⚙️Shattering Steel⚙️

Shattering steel is lower than most flowlab games, but it’s also a much more polished game

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re the first to bring up lag in shattering steel, so I’ll look into optimization for sure to see what I can do. Did you have the graphics settings turned up?

2 Likes

I think I turned everything off besides the screen effects

3 Likes

Ok then yeah, I need to look into it even more so then. I’d hate to see what the fps would be with those turned on lol

3 Likes

img_asset_12239502-6.png

Monomotor: Extreme speed, low jump, no abilities

Please rank these boots based on utility and coolness with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best: Monomotor

0 voters

4 Likes

Can you please add a battle pass if it fits the game?

1 Like

6 Likes

img_asset_12239502-5.png

Coiled Legs: Slow speed, high jump, provides a double jump

Please rank these boots based on utility and coolness with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best: Coiled Legs

0 voters

5 Likes

img_asset_12239502-4.png

Hover Fan: Slow speed, average jump, provides a hover ability

Please rank these boots based on utility and coolness with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best: Hover Fan

0 voters

4 Likes

img_asset_12239502-3.png

Thrusters: High speed, average jump, makes the player floatier

Please rank these boots based on utility and coolness with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best: Thrusters

0 voters

5 Likes

Final boot ranking!
img_asset_12239502-2.png

Boom Boots: High speed, high jump, makes the player cause explosions after jumping and landing

Please rank these boots based on utility and coolness with 1 being the worst and 5 being the best: Boom Boots

0 voters

4 Likes

Surprised this is the highest so far, I think of hover boots are more useful, but these ones are definitely cooler

3 Likes

Yeah, I think something about having explosions at your beck and call is just really fun even if it isn’t entirely practical sometimes lol

4 Likes

Well now that boot rankings are done, I can do some fun data manipulation with them to show you guys! I’ll be able to use this info for the next major update too, so stay tuned!

4 Likes

Weapon rankings?
we all know which will win, but since that is basically just a dev tool, i’d like to see what people think of the other weapons

6 Likes

Yep, weapon rankings are next! I’ll be doing those soon, just there’ll be a small break in between to give myself time to make use of the rankings you all submitted

4 Likes

This is why

(people want to make things go boom)

5 Likes

This data is pretty subjective so most of the claims here are mostly based on speculation and hunches as the dev.

Interesting conclusions can be derived from this data. Mostly that the monomotor is pretty underpowered. It’s likely that the order of most playthroughs after the first goes like this for boot progression:

1. Robotreads
  2. Hover Fan/Thrusters
    (Depending on playstyle one may prefer floating or more mobility)
  3. Boom Boots (Optional)

This could mean that the legs directly after the robotreads are mostly ignored and may be seen as a money trap by some.

On an individual basis:

• Robotreads: May be too disproportionately good for their placement in the game and their cost
  • Monomotor: Is not interesting enough and its main upside may also be considered a weakness with the added impairment of low jump height. In a platformer-esque game, losing jump height could be brutal to an item’s usefulness
  • Coiled legs: Average, but may feel worse or less cool due to their slower speed
  • Hover Fan: Balanced fairly well with a good ability. May need some price tweaking
  • Thrusters: Similar to the hover fan
  • Boom boots: Serve their niche well, basically being cooler upgrades of the robotreads. This could introduce problems with outclassing robotreads entirely though, which isn’t necessarily good as I would like every boot type to serve some kind of purpose. If nothing is done about the outclassing of the robotreads, boom boots should be made much pricier to force these boots to be only endgame. This could be played into once upgrade paths become available with robotreads being easy to upgrade to a strong state and boom boots taking much more resources to get going

Regarding new boot types:
It appears to be that the best spots for new boots would be in the range before boom boots, but after coiled legs with some exception made for a pair coming right after robotreads perhaps. Coiled legs and monomotor need major tweaks to better serve their point in progression. There are currently 6 pairs of boots in the game, so adding 4 more to make 10 seems like a good number. If you would like to see the current progress of boot development, feel free to check out the trello, and as always suggestions and thoughts are welcome!

7 Likes

can you add a machine gun?
also can you add a storymode?
@Recryptech

2 Likes

A story is definitely coming, but that will be a bit longer from now as it is a little lower on the priority list. I can definitely consider a machine gun like weapon :+1:

3 Likes