had with the game were the visibility issues with the blood effects and a few bugs that were later fixed. But other than that, the review I left for the game put it at a very high chance of winning the FlowJam.

3 Likes

ITS OFFICIAL GUYS!!!

I’m officially out of the floojahm (gotem)
I just didn’t have the time, but I did learn some stuff (I guess)
Whatevs. It will be fun to play everyone’s games!

GOOD LUCK YALL!!!

5 Likes

I literally was tempted to ditch the entire thing to after seeing some other peoples games, but I still want there to be the first free edition winner on the flowjam. I don’t even care if its me or not, I just want to see if it can be done.

5 Likes

I would like to see that as well. Except that um… I already purchased Indie, and my game is probably going to have more than 5 total levels and 50 total objects in it…

(I’m just hoping to get recognized for creating something worth playing for once)

EDIT: Yep, definitely more than 50 objects. I’ve got 82 so far and plan to add probably at least a couple dozen more.

3 Likes

When will I lose edit access to my game after I submit it?

2 Likes

In past flowjams, you can continue editing until the reviewing starts.

2 Likes

i have typed in my address incorrectly in the game jam submission< is there any way to fix it?

3 Likes

You could always just email @grazer about it, although I don’t know his email, but as long as your email or phone number is in there then grazer could contact you if the address is wrong or something.

3 Likes

Does anyone have the link to the submission page? (i mean the pages that shows the games submitted)

2 Likes

I think you can only view submitted games when you submit your own.

3 Likes

That’s odd, there should be an option on the flowjam webpage.

1 Like

No, otherwise everyone’s alt accounts can vote and/or influence things.

4 Likes

Then how else are we supposed to vote for games or see submissions…?

is there going to be a button for people who submitted… or what?

1 Like

Here ya go:

6 Likes

Only participants can vote

5 Likes