UPC (Unique Player Content) Idea

Just a theory, but I think there is a way for a dlc to be downloaded by editing something in the Flow Editor and it would even save if the tab was reloaded. I haven’t tested it but here’s what I think:

So, the way the save behavior works is that it checks the devices cache or something right? I don’t remember specifically but I do know it has to be something with your device since my save files in Gods Of Five weren’t there when I logged into my account on a different device. So what if the creator of a game had this save behavior that was read that we will name “DLC”. Now, what if a user who played said game went into the behaviors of an object and then put these behaviors down.

“Once → Number: 1 out-> save[SaveBehavior\Name:DLC]”

This code means the save behavior with the name DLC will be saved with the number 1. Now the other save behavior made by the owner of the game also named DLC has a filter connected to the output which must be equal to 1 can pass and do something which could activate the DLC. And the DLC will save for any user who inputted the code even if it wasn’t save because it was saved to their device. I have yet to test this out so as of right now it’s just a theory.

I hope you guys understood what I meant.
Also does anyone want to test this? It would be awesome if this actually worked.

4 Likes

Yeah but you cant do money transactions in the flowlab editor.

1 Like

Yeah so it could just be free DLC or something. But this isn’t mainly focused on the DLC concept. This literally could be for anything that applies for this. Since the user who does the code and stuff will have access to those things whilst other people won’t. This can be used to make in-game secrets or such.

2 Likes

This guy’s supposed to be 13?!

Hm… interesting.

So you’re saying that there could be a way to change a specific user’s version of a game with downloadable content? This is definitely worth testing.

1 Like

Yeah! And no other user could access those things unless they input the code too. I might test it today, if I do I’ll tell you all the results!

1 Like

I see what you mean, but at that point it’s basically just an update, or an expansion to the game.

Basically, a DLC means Downloadable Content. Since flowlab is on a web browser, you don’t download anything so it’s more of a complicated way of adding an update by expanding the game and not actually changing anything from the original game. So, it can be played entirely either way without any interference.

4 Likes

Oh yeah. I might’ve worded it wrong. My bad. But still the concept could be used for a bunch of stuff.
So what could I call this idea then? I have no name for it at all.

2 Likes

MY THEORY WAS CORRECT!

As you can see the block in the game is green, that means the save was well… saved!
I connected the behaviors and it turned green, and when I reloaded the site it stayed green even though they’re not connected anymore!

VICTORY!

4 Likes

NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!!!

Ahem, sorry. These are magnificent findings. Congratulations.

3 Likes

I’m going to remember this idea, since it could be used for literally SO. MANY. THINGS.
Imagine the possibilities! (The only thing I can imagine is using this for a secret in a game)

1 Like

I KNOW!!! We should totally add a DLC pack to Last Stand!

1 Like

how would that be different from a free update?

3 Likes

Or maybe just an additional update, because MP stated it isn’t really like a DLC, but we can call it that!

2 Likes

Mhm! It’ll be free. Wait, is it possible to unlock these DLCs when playing the bought version of the game on something like steam?
That way, there could be special DLCs that only people who played for the game could get!

Here’s the link to the testing game btw:

If the block is red for you then this idea totally works. Since that means for others it will be green and some it will be red.

1 Like

Yeah but we would’ve have to hide the code that is used to read if the “DLC” is unlocked, so people don’t go looking for things and figure out the name to the save block.

1 Like

Ok, no way. This… this is crazy. Just crazy.

Yeah if you go into the editor, and click the blue block you can connect the lines and play the game and the block will turn green. It will stay green even if you reload the site.

1 Like

NO way! Now I have the DLC! Lol. This is insane.

1 Like

We should stop calling it “DLC” lol, since it really isn’t that at all. I don’t really know what to name this really.

1 Like