Official Summer ☀️ Flowjam 2021 Discussion

You could always just email @grazer about it, although I don’t know his email, but as long as your email or phone number is in there then grazer could contact you if the address is wrong or something.

3 Likes

Does anyone have the link to the submission page? (i mean the pages that shows the games submitted)

2 Likes

I think you can only view submitted games when you submit your own.

3 Likes

That’s odd, there should be an option on the flowjam webpage.

1 Like

No, otherwise everyone’s alt accounts can vote and/or influence things.

4 Likes

Then how else are we supposed to vote for games or see submissions…?

is there going to be a button for people who submitted… or what?

1 Like

Here ya go:

6 Likes

Only participants can vote

5 Likes

Tic toc! it’s panic o’clock!

7 Likes

I wasn’t panicking until I briefly thought the Flowjam ended tonight. Found out I have until Monday, so that’s good. But then I added a bunch of stuff yesterday and my audios are being buggy today… :grimacing: So yeah. Dilemma. Keep them in and hope that they work after I add all the rest of my stuff? Or remove them all and just add the most important ones to prevent too much overlap (which might be causing the sound crash)? I don’t know… :worried:

I want to keep at least most of the sounds, but I also need a finished playable game that isn’t going to glitch and crash halfway through.

3 Likes

I’m just worried some huge bug will pop up right before the submissions are due

Call it a feature and get the “broken” subtheme XD

3 Likes

If it’s not absolutely necessary, at this point cut it out for sure. We’re in the final stretch and more stuff means more work and more unforeseen work. Just focus on getting what’s absolutely needed out there imo. You can always come back to the game and update it later

6 Likes

Cut anything that isn’t absolutely necessary! Hahahah like the entire cash system and some level transitions. Eeeek!

4 Likes

Remember those run and jump mechanics? Yeah, this isn’t a platformer anymore; headquarters says there’s no time

2 Likes

I was going to join the flowjam, but I couldn’t think of any ideas. So I wasn’t going to.

But, just yesterday I finally had a really good simple idea so i’m giving it a shot!
I only have 3 days though :sob:

8 Likes

I’ve already made stuff that wasn’t “absolutely necessary” because I wanted the game to look like it wasn’t just thrown together in a couple of hours. Plus I keep reading about how important it is for the game to have a beginning, a cohesive story of some kind, and an end, on top of looking nice and being fun and playable… so yeah, I spent a couple of hours making a cutscene story so that people couldn’t claim that there was no story. There’s a story. There’s a credit screen. There’s a playable game that is hopefully addictive and fun. There is music and sound effects, and menus and UI and visual effects all over the place…

… as well as a chance that the whole thing might crash, or glitch, or refuse to load on a device that isn’t able to handle all of that. :confused:

But I’m already in too deep. It’s just a chance I’m going to have to take, at this point. I’ll try to cut out some of the non-essentials, but I can’t cut out too much without it being a sad shell of what I wanted it to be.

6 Likes

Final 24 hours! Hope it’s a strong finish!

6 Likes

Good luck everyone finishing!

4 Likes

I’m in the same boat, everyone’s been really busy and almost wasn’t able to start on it. I’ll have 4 days of work in mine when it’s over, and I work 1 of those days (tomorrow).

Still looking forward of submitting it when it’s in a working state before the deadline, as well as everyone’s else’s game!

7 Likes

Ugh! The more I check off my list, the more keeps popping up that I gotta do. I got a lot of loose ends tied up tonight, but I still have a little heavy lifting ahead of me tomorrow (and hope I don’t screw anything up in the scramble).

7 Likes