The Scepter Foundation - Refraction

The game is now closed. I also started working on the doors. So far the Horizontal door is somewhat finished. There’s some minor bugs I need to work out, but it works.

I still need to work on the verticals door. Apparently I had two different versions. A locked door, and a normal one. The locked door wasn’t even in the demo and basically is just a space waster.

4 Likes

I had an interesting idea.

I want the game to be kind of unique and I thought of a feature that could make my game apart from SCP.

I know SCP has a clockwork machine that transforms items into different ones depending on what ratio you have set on the knob, but what if I had some sort of machine that’s classified as a subject that can permanent delete entities from all exist, but also create them from any organic matter. Such as using it on a person will cause them to gain anomalous affects and powers.

I could add this machine deep into the facility and it can only be accessed by level 5 or higher personnel (really difficult to get) and you can (possibly) use it to destroy certain entities or become one yourself.

I’m not entirely sure on the destroying part, I might end up making it so it only destroys creations that it makes instead of just any entity or else it would be a very simple way of terminating harmful entities within the facility that is quite a threat, but I’ll work out the details if this becomes a Subject.

Not sure what it would be called or what all it could do, but basically there is a part of the game you can become a super powerful entity and go about the facility killing anything you like and maybe going through walls. I could even have it give you a different power each time you use it, but you can only use it once per game.

Like I said this is just an idea, but what do you think?

4 Likes

Really interesting idea. The lore is ever expanding…

3 Likes

Throwback to Security Breach

4 Likes

Well, the security levels was first from SCP, since it only went up to 5 levels then an Omni card which was a universal security card.

Although there are many things to this game I have yet to work out. I want it to original be 10 levels of security such as 10 being the overseers of the foundation 9 being most trusted agents and so on down the list. But I’m only gonna have 5 levels for the game for the sake of having limited objects.

4 Likes

So you’ll do that but not,

1 Like

That eating one seems to OP. maybe let it eat small entities?

1 Like

I mean, it has some resemblance. But like I said above. I might nerf the idea of it deleting entities and make it only delete entities that it makes. Because if it did delete any entity it wanted to, it would be rather OP and I would have to redo most of the documents saying everything can technically be killed when in reality they really can’t.

So it’s gonna be a machine that can create and destroy entities of it’s own creation when a user interacts with it.

I might make this entity Subject: 010, since Subject: 008 is now gonna be the Heart of a Dying Star. An entity I came up with a long time ago on a facility themed Minecraft map I was making.

I tought 011 was blood knight…

maybe It can stun them?

I don’t have any plans for Subject: 011. Plus these are just numbers to label entities by instead of calling them fully by their name. You can just refer to them as 011 or 009 or something.

Also I still haven’t even worked on any documents recently, I’ve had ideas such as Subject: 008 and possibly 010, but I still haven’t done anything with them since I’ve been working on a basic outline for the game currently.

1 Like

It might end up doing that. In a short story I wrote, gunshots were able to stun Subject: 009 since the loud noises were quite startling, but they really don’t have much affect.
But I think I might use weapons for other NPCs. I thought of adding prisoners that were on death row and voluntarily were shipped to Site: 012 to engage in experiments and overall help humanity learn if these anomalies secrets. Plus they also get credited for their sacrifices so I guess it’s kind of better than just dying in a prison.
So they break out during the breach and will try to harm you since you play as a scientist so you can have a weapon to defend against them. Although this is unsure since this could add a lot of different features.

I also wanted guards to follow you around since they are helpful towards fellow personnel and will take a bullet from a roque prisoner (which some may have weapons of their own) for you. But I’m not exactly sure how this would all work or what I’ll end up doing for this since AI isn’t easy to really implement.

But I might add more uses for weapons instead of worrying about Subjects, since it wouldn’t do anything to most of them anyway.

1 Like

When I was younger i thought of this guy called cheif,hes a gaurd that saves you at the end of the demo,and is a sorta companion for you.

1 Like

If I do add some sort of system for NPCs, I don’t think they would have names or anything.
Also I would only make them follow you around for so long before eventually departing or running off after another loose entity.

This feature would most likely add more ambience and realism in the facility, but it’s gonna have a lot more lonely feeling so it’s mostly just you, a few bodies, and entities. So finding prisoners or guards would be quite rare.

1 Like

At some point, I want to design each room and hallway into a bunch of sections and maybe have an autogeneration system for each map. Which this was going to be a most likely feature, but it would take a ton of coding and hours of debugging it so it doesn’t multiply sections and sections that you need to actually beat the game can be accessible. I have an idea for it, but I’m not entirely sure if it would crash the game or take way to long to load in.

I was working on my game yesterday on my iPad and because of a glitch or bug it removed all animations from the game. I refreshed the page and hoped that it didn’t save the animations as being missing like it did on an older game. After I just checked today they are all still there so I know now not to work on my games through my iPad until grazer fixes it or something.

Anyway I’m gonna start working on ambience items such as desks, cleaning carts, etc. I already have a bunch in the game, but I’m just gonna retexture them to fit the art style.

1 Like

Well then @ManiacPumpkin ,then i quess you can use this :grinning:

1 Like

I appreciate your help and it does look pretty good. But I’m not for sure what exactly I plan to do for the character yet. I was gonna use the art style I made for The Huechler, which would be easy since I already have a basic scientist and guards made up, but I might even end up changing it.

Also I might have to adjust and decorate the lab coat with pockets or something.

I even had the idea of making the main character some sort of intern or data analysts since the main character is gonna start in a room with a desk and computer instead of actually being a scientist. Since scientists would naturally have keycards to get into high ranking places so it would only make sense if you were low on the ladder.

I’ve just been working on retexturing art on the atmosphere and I haven’t gotten to NPCs and characters yet.

1 Like

WHHHAAaaaa DAaaannNNNyyyYYYlllLLLOOOs BALD!!!

He’s not bald. If your talking about the random scientists in The Heuchler, they’re bald, but the main character you call “Danylo” isn’t.

1 Like