The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

Some new entity ideas I haven’t quite finished yet.

A pair of shoes that once worn the user immediately takes the place of a random perspective in the world until taken off. Although the person you become doesn’t exists, but the lifestyle and situation that perspective is mostly depends on the location and other factors that are yet to be determined. It usually shows how fortunate you are compared to most of the world. This entity ain’t much of a serious one, but it’s a cool concept behind the phrase “put yourself in someone’s shoes”.

Another character would be called Grim (might change). This is another member of New Caben who has the ability of decay on anything it touches. He was originally claimed as Death or grim reaper, but he far from this title. He usually wears a suit and tie along with gloves to protect himself from touching organic material by accident. He works alone or sometimes alongside Orion and Magician.
He can decay even entities, even if they are considered dead. But he has to lay his hand on them and the decay process can take up to minutes depending on the will power of the entity. If contact is broken, the effects are reversed.

I had the idea behind an acoustic guitar that when played, it uses the concept of blues to actually affect the emotions of those around it, but I’m not for sure on this one. It sounds too simple and a bit cheesy.

The last idea isn’t an entity, but with the rise of more profile entities, the foundation soon found another method instead of using Subject: 010.
The Containment division, also known as the SCU, specializes mostly in facility and field missions to protect facility employees and carry out missions to protect citizens.

The Heavy Recontainment Division is adopting a new program called Revival. Soldiers who volunteer for the program can either undergo the surgeries or wait until they are critically injured or beyond reviving from field combat before being sent in. This program allows cybernetic enhancements and/or make the soldier and entirely new body. Minor cases allowed limb replacements, but severe cases have built entire mechs to encase the brain of a partially dead soldier to make them a weapon.

Since this idea went against the foundations code and they initially refused to allow it, many soldiers volunteers since entities have effected their life or killed everything they loved leaving only one goal.

Most of the soldiers mostly get brain implants to allow better reaction time and increase performance most humans cannot carry out. This can be reversed any time unless extensive training has underwent, therefor the brain implant already had made permanent effects to the brain. Removing can damage the soldier and cause brain damage.
These soldiers are powerful enough to take on most entities and surpass most SCU and Faciltiy guards. Whenever one gets injured in battle, their unattainable parts of their body are replaced with cybernetic titanium. Which increases the soldiers performance without mentally harming them. Plus it has revived and even helped many disabled soldiers apart of the foundation. The severe causes where soldiers sustained explosions or organ failure have been completely moved into a vessel called the Peace Keepers. These vessels range from a variety of sizes, mostly to house the technology needed to keep the soldier alive. The largest Peace Keeper is PK-34 Lt. Thrags. The vessel stood at around 3.2 meters in height, or 10.5 feet. He sustained injury from the neck down and was on the brink of death before his brain was removed and placed into the PK-34. This allowed himself to keep alive while the rest of his body was no longer functional. The suit, itself, provided enough sustenances to keep himself alive without a body.
Because of the height advantage and the heavy weaponry he can easily carry, it makes most Peace Keepers easily able to conquer any enemy they face.

The reason the foundation don’t make me mechs for uninjuried soldiers is because having a suit manually operated by a user is much slower and has much hesitation on thinking. Whereas having a suit where the motor functions are connected to the brain directly allow the suit to move almost as fast as their body would during situations. With the technology, it can even move faster than what humans are capable of.

This idea is still pretty dim, but I have a lot more to work out for it. It mostly based on the idea of Dreadnoughts in Warhammer, but not as large.

6 Likes

Entity idea: Supernova dinosaur
a morally gray talking allosaurus that is fluent in numerous languages. He is an expert spaceship builder. please elaborate further feel free.

4 Likes

It’s not a bad idea. Although I’m not quite sure exactly how a dinosaur would be great with components of spacecrafts when an allosaurus is quite large and has pretty small forearms compared to the rest of their body.

I’ll think on the idea.

3 Likes

Also I do have a question for everyone who’s into the lore (or thought about it).

Who (or what) do you think Subject: 000 is? If I’m being honest, the reason I haven’t given solid clues is because I have so many different ideas on this guy that I don’t know exactly which one to stick with. Considering that he has multiple physical forms I can say that all of the ideas would still be logical.

A recap of Subject: 000 is an entity that is basically removed from the database and only select members and a subdivision know about it. He is kept on Site: 012 and was claimed to have started the Site: 012 Incident from within its cell.

The entity is locked away in a private section of the facility that doesn’t exist, publicly. Overseer, Lawrence explained to other site directors and administrators that it gained the lowest number for being the source of it all. It’s currently labeled as a Sub-4 class or Immeasurable entity, making it far more powerful than the human mind can even fathom.

I can’t give too much away on why or how it can be contained for it being so powerful.

I’m not gonna take anyone’s ideas for this, unless it’s super good (surpasses my own), but I want to see how you, the viewer, think of this mysterious entity within the foundation.

2 Likes

Subject: 000 originated from the system NLD-12, the system is now only a dwarf star, but it used to be a host to a planet. Their planet needed to be evacuated due to their sun being near the end of its life.

They set off to several planets that they identified as being able to host life, bringing with them several creatures from their planet. Some ship contained at least 3 of each creature to breed and keep them alive, other ships contained the intelligent life forms. One of the breeding ships landed on what is now considered Earth in the year 7684 BC. Many of these creatures died from the weaker gravity on Earth compared to their home planet or because more oxygen was contained in the air. Many of the creatures evolved into common animals know on earth (such as spiders), but others creatures created by the machine (not sure of subject name) were unable to breed.

Subject: 000 is one of these creatures created by the machine which takes place as the most intelligent creature it finds.

More of a history of how the entities got here and not about Subject: 000

4 Likes

I love this part, lol.

4 Likes

“You can’t have light without darknesa. No matter the amount of good is ever shed on the existence of sentient beings, hatred will always prevail. The very differences between beings causes conflicts. War is always inevitable and they all will keep on fighting these battles until there is a victor. Until one stands up and realizes the destruction and death around them. They have won, but at the costs of lives of many. The humans are a very hostile race and claim we are the monsters. Titanius failed his mission millennia’s ago unlike Mechanum and Collosus. Once they realize the rift, the worlds of Yandiva and many others will perish. They fear us for being different from their world. But their world is but a grain of salt in an infinite sea. Soon, Magnus will rise from the army of Titans and finish what Titanius has failed.”

3 Likes

I got bored after listening to music. This is definitely canon.

5 Likes

For those who are wondering if the game will ever be finished, I have been working on it slightly whenever I am able to. I’m at a point in the game development when I don’t quite know how the rest of the map is gonna be configured and the fact that there is so much more stuff that needs to be added that I don’t have a clue what to actually work on.

The only freetime I have to work on this is at school since I immediately work when I get home, since school doesn’t offer a lot of time, I haven’t worked on large features such as The Blood Knight or any of the endings.

So far the game is pretty short if you know where the items are. I have yet to add random generation of items and so far the only actual gameplay is just nonstop exploration and entity events which can be a pain.

I completely forgot I added Material to the game, so that’s one less thing I have to worry about now.

Also it’s actually been a while since I last edited the code of the game and now I don’t have a clue how any of the code works or where to start fixing bugs and adding more to it. Which is only gonna add more delay to the game.

I plan on releasing a very rough demo sometime this Christmas. Since I no longer have Indie, the game is technically public and anyone can play it, but I ask that you don’t for the time being until I officially release it as public.

7 Likes

Game dev tip, you’ve probably heard of it but don’t go all out all the time. If a project is losing it’s energy, cut features rather than trying to add more. As long as the game’s core loop is there that’s all that matters :slight_smile:

5 Likes

At this point I plan on adding just a few more entities. Once the endings are installed and the game can be fully played from start to finish, I’ll release the game as a demo until I add more stuff later on.

5 Likes

October 25th, 2022. At approximately 02:00, Magnus has landed in the Atlantic Ocean and currently lays dormant. Huge Tsunami’s and hurricanes have been reported on nearby costs of both Africa, North and South America. The titan is approximately 8 kilometers in height, much larger than Titanius and appears to be recovering from the atmospheric entry.

Magnus is of similar origin as Titanius, but shows to be much more advanced than Titanius who is much more ancient. The Foundation dispatched many patrols near the area to monitor any signs of activity and so far Magnus has shown no signs of any abnormal behavior.

I may change the date, not for sure yet.

5 Likes

From now on, Subject: 003 is now going to be classed as Titans instead of Titanius. Since there are hundreds, if not, thousands of these beings that scatter the universal place and so Titanius is now Subject: 003-A and each other discovered gets a new letter added to the end of their name.

Magnus is now Subject: 003-F since there are many others discovered before him.

3 Likes

The Foundation has now learned of Titanius’ location and he is currently heading in the direction of Magnus’ crash sight.

6 Likes

Hey Maniac Pumpkin! Hows your game doing. I see that I have to do a lot of reading. I feel sorry for Coreplex. He has to type a whole year of work. But I guess it’s worth it right?

6 Likes

The game is currently going pretty good. I’ve mostly been focused on the actual story and timeline plus creating entities than mainly focusing on the game itself, but I do plan on releasing a demo or early release this Christmas. Hopefully.

Yeah the story is quite large and I’m still figuring a lot out, lol. Each of the 30+ entities have their own stories and interactions for the foundation. Plus each site, overseer, soldier, etc…

5 Likes

OOF Well Good luck ManiacPumpkin! I can imagine this game on stream, on the news!

**TOP 5 SCP **

The user @ManiacPumpkin creator of Site: 012 incident, work hard to create this amesome game…etc.

3 Likes

SCP was the biggest inspiration for this series. I used to watch youtubers play the game and I even played it myself. I’ve seen great fan games of it and I thought of the idea of creating my own universe (or multiple) in which an underground facility operates by containing anomalous threats that are a danger to our world.

After seeing many different SCP’s with all different abilities I wanted to create my own creatures. I didn’t want to make an SCP fangame with custom characters since I want to be all original. Even though it’s basically a ripoff of SCP, I still find it quite a decent storyline that is slightly different. Mostly Since I want the story to be small enough for people to actually understand it whereas there are thousands of SCP stories. Multiple encounters and tests on the 6000+ SCP’s and a single person cannot keep up with all of that. I want to limit the story and entities enough for people to follow better. Even though currently it may seem quite complicated, but once I figure the story out completely, It should be easy.

5 Likes

I’m also still undecided on a slogan for the Foundation. SCP has Secure. Contain. Protect. but I was thinking of having something similar.

I originally had it as “To protect against them” but it sounds kinda bland and not very catchy so I was thinking on “The Anomalies unheard” which is a little shorter and basically explains what the foundation is.

But I’m still unsure on that one.

6 Likes

This one sounds good

4 Likes