RamshackleStudios - The Little Dino!

Sorry, no updates today

Not sure about my availability for the next few days either, so expect the next update to come a bit later than usual. For now, you can look at these new sprites to hold you over :slight_smile:
Screenshot 2023-01-19 10.43.21 PM

4 Likes

I am starting to get pokemon vibes :wink:

2 Likes

Jurassicmon

3 Likes

Should have had a pokeball complete the circle, smh.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Jurrassic CrossingMon

2 Likes

Iā€™m currently tweaking the camera, so it is really janky at the moment if you try to play the game. Iā€™ll let you guys know when itā€™s ready!

Keep in mind, even when Iā€™m done with this the game is still completely empty other than a few enemies.

4 Likes

The little Dino is ready for testing!

As Iā€™ve said before, the world is almost completely empty with few things to do at the moment, but I would love to hear any suggestions! And if you come across any bugs please tell me, because I canā€™t fix them if I donā€™t know they exist.

Link

https://flowlab.io/game/play/1815758

1 Like

Made some slight progress using @Samuel_TomĆ©_PixelPizzaā€™s dialog example!

5 Likes

very nice!

3 Likes

So good! I love the Dino Sprites.
Iā€™m so glad the example is being put to good use :blush:

By the way, inside the Label Bundle settings, you can set the Label display order/layer using the respective Number setting.
That way, the text can appear in front of the shop objects and other stuff.

4 Likes

Thank you! As for the layer-order, I honestly didnā€™t even notice that. Iā€™ll definitely fix it when I get the chance!

3 Likes

Update 11/30/2023:

Additions:

• Random spawn points for NPC Dinos (Never spawn close together)
  • Arcade building
  • Arcade interior
  • Arcade manager (Dilophosaurus at front desk)
  • New dialog
  • ATM that ejects money when interacted with based upon balance (You start with 10)
  • Simple XP system (Level ups result in more health being given to the player)
  • Removed the ability to look up, or down using the arrow keys
  • New Dino: Micro-Raptor

Bug Fixes:

• Dixie can no longer target multiple Dinos when attacking
  • Fixed an issue where UI wouldnā€™t fade when defeating a Dino, or fleeing

Thatā€™s all for now, thank you for reading!

4 Likes

Let the theoriest figure this one out.

4 Likes

Hey @Coreplex, Iā€™d be honored if you were to develop a theory on my game! Hihilogicā€™s comment was made before the reboot, so the intro he is referring to is no longer present within the gameā€™s code. Although, if you want to see the old gameplay you can with this link! The little dino update 0 5 test 1 - YouTube
I knew the footage would come in handy some day, and donā€™t worry about spoilers. These endings (and the old story) have been completely retconned, so they will not be representative of the final product. But Iā€™m sure you can draw connections between the old story, and the new one :slight_smile:

5 Likes

little dino ā€œgameplayā€ and lore

3 Likes

Minor Update prioritizing bug fixes:

Additions:

• Raptors may now Graze instead of wander (1 in 35 chance)

Patches:

• Fixed bug where Dixie would target the wrong enemy
  • Fixed bug where Dixie could enter combat, but couldnā€™t attack more than once
  • Fixed bug where Raptor would play the wrong animations
  • Fixed bug where Dinos would spawn next to each other, and infinitely move off screen
  • Fixed Micro-Raptor run animation

Video log of updates and improvements:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started working on the intro, expanded the map, and started adding objects to make the arcade a little bit more interesting (arcade machines are not yet functional)

3 Likes

Ok good, I have a theory to make right now and then I will do yours.

3 Likes

2/2/23 Update:

4 Likes