Pug's 100% Honest Reviews

Slugs Against Humanity, by @CarbonSoda

Gameplay:
I literally just placed a wizard dude in front of the slugs and now they can’t move, they also can’t die, they’re trapped in an endless purgatory, truly horrific. 20%

Art:
I mean, it’s fine i guess, i liked the title screen animation but other than that, eeeh it’s not that special, the crt filter makes all the sprites look way worse. 30%

Sfx:

0%

Music:
I mean it’s alright. 50%

Overall:
Sorry for the late review, looks like it’s been abandoned. 30%

1 Like

Crap, i can’t edit the post anymore to say it’s not closed. @JR01 could you edit the post to remove the currently closed?

1 Like

you can ping any regular, regulars can edit post titles

1 Like

@paisleypug , I did it. I didn’t even know that was a thing

2 Likes

could i summit my game its not quite done yet Flowlab Game Creator - New Game

1 Like

oooh, i forgot, thanks!

1 Like

I haven’t had regular in a while.

2 Likes

Yeah of course, i’ll get to it real soon!

2 Likes

The Red Blood, by @hi4250five

Gameplay:
It does exist, the monster is too big to effectively chase you through some places, having to push the key is very annoying. 24%

Art:
Justplainop is not a bad artist, the robot sprite looks good, the monster is just a lil cutie, i love him like my newborn son. 45%

Sfx:

0%

Music:
It’s there, i think a droning ambience would make it scarier. 45%

Overall:
The game does exist. 36%

3 Likes

god i love this image

2 Likes

i can tell XDXD

he is suppose to look cute with his top hat

how bowt now Flowlab Game Creator - New Game

@paisleypug
Please review this simple game I made. I will be happy to update it whenever. If you have any recommendations, I’ll add them.

I might make 2 different powers that the player can switch between.

2 Likes

I’ve used the same hp bar for four games now. It’s much more appropriately sized for T/Zero, where some bosses do stuff like:

Impaling you repeatedly against a wall

[video-to-gif output image]

To be honest, the bosses in T/Darkness mostly throw a bunch of things randomly

I have been working on my art skills a bit since I made this game

I definitely didn’t steal the layout of the UI from the old Kirby games.

3 Likes

Can you review this?

2 Likes

yeah ofc, i’ll do it after i do plainop’s game(which is really soon)

2 Likes

I’m really sorry for reviving this topic and doing all this so late but anyway, here’s a review:

Vehicle Battlefield, by @JUSTPLAINOP

Gameplay:
The gameplay is pretty decently enjoyable. The last part has a lot of annoying problems though. First up, it’s really easy to run into an asteroid and rip yourself apart because you didn’t stop moving quickly enough, the player should either be knocked back or the asteroid be destroyed. 67%

Art:
All the player sprites except the last one look great! The the other sprites need work though. There should also be some feedback when damaging an enemy like them flashing white. 65%

Sfx:
There need to be way more. 30%

Music:
It doesn’t fit the game especially well. 45%

Overall:
It’s decently enjoyable, the spritestacking is very well made, the other art isn’t that good though and the lack of sfx for a lot of things make the game feel empty. 52%

5 Likes

Bloom (Bee Haven!), by @Pixel_Name1

Gameplay:
Great gameplay! The general game loop is very fun, although the difficulty exponentially decreases making the late game incredibly boring. 87%

Art:
Absolutely lovely art as always! The animation for when you step in lemongrass and stuff feels very low-effort and annoying tho. I think maybe having the screen zoom in a bit more and making the ease less noticeable aswell as increasing alpha would make it look better, or even better, just remove it! Maybe make the player have a bar that would slowly build up and if it filled up fully the player would die or something! The game would also benefit a lot from juice. 96%

Sfx:

0%

Music:

0%

Overall:
Very good game! Great art and a really fun gameplay loop in the early game! Late game though it gets very boring and the lack of sound effects or juice makes it much less satisfying than it could potentially be! 80%

4 Likes

Thanks for the review!

I’m slowly using my extra objects to improve the art.

Yeah, I’m not the best with sfx.