☑️ Our fate hangs in the balance: Decision 2020

petition to create option C: better support for absurdly large amounts of objects

@Ramshacklegamestudios Uh yes I know that???

1 Like

oh I was confused because you were talking about how great the sprite editor update would be then said Option A lol

Latif: Praises Option B and doesn’t mention Option A
Also Latif: “Option A with no doubt”
hehe sorry just doing a humor here

I’ll say definitely option A!

I see what you are all saying, and I agree that advance data types is going to be a great idea. But I would prefer to have a sprite editor update first. Part of what has made me less active on Flowlab in recent times is because of a crash that would completely wipe out an objects sprite under certain conditions. I really want this crash fixed right away.
Also, I only really use pixilart.com to draw bigger sprite that are like 560 pixels or something like that. I use the Flowlab sprite editor for smaller sprite, and most of my games are composed of those small sprites. Flowlab’s sprite editor is way easier to work with for me when it comes to small sprites. I just need it to be up to date and less buggy, which is why I chose option B.

1 Like

@spencertheball I wasn’t praising it. I tried to make clear that everything in the sprite editor is already possible by using external software because you can just upload your sprites from your computer.

New datatypes will make things possible that are currently impossible to do. That’ll be a lot more useful to me because I’ll be able to create things I’ve never done before in flowlab. What does a new sprite editor do? Maybe save me a bit more time when I make a sprite. I don’t really need that. It would be nice, but it’s less priority in my eyes.

Just use pixilart instead until it does get the update, its literally just a switch of tabs. I know its annoying but when it comes to something we have an alternative for vs something we dont have all together we have to pick the one that makes more sense

1 Like

Okay, I guess I’ll try. It’s better than nothing.
It looks like option A is going to win in a landslide. @grazer, I don’t mean to be impatient, but how long would you estimate that the update will take?

@MetaNinja I also think the same thing. Our Sprite Editor does need an update.

Whats the next update:

HMM

:open_mouth:

Shader effect or plugin for cool screen effects or objects effects.

:crazy_face:

Just do all of it smh
is a joke plz dont kill me

Font Import, GalaxianGames and GrimProductionZ like that idea

or use librasprite basically a free aseprite just downloaded it

Why Not Both A And B

why not just download librasprite?its free and works with cromebook see:

@pixelknife31they will both get done, this is about which is done first.

2 Likes

I think that their both great ideas, but riht now, I really wish there were more ways to create sprites, it’d really help, especially a better color pallete so i can make shadows and effects and stuff that I do on paper.It doesent have to look like it was drawn on paper but more options would really help :slight_smile:

I’ve closed the poll after one day and 30 votes. Option A - Advanced Data Types is the clear winner with nearly double the votes. It started out way ahead and stayed that way, so I don’t really expect the ratio to change that much over time given the discussion we’ve had.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and thanks for the thoughtful reasoning and feedback. If you wanted option B, don’t be too disappointed - that is currently planned for the following update.

6 Likes

I’m good with this! Can’t wait for it, mainly to see what other people do with it. At that point, I could then learn from them. Thanks for all of the hard work @grazer, anticipating!