What’s a Flowjam?
Flowjam is a competition where everyone gets a limited time (two weeks) to create a complete game from start to finish, based around a single theme.
The theme will be announced when the game jam begins, make sure to wait until the theme is announced to create your game!
This year the Flowjam will begin on January 1st, 2023 12pm (noon) EST . Submissions will close and Judging begins on January 15th, 2023 EST at Midnight.
Remember to come back and review all the games after you enter!
Come join the Flowjam Discord Channel or the Flowjam 2023 Forum thread to discuss ideas, encourage each other, ask questions, or whatever else.
What can I win?
The winning game developer will receive a Steam Deck 64GB:
Why should I participate?
Making games is fun! Also, this is a chance to challenge yourself to try new ideas, improve your skills, and possibly win a new game console
Who can enter?
Anyone, from anywhere. Feel free to collaborate and help each other, but only one prize will be awarded. Entrants outside the U.S. will be responsible for any Customs or other fees incurred.
- Don’t create your game until the theme is announced! - on January 1st, 2023 12pm (noon) EST - the game creation time is listed under each game.
- Your game can include any art or music you have legal permission to use, but anything not created by you during the jam should be listed in the game’s description.
- Submissions will be closed on January 15th, 2023 EST at midnight
- All entrants can vote on the game submissions to select the winner , and Grazer will have the final say on the official winner in case of a tie.
- Only games created using Flowlab can be submitted
- No purchase necessary - free accounts are welcome and encouraged to submit games!
- Theme How well the game adhered to and used the theme
- Fun How fun the game is to play
- Art How does the game look and sound
- Creativity How unique are the graphics, the mechanics, and the overall design